Author Topic: Ebola  (Read 1005 times)

jeff in tucson

• puts the "semen" in amusement :koolaid
  • -Nutter-
    • sb1070supporter
Ebola
« on: October 18, 2014, 10:10:15 am »
I wasn't sure where to put this, so I put it in the main and you mods can move it to where you see fit if this isn't the right place.

Ok, regarding how this thing is spread, what's been reported by the CDC is straight up fvcking horseshit. The CDC is saying that it is pretty much spread like the flu, meaning droplet distribution. The Ebola virus is a blood borne pathogen, like HIV and hep C. You have to come into contact with contaminated body fluids to contract it, i.e. a contaminated syringe, broken skin, or sexual contact. Why the CDC is being so irresponsible I have no idea. The nurses in Texas who came down with it obviously did not take contact precautions when treating these patients, either because they didn't know or were being careless. Someone with Ebola could sneeze in your face and all you're gonna get is some boogers in your face.

CDC :monkey2
Arizona WildcatsArizona DiamondbacksPhoenix SunsDallas CowboysPhoenix Coyotes

testudo

• Stucknut historian (y'all don't want this)
  • -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver
Re: Ebola
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 11:41:40 am »
I heard tell it could mutate into airborne.

And by teh way,   am I the only one that thinks the asian girl with Ebola is kinda hawt?
Maryland TerrapinsBaltimore OriolesWashington WizardsBaltimore RavensWashington Capitals

Learjet89

• -Nutter-
  • -Fact Checker-
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 12:02:03 pm »
I heard tell it could mutate into airborne.

And by teh way,   am I the only one that thinks the asian girl with Ebola is kinda hawt?

I think you have a chance.  Go for it, baldy
Xavier MusketeersCincinnati RedsCincinnati Bengals

testudo

• -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 12:05:08 pm »
Tha fvck is ur problem?      referee1
Maryland TerrapinsBaltimore OriolesWashington WizardsBaltimore RavensWashington Capitals

Itchy Nutsack

• -Member-
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 02:34:33 pm »
You do realize saliva is a bodily fluid.

jeff in tucson

• puts the "semen" in amusement :koolaid
  • -Nutter-
    • sb1070supporter
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 03:27:27 pm »
You do realize saliva is a bodily fluid.

One that doesn't transmit anything except bacteria. Little different than a virus, unless of course it's mixed with infected blood.
Arizona WildcatsArizona DiamondbacksPhoenix SunsDallas CowboysPhoenix Coyotes

Itchy Nutsack

• -Member-
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 03:45:32 pm »
They have actually found the virus in the saliva of patients in the severe stage of infection. There is a possiblity that a cough or sneeze could spread the virus in the saliva. These droplets can only travel about 3 feet which is why they have established 1 meter(3 foot) buffer when not wearing full protective gear.

J - Dog

• -Member-
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 05:02:54 pm »
Ebola can live in sperm for along time too.. some say up to 70 days..  :bananbang

Why Obama isn't banning flights from Western Africa and sealing off the Borders is nothing short of asinine disregard.

Our Hospitals can't absorb a huge outbreak of Ebola. And shouldn't have to.
The CDC has already shown its incompetence despite having plenty of warning.

The excuse for not banning travel flights?? because It could hinder essential aid to those countries. Bullshit! We're sending over 3,000 troops there to help, send the aid over with that.

fvcking Traitor in the White House.
Washington St. CougarsSeattle MarinersPortland Trail BlazersSeattle Seahawks

PlaynWithDummies

• Why am I still just a
  • -Member-
    • playnwithdummies
    • @PlaynWithDummys
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 06:34:45 am »
This was a hot topic at work the other day.  We have a client who is coming from Nigeria this week.  Unfortunately for him, we have restricted anyone from West Africa into our facility.

:lol spending thousands of dollars to come to Canada to spend a night in a hotel room and fly back home.
Green Bay PackersToronto Maple Leafs
If you're bored I've got a whole bunch of off's you can go fvck.

testudo

• -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 06:49:48 am »
:lol

Obama said he hugged and kissed on the cheek some of the women that Cared for the index patient that died in Dallas.    Because his experts on his staff said there was "nothing to be worried about."

THAT LYING MUTHERfvckER!!!!     :lol

Moodell

• International Brotherhood of Geniuses Local 163
  • -Nutter-
  • "Life is too serious to be taken seriously."
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 08:39:58 am »
:lol

Obama said he hugged and kissed on the cheek some of the women that Cared for the index patient that died in Dallas.    Because his experts on his staff said there was "nothing to be worried about."

THAT LYING MUTHERfvckER!!!!     :lol
Right.  :lol
Ohio St. BuckeyesCleveland IndiansCleveland CavaliersIndianapolis ColtsColumbus Blue Jackets
Progressives gnaw away at the pillars of our society as if they were  termites chewing on wood.

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 10:50:55 am »
I BLAME OBAMA, BLARGH!!!!    :lol

I saw an article this morning that said the billionaire Mormon douchebag leads GOP polls right now.  That's definitely good news for people like me.  BONK. 
Colorado St. RamsColorado RockiesDenver NuggetsBuffalo BillsBuffalo Sabres
"I took all the same classes as you at a much bigger D1 school."  :lol

Moodell

• International Brotherhood of Geniuses Local 163
  • -Nutter-
  • "Life is too serious to be taken seriously."
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 11:42:59 am »

I saw an article this morning that said the billionaire Mormon douchebag leads GOP polls right now.  That's definitely good news for people like me.  BONK.
They better do better than Romney cuz I'm growning bored with voting for the lesser of two evils every 4 years. If the Rs trot Romney out there again in 2016, I will be staying home on election day.
Ohio St. BuckeyesCleveland IndiansCleveland CavaliersIndianapolis ColtsColumbus Blue Jackets
Progressives gnaw away at the pillars of our society as if they were  termites chewing on wood.

Jeremy in Richmond

• Fagithare
  • -Nutter-
  • Formerly Steve's Boo
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2014, 12:31:47 pm »
I wasn't sure where to put this, so I put it in the main and you mods can move it to where you see fit if this isn't the right place.

Ok, regarding how this thing is spread, what's been reported by the CDC is straight up fvcking horseshit. The CDC is saying that it is pretty much spread like the flu, meaning droplet distribution. The Ebola virus is a blood borne pathogen, like HIV and hep C. You have to come into contact with contaminated body fluids to contract it, i.e. a contaminated syringe, broken skin, or sexual contact. Why the CDC is being so irresponsible I have no idea. The nurses in Texas who came down with it obviously did not take contact precautions when treating these patients, either because they didn't know or were being careless. Someone with Ebola could sneeze in your face and all you're gonna get is some boogers in your face.

CDC :monkey2
While I do appreciate your input into the transfer of the Ebola virus, I will wait for Jeff in MDs independent investigation. He was spot on regarding the Ferguson riots.

rocket625

• Go Raiders
  • -Member-
  • Rip Curl
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 02:49:34 pm »

Is your precious DNC going to buy us all Hazmat suits???    :blush
UCSB GauchosLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersOakland RaidersLos Angeles Kings