Loving the iPhone

Author Topic: Loving the iPhone  (Read 481 times)

Brad in Waco

• -Member-
  • Official custodian of V.I. Lenin's preserved grill
Loving the iPhone
« on: September 13, 2008, 12:10:45 pm »
Finally got an iPhone.  I went with the 16GB model.  It's pretty darn cool.  I do not have a big need for business apps aside from a calendar.  I wanted the iPhone because of it's large internal flash capacity and it's media/entertainment functionality.  I love the screen too.  Was watching an episode of The Unit that I recorded through my PC HD stick and picture and sound were both fantastic.  It syncs easily with Outlook calendar which is good because my wife syncs her Tilt with that.  The new 2.1 firmware made some nice upgrades including a really good upgrade to the onboard sound.  The headphone sound is top notch through my Etymotic ER6i in-ear monitors. 

Top download speed that I've seen on my download speed tests has been 1.6mbps.  Web surfing is fast and easy on this guy and the screen that adjusts to the direction that you hold it along with the pinch that makes the screen bigger and smaller is very helpful. 

3rd party app selection is great.  Lots of cool stuff to choose from both free and paid and a lot of apps that take advantage of the accelerometer and the touch screen. 

There you have it - a review of  the iphone 1 year late.

Brad in Waco

• -Member-
  • Official custodian of V.I. Lenin's preserved grill
Re: Loving the iPhone
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 07:22:35 am »
I had one problem with my iPhone...it wouldn't see any wifi networks.  I called the tech number and went through a bunch of troubleshooting that I'd already done and since they don't have an Apple store in Waco (I know...can you believe it?) I had to RMA it.  The RMA box was pimped out..had everything I needed down to the packing tape to seal the box with.  I sent it in Tuesday evening around 5pm.  I had an email before 7pm Wednesday that said they were replacing it and had already shipped so I will have it back in my hand as soon as I get home from work this afternoon.  Sucks that I had the problem but that's fast!