The Stupidest Question Ever Asked in the History of This Site

Author Topic: The Stupidest Question Ever Asked in the History of This Site  (Read 758 times)

GGT

• Greg From Michigan and BACK in the Hell that is Omaha Nebraska
  • -Member-
  • # of Tards Greg Has No Use For---10 as of 1/27/10
The Stupidest Question Ever Asked in the History of This Site
« on: February 09, 2009, 12:06:14 pm »
I just stepped up to the Flat Screen HD TV standard.  I want to stream 6 Nations Rugby to my T.V.  I have a question:

Is it just based on the T.V. as a reciever to play the signal through the USB cable?  Or do I need a special video card in my machine to drive it?  I want to know before I go out and spend cash on a decent long ass USB cable.

Thanks...And I will hang up and listen...

:popcorn
No Helmet....No Pads.....Just Balls!!!!!!

Milk in da D

• -Nutter-
Re: The Stupidest Question Ever Asked in the History of This Site
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 02:10:54 pm »
You have a few options....Do you want to stream a internet event to your TV? Im just a bit confused on what 6 nations rugby is and what you want to do

Also, i dont think a USB cord will work

Michigan WolverinesDetroit TigersDetroit PistonsNew England PatriotsDetroit Red Wings

GGT

• Greg From Michigan and BACK in the Hell that is Omaha Nebraska
  • -Member-
  • # of Tards Greg Has No Use For---10 as of 1/27/10
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 02:22:45 pm »
That is what I want.  There is a Rugby event on Setana Sports I want to show on my big screen. 

I have a USB connection on my T.V. and was curious if I can use that to stream programs from my computer to my T.V.
No Helmet....No Pads.....Just Balls!!!!!!

Milk in da D

• -Nutter-
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 02:24:32 pm »
That is what I want.  There is a Rugby event on Setana Sports I want to show on my big screen. 

I have a USB connection on my T.V. and was curious if I can use that to stream programs from my computer to my T.V.

No you cant do that. Ill get back to you in a couple hours on this...im in the middle of something

Michigan WolverinesDetroit TigersDetroit PistonsNew England PatriotsDetroit Red Wings

Mike in Parma

• Glory, Glory
  • -Nutter-
  • Tottenham Hotspur
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 08:20:19 pm »

If you could do it, I'm almost positive the quality would suck balls as it would be so pixelated to even really see what's going on.  I watched England v Italy the other day and it was pretty sweet.  National Rugby is intense as fvck.  Still like watching the Tri-Nations between Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa.  Those matches are $$$$.
Notre Dame Fighting IrishCleveland IndiansCleveland Browns
 Saluki_Love   "It's good to be loved. Especially anally."

Macka

• -Nutter-
  • This is important stuff we're doing here.
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 09:27:08 pm »
Your best option is to try and match up a video out option to a plug on your TV.

for example, VGA, DVI or Svideo.

Look at your video card and then see what your TV has.  Many newer TV's have VGA ports.
"The only thing jarring is the Macka's dickhead attitude."