Author Topic: Raiders 2014 thread of hope....  (Read 2300 times)

wireman

• -Nutter-
Raiders 2014 thread of hope....
« on: September 02, 2014, 03:55:14 pm »
11 long years of heartbreak and being afterthoughts.  while they probably won't make the playoffs this year; the light at the end of the tunnel is closer than it has been.

Front Office-Owner Mark Davis didn't panic and fire Coach Dennis Allen after last season. He at least is unlike his late father in that regard.  However, he visited San Antonio and has reportedly purchased land somewhere near L.A.. Of course speculating that the Raiders could move for a third time. 
Reggie McKenzie-GM This guy w/out a doubt has had the worst job in football over the last two seasons. He's had to cut the fat and basically hope and pray that guys wanted to play because the salary cap had been so jacked up w/crazy contracts that Al made.  This past free agency signing though started with the Raiders actually having just over $63 mil to spend. While he's been good on that end the jury is still out on his drafting abilities. 

QBMatt "Pick6" Schaub was signed and brought in as a bridge for Derek Carr who was drafted #36.  But, due to some "elbow"  :uhh issues Carr has been inserted as the starter. 

RB It was widely reported during FA that DMAC was going to leave but, only a couple of teams showed interest but, were not willing to pay him more than what he wanted (being injury prone), so he stayed w/the Silver and Black.  Maurice Jones-Drew signed in the off season and this will certainly help the run game.  He's not the MJD of 2-3 years ago but, he's still has something left in the tank.

WR Other than James Jones (formerly of GB) the wr corps didn't do anything special. Many in RaiderNation was clamoring for DeSean Jackson to come but, he of course signed w/the Redskins.  Rod Streater has been impressing during training camp and may end up being the #1 receiver.

TE Young guys trying to get their footing.  Mychal Rivera gets the start

O-Line Justin Veldheer was supposed to be the future and anchor but, he signed w/the Cardinals during free agency (there was a lot of he said/he said between McKenzie and Veldheer regarding him not signing w/the Raiders). The 4 new starters (LT D.Penn/L.Guard K.Boothe R.Guard A.Howard and RT M.Watson) but, more importantly they have depth; something that had been lacking in previous years.  This unit is key especially w/Derek Carr getting the start.

D-Line This line much like the o-line has only one starter returning (L.Tackle P.Sims) from last years squad. The defense's best player LaMarr Houston signed w/the Bears in the offseason. The 3 new starters are LD End L.Woodley, RT A.Smith & RD End Justin Tuck hopefully this line won't get gassed since the depth is better than years past.

LB's They are young and very good. Drafting Khalil Mack @#5 this past draft was a very smart move. He can play on the edge as well as drop in coverage. Paired w/WLB S. Moore and MLB N.Roach this group should do some serious damage.

DB's This may be the weakest link of the defense.  They did sign a pair of former 49ers in T.Brown and C.Rogers.  D.Hayden last years 1st pick (#12) has a foot injury and is currently on the PUP list.  This guy can't catch a break.

Coach Dennis Allen is entering his 3rd year.  The first year was basically a throw away year.  This year may be his last.  In order for him to see a 4th year they Raiders need to go at least 6-10. 

Outlook The schedule makers weren't kind.  3 of the first 4 are on the road (this includes the stupid "home" game in London versus the 'Phins) and 2 of those 4 they are on the east coast (NY & NE at least its Sept. and not Dec.). The NFC West (brutal) is also on the schedule and of course their own division which saw all 3 make the playoffs. 

North Carolina Tar HeelsOakland AthleticsSacramento KingsOakland RaidersCarolina Hurricanes
I may be drunk Miss but, in the morning I'll be sober & you'll still be ugly. W. Churchill

Justin NoCal

• Dickpuss Penegor, PhD.
  • -Nutter-
  • leave the gun, take the cannolis
Re: Raiders 2014 thread of hope....
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 04:04:42 pm »
California Golden BearsSan Francisco GiantsSacramento KingsWashington Redskins
Elevate, excavate, eliminate.

Skullet

• Ethan's Point Guard
  • -Nutter-
  • NFL Pool Champ 2005
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 04:06:15 pm »
Thread of hope  ;D

It's the Raiders...there is no hope.
Sam Houston St. BearcatsHouston AstrosHouston RocketsHouston Texans

Justin NoCal

• Dickpuss Penegor, PhD.
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 04:11:23 pm »
this thearde is now INCREDIBLY AWESOME

need_boost

• Never Fourget Fourloko
  • -Nutter-
  • You are shitty. Turd told me so
    • @need_boost
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 04:12:05 pm »
have they moved to San Antonio yet?
Texas-El Paso MinersDetroit TigersDetroit PistonsSan Francisco 49ersDetroit Red Wings
One man's trash is another man's daughter

Learjet89

• -Nutter-
  • -Fact Checker-
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 04:13:25 pm »
this thearde is now INCREDIBLY AWESOME

Stupid whores wearing knockoff Moss jerseys
Xavier MusketeersCincinnati RedsCincinnati Bengals

Justin NoCal

• Dickpuss Penegor, PhD.
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 04:13:58 pm »
Know how I know you're gay?

rocket625

• Go Raiders
  • -Member-
  • Rip Curl
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 04:14:06 pm »

Go Raidahs
UCSB GauchosLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersOakland RaidersLos Angeles Kings

Learjet89

• -Nutter-
  • -Fact Checker-
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 04:20:16 pm »
Know how I know you're gay?

Because I ranked them 2,4,1,3 ?
Xavier MusketeersCincinnati RedsCincinnati Bengals

Jeff in MD

• the M.D. is in the house
  • -Nutter-
  • 2012 Stucknut NFL Pool Champion
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 08:26:13 pm »
Biggest thing the Raiduhs have working against them is the division they're in.
Maryland TerrapinsWashington NationalsWashington WizardsWashington RedskinsWashington Capitals

Club America

• I'm Misery Company
  • -Tards-
  • Things get damaged, things get broken.
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 10:03:40 pm »
Biggest thing the Raiduhs have working against them is the division they're in.

goddamed, you are worse than frank.
Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
fvck off

stanleycupsabres

• Buffalo, New York is the real Hockeytown, U.S.A.
  • -Member-
  • -Nutter- -Admin- -Mod- -Security-
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 07:39:09 am »
The AFC West plays the AFC East and the NFC West this year. If Schaub has lost all confidence and can't play, I would have rolled with McGloin again. I don't like rookies. My Raiders finish 4-12.
Southern California TrojansNew York YankeesCleveland CavaliersOakland RaidersPhiladelphia Flyers
"At my firm, we may be whores, but we ain't pimps." - Ari Gold

rocket625

• Go Raiders
  • -Member-
  • Rip Curl
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 08:04:36 am »
The AFC West plays the AFC East and the NFC West this year. If Schaub has lost all confidence and can't play, I would have rolled with McGloin again. I don't like rookies. My Raiders finish 4-12.

don't think so, if we can pound the rock like the team is built to do - i bet we can get 6 wins, after all san diego is 2 games already.  DMC and MJD should be able to control the ball.   If carr has time the vertical game will work, hasn't in a few years but thats about to change. 

UCSB GauchosLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersOakland RaidersLos Angeles Kings

Club America

• I'm Misery Company
  • -Tards-
  • Things get damaged, things get broken.
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2014, 08:46:27 am »
Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
fvck off

stanleycupsabres

• Buffalo, New York is the real Hockeytown, U.S.A.
  • -Member-
  • -Nutter- -Admin- -Mod- -Security-
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2014, 09:21:53 am »
don't think so, if we can pound the rock like the team is built to do - i bet we can get 6 wins, after all san diego is 2 games already.  DMC and MJD should be able to control the ball.   If carr has time the vertical game will work, hasn't in a few years but thats about to change. 

The vertical game will work? What vertical game? Rod Streeter? James Jones? Denarius Moore? Michael Rivera? The Silver and Black shouldn’t have wasted that first round pick on Khalil Mack (who was atrocious in the preseason) and should have drafted some receiver help. The only wins on the schedule are Home to Buffalo, Home to Houston, the Dolphins in London, England, and At Cleveland.
Southern California TrojansNew York YankeesCleveland CavaliersOakland RaidersPhiladelphia Flyers
"At my firm, we may be whores, but we ain't pimps." - Ari Gold