Question for Cubs fan

Author Topic: Question for Cubs fan  (Read 1603 times)

Mike T.

• Havlicek stole my balls!
  • -Nutter-
Question for Cubs fan
« on: July 20, 2005, 09:52:09 am »
Cubs fan, react to me!

WHo is Jason Dubois??? We just gave you Jody Gerut, the 2003 Sporting News rookie of the year, for a guy probably most of Cleveland has never heard of. (not like many of you have probably heard of Gerut)

Who is Jason Dubois? All they keep saying is that he's a right handed power hitter. (So was Shane Spencer ALLEGEDLY  :uhh)

REACT
Ray in So.Cal <----- too far above Mike T intellectually to bother with him  Geo in Indy - I'm an underwriter mike I don't stoop to agent level like you

Mark in Kansakhstan

• The Fire Support Officer of the nut.
  • -Member-
  • Jeff Samardzija sucks horse cacks
Re: Question for Cubs fan
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 10:38:38 am »
Mike T.,

They are right.? Dubois is a very good power hitter.? This is mitigated by the fact that he strikes out too much, takes too few walks (an affliction that seems to run rampant in the Cubs' clubhouse), and bad baserunning decsions.?

We give up power in return for Gerut's on-base skills.? Perusing their stats, it would appear to be close to a wash here.

Gerut is a solid defensive player.? You gave that up for.....ummmm..... a guy with a significantly less ghey-sounding name.

From an age persective, Dubois is a year and half younger than Gerut, and he has a year and a half more experiance in the majors.? He has the clear advantage there.

Once again, on paper its a wash, but the Cubbies really need solid defense in the outfield.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 10:44:54 am by Mark in Necklahoma »

Mike T.

• Havlicek stole my balls!
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 10:50:48 am »
Dog, you may be correct in your thinking that the Cubs have been screwed. Gerut seemed like the answer to our outfieild problems a few years ago. He came on in 2003 like a flash of lighting. Played only 127 games and hit 22 homers, with a .279 average. Like I said, Sporting News voted him rookie of the year. But since then, he's been close to awful. Last year he sucked ass (played in 7 more games and hit half as many homers, with a lower BA) This year, he has been recovering from a torn ACL, which might be why he has not been very good yet. His confidence may have also taken a hit last year when the Indians starting playing Grady Sizemore more often, but if Gerut can get healthy, you guys have a pretty decent outfielder who can hit with some power and average.
Ray in So.Cal <----- too far above Mike T intellectually to bother with him  Geo in Indy - I'm an underwriter mike I don't stoop to agent level like you

Mark in Kansakhstan

• The Fire Support Officer of the nut.
  • -Member-
  • Jeff Samardzija sucks horse cacks
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 10:58:01 am »
Dog is probably correct here, tho I have to maintain some degree of optimism.? I want to say this is a good trade for the Cubs, but History is not on our side when it comes to making smart decsions about developing players.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 11:03:42 am by Mark in Necklahoma »

TheOriginalDonald

• -Member-
  • Boola boola
    • TheOriginalDonald
    • DOriginalDonald
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 08:17:54 am »
Better yet, why not go to TheCubsFan.com and ask him there?

Connecticut HuskiesNew York MetsBoston CelticsDallas CowboysNew York Rangers
One-time Jody MacDaddy Daddy Mac Tweet Of The Week winner