Iphone stream???

Author Topic: Iphone stream???  (Read 623 times)

acemario

Iphone stream???
« on: August 03, 2008, 06:55:04 pm »
So I bought the new iphone after suffering with the POS Blackberry Pearl for the last year.  I was certain it HAD to play Jim Rome live but it doesn't!!  I can download the show after it's finished but that sucks.  anyone had btter luck listening to Jim live?  I am a paying streamlink member and would appreciate the input..

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
Re: Iphone stream???
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 10:08:23 pm »
im actually helping a radio station get a stream up for iphones.
we havent come up with anything yet.
Texas LonghornsLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersCleveland Browns

Milk in da D

• -Nutter-
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 10:25:37 pm »
im actually helping a radio station get a stream up for iphones.
we havent come up with anything yet.

Good luck  ::)
Michigan WolverinesDetroit TigersDetroit PistonsNew England PatriotsDetroit Red Wings

Brad in Waco

• -Member-
  • Official custodian of V.I. Lenin's preserved grill
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 09:20:57 am »
I just found out today about the free fstream app that can supposedly stream windows media streams. That should mean that you'll be able to stream Rome from some sites but I haven't tested it yet. If you have he time you should try it out. I won't be  able to try it for a while probably.

Brad in Waco

• -Member-
  • Official custodian of V.I. Lenin's preserved grill
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 04:24:59 pm »
Ok I found a way better solutiong.  fstream is kind of buggy and doesn't stream very well with a cellular connection.

Download the AOL Radio application for free.  Then select local stations, don't use your location, select Houston, TX and select sports radio 610.  They play the Rome show.  There are probably other locals you could find on there too but I know that 610 has it and it streams very well even on an Edge network.  I tested that today because I can't get a 3G signal at my desk even though I get full 3G outside the door of my room.