Author Topic: Seahawks Moving BACK to AFC West??  (Read 789 times)

J - Dog

• -Member-
Seahawks Moving BACK to AFC West??
« on: October 13, 2014, 06:49:09 pm »
I heard the NFL is moving the Seattle Seahawks BACK to the AFC West when they relocate another team to Los Angeles..

Anyone else hear this?
What team do you think L.A. will get?? the Chargers, the Raiders??

Just when Seahawk Nation has built the most passionate and fiercest rivalry in modern football with the San Fransisco 49'ers over the past decade, they jerk the Seahawks back to their original division..

:popcorn
Washington St. CougarsSeattle MarinersPortland Trail BlazersSeattle Seahawks

Ralph In Orlando

• Globetard Killer
  • -Nutter-
  • Its Real To Me
Duke Blue DevilsNew York MetsNew York KnicksNew York GiantsNew York Rangers
{:: - You Bark, I Bite - ::}

Russ from Sactown

• -I Post Here With Other-
  • -Tards-
  • Rack the Trolls™
    • yeahright
    • suckme
Re: Seahawks Moving BACK to AFC West??
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 06:56:36 pm »
The Chargers to LA move has been talked about for a while.  Ultimately the Chargers ownership wants a new crib.  It's doubtful LA will build one for them.  I don't think the Chargers want to pay for it.  They have a better chance getting something done in SD, than LA.

Raiders to LA is possible, if they don't move to San Antonio first.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 06:58:16 pm by Russ from Sactown »
Idaho VandalsMiami MarlinsToronto RaptorsSan Diego ChargersVancouver Canucks

Jeff in MD

• the M.D. is in the house
  • -Nutter-
  • 2012 Stucknut NFL Pool Champion
Maryland TerrapinsWashington NationalsWashington WizardsWashington RedskinsWashington Capitals

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 07:59:32 pm »
I heard the NFL is moving the Seattle Seahawks BACK to the AFC West when they relocate another team to Los Angeles..

Anyone else hear this?
What team do you think L.A. will get?? the Chargers, the Raiders??

Just when Seahawk Nation has built the most passionate and fiercest rivalry in modern football with the San Fransisco 49'ers over the past decade, they jerk the Seahawks back to their original division..

:popcorn
Where did you hear that?
If it's the Raiders, Chargers, or Rams (STL is already in NFC West), why in the world would that necessitate a division realignment by Seattle?
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

J - Dog

• -Member-
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 08:33:42 pm »
Where did you hear that?
If it's the Raiders, Chargers, or Rams (STL is already in NFC West), why in the world would that necessitate a division realignment by Seattle?

Its a rumor at this point. Which hopefully is all it is..

But they are looking to re-align with a team moving to LA. make no mistake about that..

And the fact that the Seahawks were an original AFC West team makes them again a prime candidate for another shift..

rocket625

• Go Raiders
  • -Member-
  • Rip Curl
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 08:49:17 pm »
be nice if the rams would come home   :drink
UCSB GauchosLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersOakland RaidersLos Angeles Kings

Learjet89

• -Nutter-
  • -Fact Checker-
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 09:31:50 pm »
be nice if the rams would come home   :drink

To Cleveland?
Xavier MusketeersCincinnati RedsCincinnati Bengals

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 09:41:17 pm »
Its a rumor at this point. Which hopefully is all it is..

But they are looking to re-align with a team moving to LA. make no mistake about that..

And the fact that the Seahawks were an original AFC West team makes them again a prime candidate for another shift..

Yeah dude, but where did you hear that rumor?  And what is the reasoning they gave behind this proposed realignment?

If the Chargers move up to LA or the Raiders move down, they're still in California, and it makes sense that they remain AFC West teams.  St Louis would move from the Midwest to California, but they already are in the NFC West, so no change of division needed there.

If Jacksonville gets moved, I could see the reasoning for realignment there, as you could then put the LA Jaguars in some West division (either AFC or NFC) and then some team would have to get moved into the AFC South to take Jacksonville's old spot if you want to keep the divisions kinda geographically logical. Maybe move the Chiefs or St Louis from West divisions down into the AFC South, though those 2 places aren't really that far south.
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

jeff in tucson

• puts the "semen" in amusement :koolaid
  • -Nutter-
    • sb1070supporter
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 12:58:25 am »
:lol Sandy Eggo in teh AFC Souf
Arizona WildcatsArizona DiamondbacksPhoenix SunsDallas CowboysPhoenix Coyotes

stanleycupsabres

• Buffalo, New York is the real Hockeytown, U.S.A.
  • -Member-
  • -Nutter- -Admin- -Mod- -Security-
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 09:03:29 am »
If the Jaguars do become the LA Jaguars, move the St. Louis Rams to the AFC South. The Rams have been so atrocious since The Greatest Show on Turf, that any rivalry they have with Seattle, San Francisco, and Arizona is worthless anyway.
Southern California TrojansNew York YankeesCleveland CavaliersOakland RaidersPhiladelphia Flyers
"At my firm, we may be whores, but we ain't pimps." - Ari Gold

Justin NoCal

• Dickpuss Penegor, PhD.
  • -Nutter-
  • leave the gun, take the cannolis
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2014, 03:50:38 pm »
Yeah but.. The Lakers moved to a place with no lakes.
California Golden BearsSan Francisco GiantsSacramento KingsWashington Redskins
Elevate, excavate, eliminate.

need_boost

• Never Fourget Fourloko
  • -Nutter-
  • You are shitty. Turd told me so
    • @need_boost
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2014, 04:02:29 pm »
I hope Jim Rome talks about this
Texas-El Paso MinersDetroit TigersDetroit PistonsSan Francisco 49ersDetroit Red Wings
One man's trash is another man's daughter

J - Dog

• -Member-
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 11:56:52 pm »
Links to the reported rumor...
My buddy told me during the Seahawks Game Party on Sunday,  said he heard it on ESPN earlier

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2014/10/09/reports-seahawks-could-move-back-to-afc-west/

The city of Los Angeles has been instrumental in the history of the Seattle Seahawks, most notably when former owner Ken Behring’s failed attempt to relocate the franchise there ushered in Paul Allen and, eventually, a Super Bowl title.

Now, the NFL’s desire to reestablish franchises in the country’s No. 2 media market could have the Hawks moving again — but back to familiar territory. Seattle is a rumored target to switch divisions for the third time in team history, rejoining the AFC West, where they played from 1977 to 2001.

http://q13fox.com/2014/10/10/could-the-seahawks-move-back-to-the-afc-west/

According to Profootballtalk.com, a plan to send two teams — likely the Chargers and the Raiders — to the L.A. area would require a division switch for one because the league refuses to have two teams from the same city in the same league. Raiders owner Mark Davis has reportedly told league officials he’s open to moving his team out of the AFC West and into the NFC West. If this happens, a team from the NFC West would need to transfer to keep league parity.

And which team is the most likely NFC West team to transfer? Well the Seahawks, of course!

The Hawks have history in the AFC. It was the team’s division until 2002, and many fans remember the days of Bronco busting and Charger hating.

At this point, this story is little more than speculation.