"Gun"

Author Topic: "Gun"  (Read 1156 times)

Spanky

• -Security-
  • Has 2008 racks more than this
"Gun"
« on: November 13, 2005, 08:47:03 pm »
I rented this game Friday, and thought I'd let y'all know how it is, since I saw on chat that some people were thinking about buying it.  First off, the gameplay is great.  You can run and gun, or strategize and use real gunfighting techniques, such as rolling, leaning around doors and corners, and cover/decoy shooting.  There is also a qucikdraw technique in the game that allows time to be slowed down and more accurate shooting.  You can roam throughtout an lage map and complete hundreds of side missions as a deputy, hunter, federal marshall, Pony Express agent and other things.  The game play is great.  The animation and voice acting is also incredible.  However, the game does not last very long.  I played the game on normal and beat it in 6 hours.  There are a couple frustrating parts, including the last mission, which is near impossible.   However, there are a couple tricks for each fight, and when you learn them, the game is very easy.  The replay value for this game is very low.  I would recommend renting the game, and play the hell out of it, but do not buy it.   

Nebraska CornhuskersNew York YankeesNew York JetsMontreal Canadiens

YD

• Max
  • -Nutter-
Re: "Gun"
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 12:54:37 pm »
how does it stand up to Red Dead Revolver?

that game kicks ass

I still may buy GUN because I have limited game time and usually can only play for 30-60 mins at a time

Spanky

• -Security-
  • Has 2008 racks more than this
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 05:16:28 pm »
Gameplay wise, it may actually be btter. The plot and graphics are probably better, too. However, like I said, once you've played it through, ain't much else to do. Kris Kristofferson is in it though, thats cool.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 09:33:11 pm by Brock in Va Beach »
Nebraska CornhuskersNew York YankeesNew York JetsMontreal Canadiens

Sev in Ottawa

• Sexecutioner
  • -Member-
  • Don Postwhoreleones caporegime
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 09:32:20 pm »
On the topic of westerns, rent Darkwatch.  Western/Horror style game.  Sounds kooky, but when you start riding along on horseback shooting up skeletons while the theme to The Good The Bad And The Ugly plays, well, how can you beat that?

YD

• Max
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 02:09:55 pm »
got Gun for X mas . only played for a few minutes and am on the bridge defense chapter.

fun game. So far I like red dead better, but its very early