Review on Zohan; dont mess with the

Author Topic: Review on Zohan; dont mess with the  (Read 800 times)

308 pron stache

• -Nutter-
Review on Zohan; dont mess with the
« on: June 07, 2008, 10:01:48 pm »
  Well I went and saw that Zohan movie.  It was full of laughs but it was also full of uncomfortable moments. At points, the forced Israeli accent by Adam Sandler had me squirming in my seat.  Some of the stereotypes were a bit exaggerated.  There were plenty of fun moments throughout but some of the laughs were overused prop comedy.  A lot of Hummus jokes.  The movie had a thin plot; a hopeful cliched message of peace.
   Having heard another notable movie critic comment on the fact the story fell apart toward the end, I was forced to notice this fact.  Overall the movie was a mindless comedy. I was told by a friend that is was stupid and I replied I was going for the laughs. That I hang out with 'stupid' all the time.  The reference, he did not get. I had my laughs at the movie and at his expense.
  One of the more enjoyable moments of the movie: hearing the girlfriend cackle the loudest most solo lonely laugh in the whole theater.
The Aptow/ Smigel input on the script helped put Sandler in a fun movie. There was the overplayed man ass sprinkled throughout the movie... Still go see it for a laugh. Good date movie or take your folks. They will LOVE it.

mike in huntsville

• America's Sweetheart
  • -Member-
  • Bitter & Belligerent Philly Phan
    • mikebrown8148
Re: Review on Zohan; dont mess with the
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 11:23:45 pm »
forced stereotypes? in an adam sandler movie?

no!

/s/

actually, I've been told most Louisiana people are like that in real life, so never mind.
Alabama Crimson TidePhiladelphia PhilliesPhiladelphia EaglesPhiladelphia Flyers

Thoreau

• Who
  • Who Mad
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 10:06:13 pm »
Hey it is not Mr. Deeds, Chuck and Larry, or Click.  Not the greatest but a huge step forward from previous Sandler stinkers.  Dave Matthews as a bigot was aight too.  Had some quality laughs.   *** out of ***** 
Cincinnati BearcatsCincinnati RedsLos Angeles LakersCincinnati Bengals
Hoo

Hugh Jass

• Artificial intelligence will never overcome natural stupidity
  • -Member-
  • Official trucker of Stucknut
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 11:17:41 pm »
What Rob Schneider didnt want any of this....... :popcorn

David in H-Town

• + its me
  • -Nutter-
  • Effort
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 08:07:50 am »
Yeah, the jokes in his previous flicks were recylced and sometimes repeated almost verbatim. 

Mr. Deeds - Wynona Ryder  fakes being mugged by one of her coworkers and Sandler rescues her by beating the shit out of the guy.  Very over the top and kind of funny.

50 First Dates - Sandler fakes being mugged by Rob Schneider and Drew Barrymore saves Sandler by chasing Schnieder down with a baseball bat and proceeds to beat him senseless.  Again over the top, but unfortunately it was the same joke.  Not funny

fvcking stupid.
Another great prediction from you know who...
12-4 record should = Division champs

FrancisInGlendale

• -Member-
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 02:52:58 am »
This was OK at best.  Agree with 308, they overdid the hummus jokes and man ass.  Sandler's & Chiriqui's accents were horrible.  Turturro was good, they didn't use Nick Swardson enough.  A couple funny moments, but not enough in a Sandler movie.

2 out of 5 stars

Artificial Clone

• -Nutter-
    • @ACinthe715
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 10:25:16 pm »
Sandler shoudl keep producing movies instead of starring in one.  Everything since Big Daddy has sucked little by little. 
Wisconsin BadgersGreen Bay Packers