Chris Jericho retired from wrestling?!?

Author Topic: Chris Jericho retired from wrestling?!?  (Read 1871 times)

natashainvancouver

• #4 in a Five Car Train
  • -Member-
  • Drunken phone calls are my forte
Chris Jericho retired from wrestling?!?
« on: April 05, 2006, 12:09:03 am »
source: http://winnipegsun.com/News/Manitoba/2006/04/01/1514990-sun.html

The wrestler who made Winnipeg famous wants to be the top heavyweight at the Manitoba Legislature.

Chris Jericho, who was the first undisputed champion of the World Wrestling Federation, has retired from the squared circle and now he's looking for a new title in the political ring.

The Sun has learned Jericho is returning to his hometown of Winnipeg to run for the provincial Tory leadership and eventually take a run at becoming Manitoba's next premier.

"I saw the impact that Jesse (The Body) Ventura made when he became governor of Minnesota and I know that I can do the same for Manitobans," Jericho said yesterday from his home in Tampa, Fla., which he has put up for sale.

Jericho said he spoke extensively with Ventura before making his decision, adding he was extremely supportive.

"Jesse told me going into politics after wrestling was the best move he ever made. I don't want to look back 20 years from now with regrets that I never threw my hat in the ring.

PARTY TO MAKE EXCEPTION

"I've been following the Tory leadership run in the Sun online. I've been looking for a reason to return to Winnipeg with my family and I've always had a political career in the back of my mind," he said, noting he first became interested in politics while doing assignments at the Leg when he was a journalism student at Red River College.

PC Party officials had closed the nomination for their leadership on March 15 but are going to make an exception for Jericho's late entry, likely realizing his celebrity status could bring a huge boost to an otherwise lacklustre list of candidates.

A membership freeze originally scheduled to take effect at 5 p.m. yesterday has been extended until April 14 to accommodate Jericho, party officials confirmed. The leadership convention is still scheduled for April 29.

MLAs Ron Schuler and Hugh McFadyen, as well as former Neepawa mayor Ken Waddell, are also in the race.

Premier Gary Doer said there's no doubt Jericho is a star candidate who'll likely stomp all over the other leadership hopefuls.

"It's pretty clear Chris Jericho will lay the smackdown on Schuler, put McFadyen in a strangle hold and toss Waddell right out of the ring," said Doer. "But the real question is, can he put the puck in the net?"

-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  :'(

NJ in Mercedtucky

• -Member-
Re: Chris Jericho retired from wrestling?!?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 12:15:31 am »
WELCOME TO JERRICHO.....IS.....RETIRRRED!!!!!

Artificial Clone

• -Nutter-
    • @ACinthe715
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 07:33:34 am »
Y2J will go down as one of the best wrestlers of all time.  Probably did the best promos and skits ever in wrestling.

WAR Raw is Jericho
Wisconsin BadgersGreen Bay Packers

natashainvancouver

• #4 in a Five Car Train
  • -Member-
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 08:50:51 am »
Y2J will go down as one of the best wrestlers of all time.  Probably did the best promos and skits ever in wrestling.

WAR Raw is Jericho

If only the WWE didn't screw up Jericho's initial feud in the WWE...seriously, he comes out to interrupt the Rock's promo which led to one of the greatest promos of all time & then what does the WWE decide to do? Have Y2J feud with ROAD DOGG?!? That & the match where Jericho beat HHH for the belt during an opening match of raw, but then had that decision overturned still bug me to this day

yes, i know, i take wrestling a bit too seriously sometimes  :blush

Bagels

• Don Postwhoreleone
  • Mod
  • How u durrrrin?
    • Mikeinthaville
    • @mikeybagels1
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 08:55:28 am »
That & the match where Jericho beat HHH for the belt during an opening match of raw, but then had that decision overturned still bug me to this day
I forgot about that, and am subsequently pissed about it again.  hhh in the ring telling hebner to say it never happened, and he did.  That was one of my angrier rasslin moments.  The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat all in one.

That being said,  WWE has sucked without Y2J. 
Auburn TigersAtlanta BravesMemphis GrizzliesTennessee TitansNashville Predators
Used to be we were all fvcking post whores.  Didn't matter what the topic was, we whored the fvck out of it.

Sev in Ottawa

• Sexecutioner
  • -Member-
  • Don Postwhoreleones caporegime
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 06:46:29 pm »
There will never   EVER  be a better candidate.

TheOriginalDonald

• -Member-
  • Boola boola
    • TheOriginalDonald
    • DOriginalDonald
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 06:53:46 pm »
Is this real, or like the Randy made a pass at StePHONY rumor, it's an April Fool's joke?

The Original Donald
WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN
Connecticut HuskiesNew York MetsBoston CelticsDallas CowboysNew York Rangers
One-time Jody MacDaddy Daddy Mac Tweet Of The Week winner

NJ in Mercedtucky

• -Member-
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 06:59:33 pm »
If only the WWE didn't screw up Jericho's initial feud in the WWE...seriously, he comes out to interrupt the Rock's promo which led to one of the greatest promos of all time

Racked. 

That was a fantastic segment.  Top 10, if not top 5, of all time on RAW

The birth of Y2J, Raw is Jericho and I if I remember correctly wasn't that the first time Rock used "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS"?

Bagels

• Don Postwhoreleone
  • Mod
  • How u durrrrin?
    • Mikeinthaville
    • @mikeybagels1
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 07:36:10 pm »
If only the WWE didn't screw up Jericho's initial feud in the WWE...seriously, he comes out to interrupt the Rock's promo which led to one of the greatest promos of all time

Racked. 

That was a fantastic segment.  Top 10, if not top 5, of all time on RAW

The birth of Y2J, Raw is Jericho and I if I remember correctly wasn't that the first time Rock used "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS"?
You would be correct.
(And dont worry about that info, this aint the neckcar forum.  Mike knows his rasslin.   
Auburn TigersAtlanta BravesMemphis GrizzliesTennessee TitansNashville Predators
Used to be we were all fvcking post whores.  Didn't matter what the topic was, we whored the fvck out of it.

NJ in Mercedtucky

• -Member-
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 07:38:20 pm »
(And dont worry about that info, this aint the neckcar forum.  Mike knows his rasslin.   

Don't worry, Mike, I know it's correct.  I said it first  :lol

natashainvancouver

• #4 in a Five Car Train
  • -Member-
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 11:42:58 pm »

and then the Rock asked Jericho what's so special about him when just last week he was on nitro fighting some dude named Juventud! HAHAHAA!! Just the way the Rock pronounces "Juventud" is hilarious!!

NJ in Mercedtucky

• -Member-
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 12:38:50 am »
and then the Rock asked Jericho what's so special about him when just last week he was on nitro fighting some dude named Juventud! HAHAHAA!! Just the way the Rock pronounces "Juventud" is hilarious!!

Jew-ventude.

Is he related to Jew-Lo?

Navigator in Toronto

• -Member-
  • The Beloved's biggest fan and lover...
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 09:14:00 pm »
As the resident Politican on stucknut, here is my take:

1) Will Jericho run with his real name or is Chris Jericho his real name already...

2) Will Jericho start mispronouncing his rivals names like Premier Gary Do-nothing or Prime Minister Stephen Hartless?

3) As a Conservative myself, will the rank and file Manitoba PC Members be willing to accept a Professional Wrester as a leadership candidate?

4) Instead of Political Town Hall Meeting, will Jericho have the Human Highlight Reel and the Jeritron 5000 to point out his opponents faults?

5) If Jericho is elected Leader of the Manitoba PCs, will their campagin slogan be "Manitoba is Jericho"

6) To make a point, will he put his political colleagues in the "Walls of Jericho" to see if they are Cabinet material...

WAR the Manitoba Tories doing the right thing...
WAR the Alberta Tories getting Bret Hart to be their next Premier!
 The lady in the red and white nighty holding the white teddybear, that's The Beloved.  Yeah RT, she replaced you...