Man, Jeff Samardzija made the right choice

Author Topic: Man, Jeff Samardzija made the right choice  (Read 1593 times)

Cam

• Fuck you
  • -Nutter-
  • I'm a Ninja
Man, Jeff Samardzija made the right choice
« on: May 21, 2007, 09:37:51 pm »
 War watching Mr. Irish getting blazed for 7 runs in 2 innings...  For an 0-3 record with an ERA the Rays wouldnt even take...... But he made the right choice not taking millions and going in the NFL's first round... But he is playing Single A ball in daytona.....

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=g_box&gid=2007_05_21_dbcafa_sarafa_1&did=t535&sid=t535
South Florida BullsTampa Bay RaysOrlando MagicTampa Bay BuccaneersTampa Bay Lightning

Milk in da D

• -Nutter-
Re: Man, Jeff Samardzija made the right choice
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 09:38:59 pm »
What an idiot

/s/

Drew Henson
Michigan WolverinesDetroit TigersDetroit PistonsNew England PatriotsDetroit Red Wings

Front Porch

• Rat bastard
  • -Security-
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 10:42:21 pm »
Thank God you can judge talent after just 9 games. 

Why the hell do MLB teams take years to develop these guys with people like you around.

Cam

• Fuck you
  • -Nutter-
  • I'm a Ninja
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 08:11:51 am »

Why the hell do MLB teams take years to develop these guys with people like you around.

all im saying is that he passed up millions by not entering the NFL Draft... and now he is playing Single a ball with a bunch of bums.... and he is sucking it up....
South Florida BullsTampa Bay RaysOrlando MagicTampa Bay BuccaneersTampa Bay Lightning

BenintheJack

• Wearing the Daddy Pants
  • -Nutter-
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 08:18:50 am »

all im saying is that he passed up millions by not entering the NFL Draft... and now he is playing Single a ball with a bunch of bums.... and he is sucking it up....

Millions?  Where do you think he would have went?

Cam

• Fuck you
  • -Nutter-
  • I'm a Ninja
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 08:40:26 am »

Millions?  Where do you think he would have went?
before he signed with the cubs, he was ranked as the number 2-3 receiver.....which would put him 1st or early 2nd round.....

Jeff in Syracuse

• (I)
  • -Nutter-
  • I lift things up and put them down
    • jeff13164
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 09:08:48 am »
Only an ex-Irish football player could spark enough interest that there are 7 posts in a thread about a Single A pitcher in the Rays' organization  :lol
Syracuse OrangeNew York MetsPhoenix SunsNew York Giants

Cam

• Fuck you
  • -Nutter-
  • I'm a Ninja
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 09:18:04 am »
Only an ex-Irish football player could spark enough interest that there are 7 posts in a thread about a Single A pitcher in the Rays' organization  :lol

he aint a ray, numb nuts.......... he is a cub........ i watched him in sarasota loss to our Single A Reds team.....

emstrem

• Keep people working - I'm an American, therefore I take the time to buy products MADE IN THE USA!!
  • -Member-
  • GO BLUE!!
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 07:42:41 pm »
baseball is a better career move anyways. longer career's (if u make it), not as much wear and tear on the body, and now he wont have to cover up that pretty boy face of his. i still h8 him and his alma mater.

notre dame :banana
Just My Opinion on a Bad Vicodin Buzz!!

BenintheJack

• Wearing the Daddy Pants
  • -Nutter-
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 08:28:42 am »
BTW- He signed a 5 year, $10 mil contract to play baseball with an option for years 6 and 7 that bring the contract to 16.5 million.  The deal also included a $2.5 mil signing bonus.

Not too bad for a guy who loves to play baseball more than he loves to play football.

You're wrong, it was a stupid decision.  Shut up.

lasordahasmyback

• "wt"f is teh pacel going into.
  • -Member-
  • this is teh year of yohyers
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 01:40:05 pm »
even gooden who is agrueable teh best young crackhead pitcher oot there.  i think a few years in teh minors never hurt anyone, idiot eerr cam.
AND this is teh smacker of teh year with an earnest question to a fellow member  
 Where did you find the midget cock p

Major Applesauce

• Richard Marxist
  • -Member-
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 04:52:55 pm »
Opting to pass up a chance at the NFL, Samardzija on Friday signed a five-year contract with the Chicago Cubs.

ESPN 1000 in Chicago is reporting Samardzija's deal to be worth $10 million, including a $2.5 million signing bonus. According to the report, the Cubs have options for a sixth and seventh year.
Penn St. Nittany LionsTexas RangersHouston TexansBuffalo Sabres
YOU'RE IN THE JUNGLE WITH JAMES FREAKING ROME. GRAB A VINE!

Jeff in Syracuse

• (I)
  • -Nutter-
  • I lift things up and put them down
    • jeff13164
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 06:37:35 pm »

he aint a ray, numb nuts.......... he is a cub........ i watched him in sarasota loss to our Single A Reds team.....

My bad   :blush
Syracuse OrangeNew York MetsPhoenix SunsNew York Giants

Front Porch

• Rat bastard
  • -Security-
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 08:40:41 pm »
Just another point is that prior to that game he had 3.83 ERA so you are really judging him based off of one bad game.  He just has not thrown enough innings for anyone to really say what kind of player he will be.  Until we know that you can't determine if he made a mistake.