"Cock Fights - The Unsavory Mastered Version"

Author Topic: "Cock Fights - The Unsavory Mastered Version"  (Read 1884 times)

magic_uno

• -Member-
"Cock Fights - The Unsavory Mastered Version"
« on: March 30, 2007, 09:46:43 am »
WAR CAAF!!!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=684405

Special thanks to Steve in H-Town and Stucknut.com for providing the forum.

Feedback appreciated!

:koolaid
"Oh, yeah!"
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 10:04:40 am by magic_uno »
Illinois Fighting IlliniChicago White SoxChicago BullsChicago BearsChicago Blackhawks

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
Re: Here It Is! "Cock Fights - The Unsavory Mastered Version"
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 10:15:37 am »
good job holmes
Texas LonghornsLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersCleveland Browns

magic_uno

• -Member-
Re: Here It Is! "Cock Fights - The Unsavory Mastered Version"
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 10:21:09 am »
The song has been sent to the Inbox at rome@haveatake.com

All we need now is for the Xr4Ti Crew to approve it and give it some run.

It wouldn't hurt if the Clones called the show and requested it.

WAR CAAF! 

AND WAR ME PUTTING IN THE WORK FOR THE CAUSE!
Illinois Fighting IlliniChicago White SoxChicago BullsChicago BearsChicago Blackhawks

magic_uno

• -Member-
Re: "Cock Fights - The Unsavory Mastered Version"
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 03:35:40 pm »
I've been getting some positive feedback on the song and I thank you all for that.  I have sent Jim Rome the CD.  Hopefully he likes it.

Anyways, I just wanted to take this moment to get serious for a second and say something about cancer.

Now, if you're like that dude that called the show and said he didn't want to hear about whose mother has cancer, then just click out now.

You know, doing the "Cock Fights" song was fun and it's for a good "cause", but I wanted to let you all in on a real cause that I am trying to drum up support for, and that is Rap For A Cure.

I started this project with a few other rap artists and we came together to make music to help uplift the spirits of those women who have been stricken by this horrible disease.  You know, a lot of people rip rap music for being really masogonistic (sp?), and I can't really defend it, because that's what the industry feeds the masses.  But I'm here to let you know, that that's not what I'm about.  I am from the old school.  When rap was viewed as an artform, rather than as a promotional engine for selfish agendas.  Don't get me wrong, I want to improve my financial situation, just like you, but that's not why I rap.  I rap because I love it, sincerely.  I love music.  Just like the O'Jays.  However, I view my talent as something that I can use to make a difference.  So, with that said, I took it upon myself to make something happen.  Regardless of whatever trends and/or norms exist in rap music today.

Which brings me to Rap For A Cure.

Unfortunately, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer recently, and I wanted to try to make a difference in not only lifting her morale, but also the morale of all those other women who are going through the same stuff.  It's hard on a lot of people, not just the women who have to carry the burden.  Entire families lives' are affected.

So I reached out to the hip hop community and was able to get a couple of rappers and a producer to volunteer their efforts and we came up with this song called "Rise Again".  It is currently not mixed down professionally or mastered, because again, I don't have the money to do it, but I have put it up for your listening pleasure and, if you would like, donations.  I am also currently working on making a t-shirt for the project (men's and women's) and hopefully, I can make that available for purchase soon.  ALL of the proceeds from this project are going straight to the Y Me National Breast Cancer Organization.  It is not for me to benefit from.  It's for my mom and for women just like her, who didn't ask for this terrible condition. 

Now, I know that you or someone you know may be dealing with (or soon will be dealing with) breast cancer, so please, click over to www.myspace.com/rapforacure and give it a listen and pass on the word.  We are really trying to make a difference and would like to reach out to as many people as we can.  If you can donate $1.39 for the download, you will be helping out all of those women, as well as the future generation of little girls who will some day be confronted with dealing with this disease.  So keep that in mind.  I only hope that I can get the song professionally mixed and mastered (I'm currently soliciting help), so it can be of the best quality.  I want to present the best possible product.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and thanks for all of your support.  I'm really banking on Rome playing the "Cock Fights" song, just so I can get my foot in the door and make this project known nationwide. 

Peace, Clones.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 03:44:53 pm by magic_uno »

Milk in da D

• -Nutter-
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 03:43:58 pm »
Your songs are pretty tight.
Michigan WolverinesDetroit TigersDetroit PistonsNew England PatriotsDetroit Red Wings

magic_uno

• -Member-
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 11:23:02 am »
Check out my sales pitch to Romey.  I learned this shit when I was doing "promotional marketing" :

Dear Mr. Rome,

Nice hair!

If I had a way to get your organization, Cock Fights Across America, more pub and have it reach a whole new demographic, would you be interested in hearing more about that?

I'm going to be near a phone this Wednesday and Friday.  Which one works better for you?

What's that?  Soliciting?  Noooooooo, it's not soliciting!  I'm merely presenting you with a great opportunity to expand your idea.  Think of it as marketing.  You would like to get more exposure right?

So was that Noon or 1 PM, central time?

Thanks.

Sincerely.

Magic 1
Chicago, IL

EX-Door-To-Door Sucker, ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, Solictor, ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, Promotional Marketing Agent

« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 10:06:27 am by magic_uno »

magic_uno

• -Member-
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 10:08:15 am »
PUMP

:banana

I mean, BUMP

bobbit

• bastard
  • -Member-
  • fvck off
    • @bobbit001
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 07:55:30 pm »
thats some classic grade a ahit
Clemson TigersLos Angeles LakersPittsburgh Steelers
fvck you and fvck off

magic_uno

• -Member-
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 11:02:21 am »
The cockfighting movement gets a much needed shot in the arm with the publicity being given to the Mike Vick cockfighting scandal today.

Clones, you would be wise to email Rome today and request the song be played in honor of Ron Mexico.  Do it.  Do it.  :banana

RACK CAAF!   :D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 11:05:01 am by magic_uno »

magic_uno

• -Member-
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 07:51:48 pm »
Bumpin' the song for the betterment of America.

MORNINWUD713

• If the sun rises then so shall it...Let it be wriiten. Let it be done.
  • -Member-
  • Bacon > Barack
    • RR_713
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 08:53:19 pm »
nice
Texas Tech Red RaidersHouston AstrosHouston RocketsHouston TexansCalgary Flames
See the names have all changed since I been around But the game ain't the same since I left out...

Oregon Clone

• -Member-
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 09:57:13 pm »
Sorry... I drop the Manual Buzzer on all rap, can't even listen to rap that's supposed to be funny.

magic_uno

• -Member-
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2007, 11:08:28 am »
I don't blame you if you base your opinion on rap as it exists today.  If this was 1986-1997, you'd probably have a greater appreciation for it.

Oregon Clone

• -Member-
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2007, 02:26:33 pm »
Actually, I base my opinion on all rap I've ever heard, and I'm old.  Only time I've ever found myself not hating it is during high-school hoops pregame warmups.

War actually having a melody, preferably not rock either...  Out!