Bad News For TNA Fans

Author Topic: Bad News For TNA Fans  (Read 2190 times)

lakeshoredave

Bad News For TNA Fans
« on: May 05, 2005, 11:52:40 pm »
http://www.wrestlingplanet.com/wpheadlines/117316383.shtml

sounds like their parent company has lost alot of money on them.

Dave in Buffalo
War ECW
War Roster Draft 2005

natashainvancouver

• #4 in a Five Car Train
  • -Member-
  • Drunken phone calls are my forte
Re: Bad News For TNA Fans
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 01:36:03 am »
yikes, $20million. I know that they got screwed over in Canada by not getting a deal with any of the cable companies to have their ppv's broadcast so by the time we finally were able to get them, it was already well under way.

They should try to set up a deal with Spike TV since WWE is heading back to the USA Network. Even it's just for 1 hour like ECW had, it'll give them a lot more exposure than being a strictly ppv show.

War Captain Charisma
unwar the wwe for possibly uniting Edge & Lita for an upcoming storyline

Jeff in San Diego

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 10:17:56 am »
i heard TNA is going to sign a deal with WGN to have the shows on monday night.

Bagels

• Don Postwhoreleone
  • Mod
  • How u durrrrin?
    • Mikeinthaville
    • @mikeybagels1
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 01:22:36 pm »
Bring em back to nashville.....it was only 10 dollars to sit ringside,

WAR THE OLD TNA ASYLUM
Auburn TigersAtlanta BravesMemphis GrizzliesTennessee TitansNashville Predators
Used to be we were all fvcking post whores.  Didn't matter what the topic was, we whored the fvck out of it.

dmcthegame

• Dan in C-town
  • -Member-
  • I WILL GUT YOU LIKE A FISH!!!
    • @realdancindan
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 11:32:55 am »
Their problem is that Jeff Jarrett is still the champ and look at the last show. Not one guy who's not a reject from Stamford. Unfortunatly, I see AJ getting hosed big time at the next PPV. Also, it's time to break-up AMW and give Chris Harris the singles push he was supposed to get last year. It's no differant than what's going on up north. Too much family influence.
Ohio St. BuckeyesCleveland IndiansCleveland CavaliersCleveland BrownsPittsburgh Penguins

lakeshoredave

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 07:38:41 pm »
agree with all your points on the wwe vs tna comparison.

dave in buffalo
war stucknut
war playing well at the western ny open

Bubba Columbia

• is good for you!
  • -Member-
  • Nobody!!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 01:42:22 pm »
Looks like Jeff Jaret is nothing but a cancer as a top draw.  He drove WCW into the ground and I won't stand for him doing the same to the only competition to WWE.

slickrickwhitfield

• El Queso Grande
  • -Member-
  • I'M SLICK RICK WHITFIELD BITCH!!!
    • elqueso98
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 01:55:14 pm »
Man, Jeff Jarrett and his daddy ran a good thing into the ground.  Hell, at least when it was on PPV you could order it every week.  Now it's supposed to be on FSN, but you can't find it half the time, cuz it gets pre-empted by some game.  Out here in No-fvck, I usually get the shitty teams from the Chocolate City (the District for those of you not privy to old school jungle terminology).  Personally, I'd rather see them put All Japan Pro Wrestling on TV, at least there you can find decent talent actually getting a chance!

WAR AJ STYLES AND MONTY BROWN!!!
OH, FORGOT TO WAR ABYSS AND JEFF HARDY!!!
UNWAR JARRETT!!!
AND RIP CHRIS CANDIDO!!!
Nevada-Las Vegas Runnin RebelsLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersKansas City ChiefsLos Angeles Kings
Drink apple juice, because OJ will kill ya!

WarRazorbacks

• -Member-
  • War Matt Jones
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2005, 09:21:34 pm »
I miss the old USWA in Memphis.. Lawler won the world championship like.. 200 times.. every saturday morning on the tv show some new bad guy would come out and take his title.. then they had the weekly coliseum show monday night and lawler would win it back.. it worked every time.. i miss lawler throwing the old ball of fire in someones face.. ah the good ole days

war jerry the king lawler
war superstar bill dundee
unwar everyone else  O0

Bagels

• Don Postwhoreleone
  • Mod
  • How u durrrrin?
    • Mikeinthaville
    • @mikeybagels1
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2005, 09:51:45 pm »
ahhh USWA, the original WWF/WWE minor leagues.........those were the days.  If they didnt come through Memphis, they came to the Mecca in Nashville (old fairgrounds wrestling, NOT TNA).  Look at any world title history (WWF or E, NWA, WCW) and they ALL came thru Memphis and Nashville.
Auburn TigersAtlanta BravesMemphis GrizzliesTennessee TitansNashville Predators
Used to be we were all fvcking post whores.  Didn't matter what the topic was, we whored the fvck out of it.

rds21275

• -Member-
  • There's no respect at stucknut.com!
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2005, 12:16:32 am »
With all of these resets of old-school wrestling promotions, I've got to give a shout out to Mid South Wrestling.  It was constantly on TV here in New Orleans when I was a kid.  It seems like they were always at the Municipal Auditorium -- I guess they went all over the Gulf Coast.  Mid-South was the home of Jim Ross. Ted DiBiase (before he became the Million Dollar Man), and probably a dozen more guys I can't remember who moved on to the WWF later.  They were even showing Mid-South Wrestling on ESPN Classic on Saturday mornings a few years ago.

War JR ranting and raving, "DiBiase's got a foreign object.....somebody's gonna get seriously hurt!"

Artificial Clone

• -Nutter-
    • @ACinthe715
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2005, 03:43:43 pm »
TNA does need to expand with more talent and more titles.? What about bringing back the North American Title and bring in more talent from Mexico and Japan.? The tag team division needs more depth.? It can't just be Naturals, AMW, Team Canada over and over again. The WWE thinks their Tag Team division is bad.? Bring back the New Age Outlaws with Road Dogg B.G. James and The Outlaw *Insert name*.? I still don't understand the X Division.? Is it a cruiserweight division or is it a hardcore division?

WAR TNA Getting major talent
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 04:59:21 pm by Artificial Clone »
Wisconsin BadgersGreen Bay Packers