Suspended over CS Map

Author Topic: Suspended over CS Map  (Read 1070 times)

Adios MoFo

• Here, hold my
  • -Member-
Suspended over CS Map
« on: May 05, 2007, 02:34:12 pm »
Chinese kid in Ft Bend, Texas suspended over Counter Strike map he made of his High School. Lawsuit seems inevitable..

A single phone call, made one day after the Virginia Tech murders by a parent whose child had played a computer game that “involved killing” and “took place inside an animated map of Clements High School,” led to the controversial removal of a senior from the school, a police report shows.

“I feel we went beyond our jurisdiction,” [some school board member] added. “If he put something on a computer at Clements, that’s different – but he didn’t do that. I think we’ve jumped the gun here.”

The FBISD administration sees it differently.
“When you have the floor plan of a high school that houses over 2,000 students in a game about killing people, you have to have consequences,”

While no charges were filed against the boy, both Simpson and Smelley said other mitigating circumstances – which they declined to specify – came to light as a result of the police search.

http://www.fortbendnow.com/news/2854/phone-call-a-day-after-virginia-tech-shootings-led-to-clements-students-punishment
http://www.fortbendnow.com/news/2850/fbisd-police-found-5-swords-at-home-of-student-removed-from-clements-over-computer-game

Angry in VA - May 3, 12:11 am
Under what jurisdiction, under what law, can they tell him not to produce maps of public areas?

johninpwest

• Inglorious Bastard
  • -Nutter-
  • Run me, and I will be more powerful than you think
Re: Suspended over CS Map
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 04:18:00 pm »
All right, it's official.  We've lost our fvcking minds here.
Colorado St. RamsColorado RockiesDenver NuggetsDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
"...Granting an exemption from social security taxes to an employer operates to impose the employer's religious faith on the employees" US vs Lee (1982)

DJGex

• The other anime geek...
  • -Member-
  • Hundred Handslap in your mothafukkin grillpiece.
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 08:38:54 pm »
Jack Thompson has officially creamed his shorts...

BenintheJack

• Wearing the Daddy Pants
  • -Nutter-
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 10:19:37 am »
What if he made the CounterStrike map to role-play if terrorists took over his school and he was a SpecialOps soldier rescuing the kids?  fvcking idiots these days.

DJGex

• The other anime geek...
  • -Member-
  • Hundred Handslap in your mothafukkin grillpiece.
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 04:13:06 pm »
One of the things Jack has been spewing lately on MSNBC and Fox Noise is that the columbine shooters Harris and Klebold created a map of their high school on Doom, thereby practicing their rampage.

Authorities found no such map, or any resemblance to the school or scenario.

Jack will probably use this to modify his argument, pointless as it is.

Sev in Ottawa

• Sexecutioner
  • -Member-
  • Don Postwhoreleones caporegime
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 07:14:48 pm »
I love the whole "swords confiscated" bullshit.  Odds are they were a bunch of stainless steel knock-offs with no tang and are likely to fall apart with one good swing.