Author Topic: Obama can't make up his mind about ISIS  (Read 1174 times)

Jeff in Syracuse

• (I)
  • -Nutter-
  • I lift things up and put them down
    • jeff13164
Obama can't make up his mind about ISIS
« on: September 03, 2014, 08:05:56 am »
Yeah, this is..... troubling.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/09/obama-suggests-isis-must-be-destroyed-or-maybe-not/

ANALYSIS:
TALLINN, Estonia – President Obama has condemned the beheading of U.S. journalist Steven Sotloff, saying “we will not be intimidated … justice will be done.”

But he offered a mixed message today about what exactly the United States wants to do about ISIS.

At first, the president offered what seemed to be an unambiguous goal.  “The bottom line is this:  Our objective is clear and that is to degrade and destroy ISIL so it is no longer a threat,” he said.

That would be an expansion of what the president and top White House officials have said previously.  They have steadfastly avoided saying the goal of U.S. policy is the destruction of ISIS, instead citing more modest objectives:  protecting Americans, protecting Iraqi infrastructure, stopping a humanitarian disaster, etc.

But when ABC News Radio White House correspondent Ann Compton today asked the president to clarify whether the United States now wants ISIS destroyed, the president seemed to significantly backtrack.

“Our objective is to make sure they aren’t an ongoing threat to the region,” he said.

Then, in response to another question, he seemed to backtrack even further:  “We know that if we are joined by the international community, we can continue to shrink ISIL’s sphere of influence, its effectiveness, its military capability to the point where it is a manageable problem.”

Making ISIS a “manageable problem” sounds like a far cry from destroying it.

So in the span of a few hours he essentially went from "we're gonna blow them off the planet" to "well, maybe we'll give them a time out and then they'll stop".

Yeah, i'm having a problem with the waffling. 

Cue CA saying "well you voted for him" in 3,2,1....
Syracuse OrangeNew York MetsPhoenix SunsNew York Giants

Rob in VB

• Masticater
  • -Nutter-
  • Zamboni Pilot
Re: Obama can't make up his mind about ISIS
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 08:06:46 am »
Well, you quoted him.
Georgetown HoyasNew York MetsNew York KnicksDallas CowboysWashington Capitals

rocket625

• Go Raiders
  • -Member-
  • Rip Curl
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 08:13:48 am »
Far as it goes, it's just one British guy thats lopping off the heads he needs to be caught and sent to gitmo.   Also what do you actually do against these guys? if you concentrate air power they just mix in with the local populations. Obama is fighting vermin, when the bombs light up they scatter.   :popcorn
UCSB GauchosLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersOakland RaidersLos Angeles Kings

Jeff in Syracuse

• (I)
  • -Nutter-
    • jeff13164
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 08:35:00 am »
Far as it goes, it's just one British guy thats lopping off the heads he needs to be caught and sent to gitmo.   Also what do you actually do against these guys? if you concentrate air power they just mix in with the local populations. Obama is fighting vermin, when the bombs light up they scatter.   :popcorn

Then he shouldn't be saying he's gonna wipe them out and then back off the way he did.  It shows indecision at best, cluelessness at worst.  It just doesn't show well at all

And I'm not Russ, CA, or any of them.  I voted for the guy.  So I'm not a right wing nut job randomly ripping him. 

Club America

• I'm Misery Company
  • -Tards-
  • Things get damaged, things get broken.
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 08:42:10 am »
Randomly ripping him?

fvck man, everything he touches he fvcks up.

Everything.

Good thing they got that IRS thingy fixed.
Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
fvck off

Justin NoCal

• Dickpuss Penegor, PhD.
  • -Nutter-
  • leave the gun, take the cannolis
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 09:23:38 am »
Some pretty good shit here.
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/visa-program-struggles-track-missing-foreign-students/story?id=25208740

So when we get hit again, can we still blame Bush?
So when we get hit again, how many more freedoms should we give away?
California Golden BearsSan Francisco GiantsSacramento KingsWashington Redskins
Elevate, excavate, eliminate.

testudo

• Stucknut historian (y'all don't want this)
  • -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 11:28:15 am »
We'll blame Rush Limbaugh.   

:lol  journalists getting beheaded is starting to turn me on better than Redtube.com    Seriously.

When I'm really beating off,   i get me some astroglide,   put on a video of a journalist from the shit press denouncing his citizenship on my laptop and getting his head sawed off....whilst tuning into MSNBC or the Daily Show on my TV where they are complaining about something racist like the Redskins Logo...

My toes curled and my eyes rolled back in my head the last time.      Shew... I have to mop my brow now just  poating about it.

Maryland TerrapinsBaltimore OriolesWashington WizardsBaltimore RavensWashington Capitals

Jeff in Syracuse

• (I)
  • -Nutter-
    • jeff13164
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 11:57:21 am »
We'll blame Rush Limbaugh.   

:lol  journalists getting beheaded is starting to turn me on better than Redtube.com    Seriously.

When I'm really beating off,   i get me some astroglide,   put on a video of a journalist from the shit press denouncing his citizenship on my laptop and getting his head sawed off....whilst tuning into MSNBC or the Daily Show on my TV where they are complaining about something racist like the Redskins Logo...

My toes curled and my eyes rolled back in my head the last time.      Shew... I have to mop my brow now just  poating about it.

I shudder to think what goes through your mind thinking about what happened to Lara Logan in Egypt.

To think, I choose to log in and interact with people like you.  I really need to reassess my life

rocket625

• Go Raiders
  • -Member-
  • Rip Curl
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 08:58:15 pm »
“Obama creates a reality around himself," Krauthammer explained. "He’s surrounded by sycophants."

"Nobody of any stature in his administration will tell him he’s wrong, will tell him when he gets the briefings for over a year on ISIS and the growing threat that it is not something he can ignore.”

snake doesn't want to hear this ....
UCSB GauchosLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersOakland RaidersLos Angeles Kings

Thoreau

• Who
  • Who Mad
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 09:16:52 pm »
Drones from 40,000 feet

Cincinnati BearcatsCincinnati RedsLos Angeles LakersCincinnati Bengals
Hoo

jeff in tucson

• puts the "semen" in amusement :koolaid
  • -Nutter-
    • sb1070supporter
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 05:04:24 am »
Well the cowardly motherfvckers will use civilians as human shields so drone attacks are out. We'll have to send our troopas in there where they can't fire until fired upon from behind said human shields, and when a few of them get capped in the process by accident, our shit MSM will attack our troops, and wastes of skin like Melissa Harris Perry and Rachel Mancow will brand them as evil, bloodthirsty mercenaries and will say the subsequent outrage of radical Islamists and the brutal murders they will commit are completely justified.

What they should do is leaflet the area, telling the civilians they have 72 hours to get the fvck outta Dodge, or set up some tent cities for them at a safe distance, at which time a few waves of B-1's will come in and carpet-bomb that shithole till it looks like the surface of the moon, THEN send in our guys for the door-to-door cleanup. Search and destroy missions too, none of this taking prisoner, footbaths and Muslim meals in jail bullshit.

But since that will never happen, my next choice would be to send in 10 or 12 sniper teams of about 5 to 6 guys per team, triangulate the area and keep those fvckers pinned down 24/7. They won't even wanna take a piss for fear of getting their cock shot off. But again, this will never happen. I guess putting more of our troops at risk is what WILL happen.
Arizona WildcatsArizona DiamondbacksPhoenix SunsDallas CowboysPhoenix Coyotes

Stab

• Morally Flexible
  • -Nutter-
  • Flat Sun Denier
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2014, 07:34:32 am »

:lol  journalists getting beheaded is starting to turn me on better than Redtube.com   
+1
Wisconsin BadgersMilwaukee BrewersMilwaukee BucksGreen Bay Packers
Not the worst. Not even close.

wireman

• -Nutter-
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2014, 07:46:33 am »
Well the cowardly motherfvckers will use civilians as human shields so drone attacks are out. We'll have to send our troopas in there where they can't fire until fired upon from behind said human shields, and when a few of them get capped in the process by accident, our shit MSM will attack our troops, and wastes of skin like Melissa Harris Perry and Rachel Mancow will brand them as evil, bloodthirsty mercenaries and will say the subsequent outrage of radical Islamists and the brutal murders they will commit are completely justified.

What they should do is leaflet the area, telling the civilians they have 72 hours to get the fvck outta Dodge, or set up some tent cities for them at a safe distance, at which time a few waves of B-1's will come in and carpet-bomb that shithole till it looks like the surface of the moon, THEN send in our guys for the door-to-door cleanup. Search and destroy missions too, none of this taking prisoner, footbaths and Muslim meals in jail bullshit.

But since that will never happen, my next choice would be to send in 10 or 12 sniper teams of about 5 to 6 guys per team, triangulate the area and keep those fvckers pinned down 24/7. They won't even wanna take a piss for fear of getting their cock shot off. But again, this will never happen. I guess putting more of our troops at risk is what WILL happen.
what he said  referee2 :koolaid
North Carolina Tar HeelsOakland AthleticsSacramento KingsOakland RaidersCarolina Hurricanes
I may be drunk Miss but, in the morning I'll be sober & you'll still be ugly. W. Churchill

Club America

• I'm Misery Company
  • -Tards-
  • Things get damaged, things get broken.
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2014, 08:39:27 am »

I can get with this. :koolaid
Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
fvck off

testudo

• Stucknut historian (y'all don't want this)
  • -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 09:34:04 am »
I shudder to think what goes through your mind thinking about what happened to Lara Logan in Egypt.

To think, I choose to log in and interact with people like you.  I really need to reassess my life

What goes through my mind,  Jeffe,  is how these Journalists are leftist turds.    They empathize with these animals and mis-report what is actually going on.   Either because they don't understand it.    Or because they are lying about it intentionally.

When Laura Logan was getting ravaged during that demonstration in Egypt,  the shit press was calling that movement "The Arab Spring."        A reporter was live on TV oozing love and talking about how peaceful the uprising was, while unbeknownst to him,  Laura Logan was being gang raped less that 200 feet away from him.

They think because they have empathy for whatever these animals are moaning about,  that it makes them immune from the violence.   I'm sure before those two dudes got their heads lopped off they whined  "BUT I'M ON YOUR SIDE!!!!!   :cry"

The press is almost always wrong.   Almost ALWAYS lying.    Usually there's no consequences for them.   That's why some refer to them as "the drive-by media."    They come through,  cause a big shit storm based on zero facts,  then move on when some other story becomes more popular.   (See Ferguson, MO)

But once in awhile...when they reap the consequences of their irresponsibility,  and a head rolls off the shoulders... i'm sorry...   IT GETS ME OFF.      :banana

Laura Logan...  Yeah...  that sucked didn't it?     But you have to be a liberal pacifist idiot in the first pacle to be a blonde headed, hawt,   freaking 10 and think you can walk through a group of 1000s of Muslim Men during a riot.   That is not the united states.   There is no NOW or women's rights groups over there.

"BUT I'M ON YOUR SIDE!!!!   :cry"

Did you see that reporter in Fergie, MO report some ear plugs he found on the ground were rubber bullets????   These people really are this stupid.   And I don't bat an eye on a good day when they reap what they sow.
Maryland TerrapinsBaltimore OriolesWashington WizardsBaltimore RavensWashington Capitals