Author Topic: Free Agent Frenzy 2014 version  (Read 1918 times)

wireman

• -Nutter-
Free Agent Frenzy 2014 version
« on: June 24, 2014, 10:51:56 am »
Unlike the King of all sports (NFL) free agency in the NBA doesn't garner a lot of attention but.... when King James and Melo are involved it can get interesting.

Carmelo has opted out of his contract w/the Knicks. Of course the Knicks can pay him the most but, they won't be able to surround him w/much talent than what they already have until after the 14-15 season.

Top suitors:
Chicago - he would immediately give them the offense they desperately need but, will he play defense the way Thibodeaux wants him to.

Knicks-as stated above will he wait for the pieces to be added....

Houston- Melo, Harden & D12 whoa! Points in bunches but, this team would not make it out of the Western Conference and the reason why; DEFENSE. They already have a liability in Harden and now adding Melo oh boy.

Miami-this is a longshot

King James opted out today and of course this is what Miami had hoped for.  What the Spurs did to them in the Finals showed that they need help and the only way for this to happen was for the Big 3 to opt out and help the franchise.

Top suitors:
Miami him leaving would surely rock the NBA but, he knows this team is his best bet to continue going to the ECF's & Finals.  Pat Riley (acting like Pimp @ that presser) knows what he's doing; he's already got Trevor Ariza on speed dial

Cleefland LBJ's wife posted the instagram pic and ppl went nuts.  Pipe down, they vacation (ask Joakim Noah  :lol) in Ohio in the offseason and their 3rd child (a little girl) will be born soon.  If he went back the Cavs instantly become an EC favorite. LBJ/Kyrie Irving/Dion Waiters and #1 draft pick.  However, Dan Gilbert went nuclear on the bridge and LBJ going back is highly unlikely.

Houston Harden/D12/LBJ! Much like the Melo scenario this team would score like nobodies business. LBJ would have D12 averaging a double-double w/ease and Harden could easily score in the high 20's on a nightly basis.  Unlike Melo The King plays defense and if defenders got by him D12 is back there to protect the rim.

North Carolina Tar HeelsOakland AthleticsSacramento KingsOakland RaidersCarolina Hurricanes
I may be drunk Miss but, in the morning I'll be sober & you'll still be ugly. W. Churchill

Jeremy in Richmond

• Fagithare
  • -Nutter-
  • Formerly Steve's Boo
Re: Free Agent Frenzy 2014 version
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 07:42:25 pm »
fvck Mello.

Jeff in MD

• the M.D. is in the house
  • -Nutter-
  • 2012 Stucknut NFL Pool Champion
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 08:29:11 pm »
I could see both Lebron and Melo end up in Chicago to play with Rose (if he's healthy) and create another Big 3. The Bulls supposedly have a ton of room under the cap and what better way for Lebron to take his career to the next level than to try to one-up MJ's legacy in Chicago.

I don't see him going out West simply because it's much easier to get to the Finals in the East right now.
Maryland TerrapinsWashington NationalsWashington WizardsWashington RedskinsWashington Capitals

Jeremy in Richmond

• Fagithare
  • -Nutter-
  • Formerly Steve's Boo
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 08:40:09 pm »
fvck Mello

wireman

• -Nutter-
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 10:00:54 am »
I could see both Lebron and Melo end up in Chicago to play with Rose (if he's healthy) and create another Big 3. The Bulls supposedly have a ton of room under the cap and what better way for Lebron to take his career to the next level than to try to one-up MJ's legacy in Chicago.

I don't see him going out West simply because it's much easier to get to the Finals in the East right now.

I thought about both LBJ and Melo in Chitown but, they would prolly need to let go some pieces (Gibson/Snell) who Thibodeaux likes for defensive reasons.  but, LBJ & Melo only come around once...
North Carolina Tar HeelsOakland AthleticsSacramento KingsOakland RaidersCarolina Hurricanes
I may be drunk Miss but, in the morning I'll be sober & you'll still be ugly. W. Churchill

Club America

• I'm Misery Company
  • -Tards-
  • Things get damaged, things get broken.
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 10:28:38 am »
sounds like Lekwit is looking hard at Chicago :lol
Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
fvck off

Jeremy in Richmond

• Fagithare
  • -Nutter-
  • Formerly Steve's Boo
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 05:42:34 pm »
fvck Mello

Steve in GR

• No Fly Zone
  • -Nutter-
  • Go Green!
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 10:03:57 pm »
Go Pistons!
Michigan St. SpartansDetroit TigersOklahoma City ThunderDetroit Lions
I'm still going to say Mich over Nebraska and Wisky over MSU. Wisky wins the final.

Jeremy in Richmond

• Fagithare
  • -Nutter-
  • Formerly Steve's Boo
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 08:18:49 pm »
fvck Mello

Moodell

• International Brotherhood of Geniuses Local 163
  • -Nutter-
  • "Life is too serious to be taken seriously."
Ohio St. BuckeyesCleveland IndiansCleveland CavaliersIndianapolis ColtsColumbus Blue Jackets
Progressives gnaw away at the pillars of our society as if they were  termites chewing on wood.

Moodell

• International Brotherhood of Geniuses Local 163
  • -Nutter-
  • "Life is too serious to be taken seriously."
Ohio St. BuckeyesCleveland IndiansCleveland CavaliersIndianapolis ColtsColumbus Blue Jackets
Progressives gnaw away at the pillars of our society as if they were  termites chewing on wood.

Jeff in MD

• the M.D. is in the house
  • -Nutter-
  • 2012 Stucknut NFL Pool Champion
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 06:13:15 pm »
Yeah Lebron would come back after this happened........ :lol

Maryland TerrapinsWashington NationalsWashington WizardsWashington RedskinsWashington Capitals

BNI

• Tard Whisperer
  • -Nutter-
  • Vagina Enthusiast
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2014, 06:32:51 pm »
Duke Blue DevilsAtlanta BravesCharlotte HornetsWashington RedskinsCarolina Hurricanes
BNI you're probably the worst person I've ever talked to in my life.

Spanky

• -Security-
  • Has 2008 racks more than this
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2014, 06:29:54 am »
I'm really hoping that LeBron is just fvcking with Cleveland in order to rip their hearts out all over again.
Nebraska CornhuskersNew York YankeesNew York JetsMontreal Canadiens

wireman

• -Nutter-
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2014, 09:35:50 am »

:lol Ohio  LeTrader :lol
I hope that's a d00d dressed in drag cause if its a lady...