1 GB RAM $20

Author Topic: 1 GB RAM $20  (Read 872 times)

Saxon in Nashville

• Looney Left: that's all for the US, folks!
  • -Member-
  • War AP
1 GB RAM $20
« on: September 23, 2008, 10:43:46 pm »
Best Deal Ever.

I was bumping around the local refurb computer store.  Decent looking deals, nothing special.  Well, I've been bumping around the internet on 750MB of RAM forever, so I've kept my eyes open for more RAM inexpensively.  I was expecting them to say "1GB RAM: $79.  No soup for you!"

I got to the front of the line and said PC2100 RAM.  He laughed in my face and said 128MB - Wait!  Whoa, we've got a GB RAM."  Heh.  Serves the dude right for being so smarmy.  "So what's the price?"

Twenty dollars!

Yeah, yeah, it's refurbed, but where are you going to get a Gig of RAM for $20 anywhere.  Of course, I grabbed it, and went from 3/4 Gig of RAM to 1.5GB.  And trust me, ye of 4GB users, I can tell a big difference.

Props to me for the deal of the day!

Milk in da D

• -Nutter-
Re: 1 GB RAM $20
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 11:11:41 pm »
Deal of the day in 2004..

No wonder you rock linux

Michigan WolverinesDetroit TigersDetroit PistonsNew England PatriotsDetroit Red Wings

Saxon in Nashville

• -Member-
  • War AP
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 11:33:50 pm »
Yeah, I know you have 3 GB, milk.  But since you run the biggest virus ERRRRRRRR Operating system ever, you have to.

War Lightweight functionality.

Milk in da D

• -Nutter-
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 11:38:18 pm »
Yeah, I know you have 3 GB, milk.  But since you run the biggest virus ERRRRRRRR Operating system ever, you have to.

War Lightweight functionality.

You're an idiot. I have no virus and my shit is tight. Everyone here has MS and while it might have problems, most people can check email and come here with no problems....

Whats your next thread?.... "i sold my 14.4 for a 28.8 and got 5 floppy disk for free"

Michigan WolverinesDetroit TigersDetroit PistonsNew England PatriotsDetroit Red Wings

Saxon in Nashville

• -Member-
  • War AP
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 11:43:01 pm »
You have no Virus?  Do this, look up Windows Vista.  The thing was practically engineered to slow down you computer, take information without your consent, and shut your system down randomly.  What is not malware about that? 

While you're at it, why not go, "People who don't have cable are losers?"  I know you keeps a private jet, and that your wedding cost more than most people's houses, but some of us have to make do on five year old computers because we don't have the six-figure job you so.  I found what I thought to be a great deal.  And just because I have an external Zip drive and a 1gb ipod Shuffle, doesn't mean you have to look down your nose at the plebian I must truly be.

If you dont have cable/sat, you are a looser.

I dont keep a private jet, and my wedding cost the same as most people

Six figure job? Unlike you, i dont make a guarteed $10/hr. I have to work for ever dollar i make. It keeps me up at night and gets me out of bed in the morning.

Do you really have a zip drive?? ughhhhhhhhhhhh..... You sure like to make us conservatives look like we live in 1987
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 11:50:11 pm by Milk in da D »

johninpwest

• Inglorious Bastard
  • -Nutter-
  • Run me, and I will be more powerful than you think
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 12:45:05 pm »
I think I have a zip drive somewhere in my garage.  In all seriousness, it would probably be good to have something to store on that doesn't require you to burn 4.7 GB or feel like you've wasted space.
Colorado St. RamsColorado RockiesDenver NuggetsDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
"...Granting an exemption from social security taxes to an employer operates to impose the employer's religious faith on the employees" US vs Lee (1982)

Saxon in Nashville

• -Member-
  • War AP
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 02:30:55 pm »
what did you do to my thread?  You're some sort of technogeek, but you can't mod a thread right?

johninpwest

• Inglorious Bastard
  • -Nutter-
  • Run me, and I will be more powerful than you think
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 03:07:19 pm »
what did you do to my thread?  You're some sort of technogeek, but you can't mod a thread right?

Blame the Skol.  That was just a random thought.
Colorado St. RamsColorado RockiesDenver NuggetsDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
"...Granting an exemption from social security taxes to an employer operates to impose the employer's religious faith on the employees" US vs Lee (1982)

Saxon in Nashville

• -Member-
  • War AP
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 05:34:55 pm »

I was talking to cottage cheese in murder city.  He hit modify when he meant to do reply.  His marriage has made him stupid.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 05:36:53 pm by Saxon in Nashville »

Brad in Waco

• -Member-
  • Official custodian of V.I. Lenin's preserved grill
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 03:50:42 pm »
you can get a new 1GB stick of PC2100 from newegg for around 25 bucks. You can get 4GB of good PC2 8000 for around 70 bucks.