Just Got Sirius........

Author Topic: Just Got Sirius........  (Read 1598 times)

Dave in Miami

• Stucknut Royalty
  • -Nutter-
Just Got Sirius........
« on: December 22, 2006, 06:33:09 pm »
with the lifetime subscription.

I hope it's worth it. :-\

Everyone I know of with Sirius swears by it.

If it sucks, I can always pawn it off on eBay.

Their gonna stop the lifetime deal in January.

Tivo's with the lifetime deal cost a fortune now since they stopped the lifetime subscriptions in March.

Get 'em while they're hot.
Miami HurricanesCleveland IndiansCleveland CavaliersCleveland BrownsPittsburgh Penguins

Cam

• Fuck you
  • -Nutter-
  • I'm a Ninja
Re: Just Got Sirius........
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 08:13:41 pm »
with the lifetime subscription.

I hope it's worth it. :-\

Everyone I know of with Sirius swears by it.

If it sucks, I can always pawn it off on eBay.

Their gonna stop the lifetime deal in January.

Tivo's with the lifetime deal cost a fortune now since they stopped the lifetime subscriptions in March.

Get 'em while they're hot.

how much is it
South Florida BullsTampa Bay RaysOrlando MagicTampa Bay BuccaneersTampa Bay Lightning

Dave in Miami

• Stucknut Royalty
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 08:20:14 pm »
$499 for the lifetime........
Miami HurricanesCleveland IndiansCleveland CavaliersCleveland BrownsPittsburgh Penguins

Ralph In Orlando

• Globetard Killer
  • -Nutter-
  • Its Real To Me
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 08:33:24 pm »
stupid move....seriously....u get satellite radio and u dont get the one that has the MLB? Unless you hate the MLB...you got :bananbang
Duke Blue DevilsNew York MetsOrlando MagicNew York GiantsNew York Rangers
{:: - You Bark, I Bite - ::}

Dave in Miami

• Stucknut Royalty
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 08:49:32 pm »
stupid move....seriously....u get satellite radio and u dont get the one that has the MLB? Unless you hate the MLB...you got :bananbang
BUT, I have the NFL, NBA, NHL and NASCAR....... :uhh

Trust me, that was weighing on my mind heavily.

Saxon in Nashville

• Looney Left: that's all for the US, folks!
  • -Member-
  • War AP
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 10:11:44 pm »
Both satellite companies are in financial difficulties.  I would not, at this point, spring half a grand for a "lifetime" subscription only to see it fold in five to ten years.

On top of that, there is no promise that all those sports leagues will perpetually stay with Sirius.  If other satellite stations open, they might be able to compete whenever the contracts are up.

Saxon in Nashville

• Looney Left: that's all for the US, folks!
  • -Member-
  • War AP
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2006, 10:45:15 pm »
Yeah, with a useless device and none of my favorite talk show hosts (at least now) on it anyway.

I want baseball, Glenn Beck, and Rollye James, so XM would be my choice, if I weren't a cheapskate.

I have to admit, I feel like I am being cheated in order to get the service:

1. I have to pay Best Buy some ridiculous price to get the device.
2. I have to pay $20 to get it activated (?)
3. I have to pay $13 per month for the service.

I'll probably get HD radio before satellite radio.  At least I am only paying for the radio and not for everything ele.

Milk in da D

• -Nutter-
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 11:02:06 pm »
Both satellite companies are in financial difficulties.  I would not, at this point, spring half a grand for a "lifetime" subscription only to see it fold in five to ten years.

That's because you are a fukking cheapskate. Quit being such a tightass and join me in some math.  It'll be fun.  Sirius = $12/month (X) 12 months per year = $144 per year.

$499/144=3.45 years.  So if you did "spring half a grand" for a "lifetime" subscription and it did fold in five to ten years, you still come out ahead.

No.. he is right dog. Sirius and XM will merge in the next 16 months. If they honor your lifetime subscription thats cool, but i wouldn't bet on it. They are are deep finical trouble.
Michigan WolverinesDetroit TigersDetroit PistonsNew England PatriotsDetroit Red Wings

Dave in Miami

• Stucknut Royalty
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2006, 04:00:08 am »

That's because you are a fukking cheapskate. Quit being such a tightass and join me in some math.  It'll be fun.  Sirius = $12/month (X) 12 months per year = $144 per year.

$499/144=3.45 years.  So if you did "spring half a grand" for a "lifetime" subscription and it did fold in five to ten years, you still come out ahead.

No.. he is right dog. Sirius and XM will merge in the next 16 months. If they honor your lifetime subscription thats cool, but i wouldn't bet on it. They are are deep finical trouble.

Here is a good TMF article about the future of SATRAD

http://www.fool.com/investing/high-growth/2006/12/21/should-xm-and-sirius-merge.aspx?source=eptyholnk303100&logvisit=y&npu=y

Sax is right about the risk and Dog is right with the math.

Now for the clincher.

Look at the prices for Tivo's with lifetime subscriptions on eBay.

The sub was $299, with the deal ending last March.

They are getting $600+ for these right now.

It's a gamble, but I think this holiday season will give Sirius the boost it needs.

mike in huntsville

• America's Sweetheart
  • -Member-
  • Bitter & Belligerent Philly Phan
    • mikebrown8148
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2006, 07:44:49 am »
You all know I'm the biggest sirius honk on earth, but you also should know i don't give a f-u-c-k about baseball. I've got the NFL and NASCAR. Both XM and Sirius have the NHL right now. I remember reading something a while back that XM was going to get exclusive rights to the nhl, but that hasn't happened (yet).

I had XM for a while, the music channels sucked, the hosts were annoying, then when Stern made his announcement, that clinched it. I got Sirius 2 years ago and (thanks to the extreme shittiness of local radio), I'd gladly pay twice what they're asking. It's really worth it if you've got a long commute every day and a job that lets you stream audio at work.  O0

The only complaint I can register is that they're not allowed to stream nfl or nhl games. I understand why terrestrial stations aren't allowed to, but it makes no sense for satellite companies. what the fvck are they, and i paying for?
Alabama Crimson TidePhiladelphia PhilliesPhiladelphia EaglesPhiladelphia Flyers

Dave in Miami

• Stucknut Royalty
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2006, 08:10:44 am »
I requested XM in the rental car I'll be using for the next two weeks.

I can pit them head to head.

Satellite radio deathmatch. :uhh

WarPeteGillen

• A Sub-Par At Best
  • -Nutter-
  • I have a Master's Degree in "Being Shitteah"
    • VeddermanJAK30
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2006, 08:11:55 am »
Rack that you joinned the Revoulution Dave.

With me being a subscriber since April I fell in love with it the day I was able to hear Howard's voice again on Sirius. The music stations kick ass

May I suggest

14 Classic Viynl  (Classic Rock's Early Years)
15 Classic Rewind  (Classic Rock From The Late 70's-Mid 90's)
09 The Pulse (The 90's and Now)
20 Octane (Modern Rock)
21 Alt Nation (Alternitve Rock mostly from the late 80's and 90's)
19 Buzzsaw (Hard Classic Rock)
16 The Vault (Deep Cuts and Rarities)
124 Sirius NFL Radio
100 Howard
101 Howard 101
12 Siruis Supper Shuffle (Everything)
08 The Big 80's
23 Hair Nation (Hair Metal and Arena Rock)

The one downfall is that a couple a stations are targeted to be family friendly( Sirius Hits, Starlite etc) and they edit some of the content. However most of the staions with the exception of The Pulse and Super Shuffle I sugguested are unedited and Uncut.

I love that you can listen to the Sirius (Not every station is availble but there moostly talk stations) on the internet.  The Reciever I got for my truck was a christmas gift last year was awesome and is the best 13 bucks a month i have spent and when my 1 year subscription is up in April I am planning to renew and move up if its still available to the two year subscription.  I wish I had the 500 bucks to spend for the lifetime plan.
Washington RedskinsNew Jersey Devils
jorgejemima in teh chat: @WarPeteGillen your mere existence makes me lose respect for heart disease

Dave in Miami

• Stucknut Royalty
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2006, 08:26:38 am »
I haven't turned it off since I got it.