Author Topic: NFL's best fans  (Read 415 times)

Fomunda Cheesehead

• White Trash Biker Scumbag
  • -Nutter-
  • Loud Pipes Save Lives
NFL's best fans
« on: August 22, 2014, 10:06:44 am »
Who knew Russ was a closet Packers fan and has a Packer Bus for tailgating. He's in this video as well as Aaron Rodgers parents.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11386641/study-says-green-bay-packers-nfl-best-fans

"TitleTown USA" has yet another championship to add to its resume as Forbes magazine has declared that the Green Bay Packers have the "Best Fans in the NFL."

How rabid are Packers fans? Dare you ask?
They Back Their Pack
According to criteria compiled by Forbes magazine, the Green Bay Packers have the NFL's best fans. Their top 10:

1. Green Bay Packers
2. Denver Broncos
3. New Orleans Saints
4. New England Patriots
5. Baltimore Ravens
6. Indianapolis Colts
T-7. Dallas Cowboys
T-7. Pittsburgh Steelers
9. Seattle Seahawks
10. Chicago Bears
Source: Forbes rankings: Best NFL Fans
According to research by Nielsen Scarborough, only 16 percent of adults living in Green Bay, Wisconsin, are NOT fans of the team. That means everybody else in the metro area has either watched, attended and/or listened to the Packers' games in the past year.

Fan bases of the Denver Broncos, New Orleans Saints, New England Patriots and Baltimore Ravens round out the magazine's list of the top five.

The Forbes rankings were based on the hometown crowd reach, social media reach based on the area's population and three years' worth of Nielsen television ratings, stadium capacity percentage and merchandise sales via NFLShop.com.

Green Bay is the NFL's smallest market with a metro population of 306,241, which is easily surpassed by the Packers' backers on both Facebook (4.4 million) and Twitter (701,000).

And, of course, it doesn't hurt that the Packers are the only game in town and have an NFL-record 13 championships to their credit.

The study said Packers fans scored the highest marks in every category except for TV rankings (second) and merchandise (seventh).

Six other teams in the study -- the Dallas Cowboys (tied seventh overall), Broncos, Indianapolis Colts (sixth), Patriots, Saints and Pittsburgh Steelers (tied, seventh) -- also had social media numbers that were larger than their local fan base populations.
Wisconsin BadgersMilwaukee BrewersGreen Bay PackersBoston Bruins
Motorcycle Clubs are not Street Gangs ~ Support your local Motorcycle Rights Organization

toptenguy

• -Member-
Re: NFL's best fans
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 12:02:38 pm »
All teams that have had good to great success in the past decade (Except Dallas of course, lulz).   Of course fans of winning teams will be seen as great fans.   

I'd put Buffalo near the top, specifically because they are still sticking with them after over a decade of playoff'less football.

Learjet89

• -Nutter-
  • -Fact Checker-
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 12:46:32 pm »
The Saints?   :lol PUH-lease.  Any team with one of these is automatically excluded from this list

Xavier MusketeersCincinnati RedsCincinnati Bengals

J - Dog

• -Member-
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 08:03:55 pm »
The Seahawks should be around 4rd or 5th.
12th man, loud and obnoxious as hell. But I see mild mannered old ladies who have Seahawk T-shirts and flags in their yard.

Just the other day I saw some dude at the gas station with a pimped out Polaris utility vehicle (on a trailer bed) with a Seahawks helmet over its grill, all painted in Seahawk colors and shit. Had #12 painted on the side doors. It even had "Beast Mode" license plate and when I complimented dude for having a cool ride, he even showed me where Marshawn Lynch signed it with a sharpie. Wish I would have had a camera with me. It was pimp.   

Seattle is a Huge market, and there aren't any other football teams within a couple hours plane ride, so you have a pretty large regional fan base  that extends to Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and even BC Canada.
(Although there are alot of Faggot 49'ers fans around because of the Joe Montana Years when Seattle was bad... Good rivalry with those ass-clowns  :lol)

I agree with the Cheeseheads as #1 - but no way Bronco Honk is number #2 fan. They are not harder or more loyal than Seahawk fan.
Cowboys and Steelers have fans all around the country. Alot of Bandwagoners mixed in.

Meh, everyone claims their fans are best, but reality is Seahawks should be in the top 5.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 08:13:51 pm by J - Dog »
Washington St. CougarsSeattle MarinersPortland Trail BlazersSeattle Seahawks

stanleycupsabres

• Buffalo, New York is the real Hockeytown, U.S.A.
  • -Member-
  • -Nutter- -Admin- -Mod- -Security-
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 11:41:07 am »
Ironically, the Buffalo Bills have the best fans in the league. The Buffalo Bills haven't made the playoffs since 1999 and haven't had a winning record since 2004 and their fans still sell out Ralph C. Wilson, Jr Stadium on Sundays when it ain't blizzarding out.
Southern California TrojansNew York YankeesCleveland CavaliersOakland RaidersPhiladelphia Flyers
"At my firm, we may be whores, but we ain't pimps." - Ari Gold

Justin NoCal

• Dickpuss Penegor, PhD.
  • -Nutter-
  • leave the gun, take the cannolis
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 11:44:45 am »
Ironically, the Buffalo Bills have the best fans in the league. The Buffalo Bills haven't made the playoffs since 1999 and haven't had a winning record since 2004 and their fans still sell out Ralph C. Wilson, Jr Stadium on Sundays when it ain't blizzarding out.

Unlike the Raiders who also never win shit but can't manage to sell out? :lol
California Golden BearsSan Francisco GiantsSacramento KingsWashington Redskins
Elevate, excavate, eliminate.

stanleycupsabres

• Buffalo, New York is the real Hockeytown, U.S.A.
  • -Member-
  • -Nutter- -Admin- -Mod- -Security-
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 11:46:18 am »
Our time will come. Supposedly Derek Carr is the second coming of Todd Marinovich.
Southern California TrojansNew York YankeesCleveland CavaliersOakland RaidersPhiladelphia Flyers
"At my firm, we may be whores, but we ain't pimps." - Ari Gold