anybody know of a good "ogg player"

Author Topic: anybody know of a good "ogg player"  (Read 483 times)

johninpwest

• Inglorious Bastard
  • -Nutter-
  • Run me, and I will be more powerful than you think
anybody know of a good "ogg player"
« on: July 16, 2008, 07:47:05 am »
If such a thing actually exists, that is.
Colorado St. RamsColorado RockiesDenver NuggetsDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
"...Granting an exemption from social security taxes to an employer operates to impose the employer's religious faith on the employees" US vs Lee (1982)

Saxon in Nashville

• Looney Left: that's all for the US, folks!
  • -Member-
  • War AP
Re: anybody know of a good "ogg player"
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 08:59:27 am »
I've heard of one from Coby, but it was rated so badly that it was a running joke on Cnet.

Ogg is a good format, and since it's open source, no one has a patent on it.  I don't know why companies that make them would want to encourage their use, since it would save them money as well.

johninpwest

• Inglorious Bastard
  • -Nutter-
  • Run me, and I will be more powerful than you think
Re: anybody know of a good "ogg player"
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 11:12:00 am »
I've heard of one from Coby, but it was rated so badly that it was a running joke on Cnet.

Ogg is a good format, and since it's open source, no one has a patent on it.  I don't know why companies that make them would want to encourage their use, since it would save them money as well.

Taking a draw off of Oliver Stone's blunt, I'd say they might be getting some good kickbacks from the mp3 patent people  not to go with ogg.
Colorado St. RamsColorado RockiesDenver NuggetsDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
"...Granting an exemption from social security taxes to an employer operates to impose the employer's religious faith on the employees" US vs Lee (1982)