The Bryan Danielson show reaction

Author Topic: The Bryan Danielson show reaction  (Read 1376 times)

Artificial Clone

• -Nutter-
    • @ACinthe715
The Bryan Danielson show reaction
« on: February 24, 2010, 07:03:29 am »
WWE couldn't make it more obvious that NXT was going to be AmDrag's show. If he wasn't in the ring, they were talking about him and even though Michael Cole tried to take a shit on him every chance he had, Daniel got over big time thanks to Miz and Jericho

As for the others, David Otungra has a good look, has charisma, a ready made gimmick. Just have to see more of his wrestling.

Heath Slater.....yeah there's a reason this guy has been in development for a long time.

Darren Young. Already has an angle with the SxS that could go well

Michael Tarver. Guy looks like he's ready and could get over with knocking guys out.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 04:20:00 pm by Artificial Clone »
Wisconsin BadgersGreen Bay Packers

Saxon in Nashville

• Looney Left: that's all for the US, folks!
  • -Member-
  • War AP
Re: The Daniel Bryan show reaction
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 09:41:22 am »
If they can develop AmDrag into a viable character, he could literally take the torch from Cena (you don't have to like it, but the promotion revolves around him), and run with it for five years.

biomechanical

• -Member-
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 10:00:01 am »
WWE couldn't make it more obvious that NXT was going to be AmDrag's show. If he wasn't in the ring, they were talking about him and even though Michael Cole tried to take a shit on him every chance he had, Daniel got over big time thanks to Miz and Jericho

As for the others, David Otungra has a good look, has charisma, a ready made gimmick. Just have to see more of his wrestling.

Heath Slater.....yeah there's a reason this guy has been in development for a long time.

Darren Young. Already has an angle with the SxS that could go well

Michael Tarver. Guy looks like he's ready and could get over with knocking guys out.

I had several "WTF am I watching?" moments during the show. The whole thing is a little awkward, but fairly entertaining nonetheless. Overall, I agree with your takes...Heath Slater is a tool. He needs to dial it down a little.

Agree on Otunga. He looked a little sloppy in the ring, though.

Tarver looked good as well.

wireman

• -Nutter-
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 12:00:09 pm »
watched a tad bit of this, not much and liked what i saw
I may be drunk Miss but, in the morning I'll be sober & you'll still be ugly. W. Churchill

biomechanical

• -Member-
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 12:01:18 pm »
Otunga really looks like he's moving in slow motion in the ring, doesn't he?

Artificial Clone

• -Nutter-
    • @ACinthe715
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 01:05:16 pm »
at least he's not Roids Skepfield

so far the guys that look like are going to be heading to the main rosters are Bryan, Barrett, Gabriel and Otunga

Saxon in Nashville

• Looney Left: that's all for the US, folks!
  • -Member-
  • War AP
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 08:33:09 pm »
I watched part of episode three on Hulu (all three episodes, as well as the entire season eventually, are or will be on Hulu).  And they just talk way too much.

Not only are they building Daniel Bryan up a lot, they are clearly setting up a show down between him and the Miz.  Pure Genius.

Knowing how smooth a wrestler he really is, I wonder how hard it is for him to have to act like a rookie...

Artificial Clone

• -Nutter-
    • @ACinthe715
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 06:56:10 am »
I watched part of episode three on Hulu (all three episodes, as well as the entire season eventually, are or will be on Hulu).  And they just talk way too much.

Not only are they building Daniel Bryan up a lot, they are clearly setting up a show down between him and the Miz.  Pure Genius.

Knowing how smooth a wrestler he really is, I wonder how hard it is for him to have to act like a rookie...

I'm thinking after the first votes are cast, either Tarver or Young will be gone, maybe the first two will be them and in the third vote, Bryan will be eliminated to the shock of the pros. The next few weeks go by and its revealed Miz, Striker and Cole rigged the voting, Bryan comes back but Miz still tells him he's eliminated. Bryan says if its his last show he wants the Miz 1 on 1 and in Miz's arrogance puts the US title on the line. Miz goes for Skull Crushing Finale but Bryan counters it into Cattle Mutalation and wins the US title making him a permanent fixture on Raw so the eventual "winner" (Justin Gabriel) will go to Smackdown.

biomechanical

• -Member-
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 12:08:49 pm »
I thought Tarver might've had a good shtick, but he looks pretty crappy in the ring. Slater has the look, but sounds like an illiterate hick (also, his hair-shaking thing is teh ghey). Steroid Sheffield has comedic value (and is surprisingly nimble in the ring). The crowds don't seem to care about Young's lame party hard image, and his hair makes him look like a gigantic douchebag. I'm waiting for him to shave his head and join the SES....

Otunga has the makings of a good gimmick, but I'm already getting tired of his act (not to mention, his ring skills are awful and he still moves as quickly as a tree sloth). Daniel Bryan continues to look good. Gabriel looks pretty good as well. I dig Barrett as a classic European heel, and Chris Jericho's antics during his matches are funny. Jericho cracked himself up yelling at Cole the other night.

I still have no real clue as to how the voting is supposed to work. My guess is the entire show is a work anyway.

Artificial Clone

• -Nutter-
    • @ACinthe715
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 08:23:31 am »
I'm digging that Jericho is breaking out the Liontamer on the show.

But yeah, Bryan, Gabriel and Barrett seem like sure things.

David Otunga is just another guy who's famous for something else, has charisma but has no wrestling skill at all. He's this generations Steve McMicahel

biomechanical

• -Member-
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 12:02:28 pm »
Anybody catch Daniel Bryan implying that Otunga couldn't wrestle the other night? I lol'ed. Also, Jericho was gold doing commentary during the 8-man tag team match.

The "Pros poll" that they revealed on the show seems about right. That douchenozzle Otunga is hosting Raw this coming Monday. :|

Artificial Clone

• -Nutter-
    • @ACinthe715
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 07:01:09 pm »
I'm keeping that episode solely based on Jericho's commentary. That was freakin hilarious. Plus the 8 man tag was good.

"Look at Wade Barrett dominating the ring apron"  :lol

blueblazer

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 01:05:54 am »
All I wanna see is Undertaker get his belt back!

Artificial Clone

• -Nutter-
    • @ACinthe715
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 04:19:34 pm »
Danielson bitch slapping Michael Cole  :lol

Barret looks like he's going to win the show

David Otunga is a great heel, just needs to work on his wrestling skills

Heath Slater is a douche tool

Justin Gabriel could make it as a tag team with Evan Bourne

Roid Sheffield could become Ted Jr's enforcer/bodyguard/problem solver

Michael Tarver could become Ted Jr's Virgil

Danielson is bound to be main eventing by the next 2 years.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 04:23:03 pm by Artificial Clone »

biomechanical

• -Member-
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 10:07:54 am »
Danielson's "shoot" on the WWE and Cole was good. I like that guy.

Otunga is a knob and can barely wrestle. Hate that douchenozzle.

Heath Slater is also a douche, with an annoying hillbilly accent, but he's growing on me.

Justin Gabriel may be a one-trick pony, but I still like him.

Tarver has no personality. I can't fast forward on my DVR quickly enough when he's on screen.

Skip Sheroid, eh I can take or leave him. I like him more as a pissed-off monster type guy than a goofy, slightly retarded redneck. Herp a derp, what it do, yup yup.

I've liked Barrett since the beginning and I think he's going to win. Where's his entrance music?  ???