Author Topic: Shared Belief Taken Out At BC Classic  (Read 1102 times)

spookyben

• Round & Round
  • -Member-
Shared Belief Taken Out At BC Classic
« on: November 02, 2014, 08:51:23 am »
I'm wondering if Rome still believes in that adage he's always quoting:

"If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin."

Baffert and Garcia are laughing all the way to the bank.
Fire up the ferris wheel!

toptenguy

• -Member-
Re: Shared Belief Taken Out At BC Classic
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 09:56:33 am »
Less of horses, and more of anything else, is GOOD for the Jungle.

But yeah, was that race that Ku Klux Klans race challenge, or whatever that was last month?   Whatever it was, what a horrible name for a race.

DrewInDTLA

• -Jungle Twitter Posse-
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 12:24:25 am »
PREDICTION: Tomorrow Rome will say "horse racing is a kick in the A$$$$" and "mans game", or something like that

toptenguy

• -Member-
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 06:23:00 am »
PREDICTION: Tomorrow Rome will say "horse racing is a kick in the A$$$$" and "mans game", or something like that

And "the highs are the highest, but the lows are the lowest. But when you do get a big win, I cannot describe the feeling"

Aka, ANY GAMBLING IN THE HISTORY OF GAMBLING.

DrewInDTLA

• -Jungle Twitter Posse-
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 10:49:37 am »
And "the highs are the highest, but the lows are the lowest. But when you do get a big win, I cannot describe the feeling"

Yes

spookyben

• Round & Round
  • -Member-
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 11:52:51 am »
Wow - never ever heard Rome this pissed before.

He's doing everything he can to stay above it but you can see the steam coming off the radio.

DrewInDTLA

• -Jungle Twitter Posse-
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 12:07:50 pm »

He just said it

DrewInDTLA

• -Jungle Twitter Posse-
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 12:08:55 pm »
Wow - never ever heard Rome this pissed before.

He's doing everything he can to stay above it but you can see the steam coming off the radio.

Yea, but hes doing that thing where he reads emails that share his point of view rather than say it himself.

spookyben

• Round & Round
  • -Member-
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 12:54:13 pm »
Yeah, kinda crazy he would ignore all those emails saying it was a clean race lol.

toptenguy

• -Member-
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 01:29:29 pm »
Wait, what exactly happened? Did his horse just lose? Did it get caught with an illegal substance?

JohnPaul

• -Member-
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 04:49:21 pm »
Wait, what exactly happened? Did his horse just lose? Did it get caught with an illegal substance?
his horse got bumped along with 3 other horses by the eventual winner at start of the race. The bump threw all the horses out of line and screwed up the race. The officials ruled that since it happened at beginning of the race the bumped horses had time to recuperate.  Rome disagreed saying, " okay so you're saying any infraction at start race doesn't matter ."

spookyben

• Round & Round
  • -Member-
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 07:40:42 pm »
Bayern cut hard left as soon as he left the gate, not only slamming into Shared Belief, but also cutting off Moreno, the other speed horse (if you don't know the value in doing this for Bayern, a horse who never wins unless he gets the lead immediately, then I can't help you).

The stewards said Garcia (jockey) corrected Bayern within two strides of the gate, which is absolute BS. He went over more than two lanes immediately and continued to cut off anyone on the inside instead of "correcting" and heading straight for the first turn. This also caused a clusterf**k of bumping behind him for the first 250'.  The national horse racing media I listened to today all said that if this was a normal Thursday night race anywhere in America Bayern would have been DQ'd but there was no way they were going to taint a race like the multi-million$$ Classic.

As bad as the incident was, the real insult to racing fans was Baffert post-race saying that Bayern did nothing wrong and that the inquiry was for a different horse.

I had no money on this race, I really don't follow racing except for the big races but this was a mugging on national TV and Rome can only eat it.  He's talking about some sort of rematch but I can't see CA Chrome's owners going for it.

magic_uno

• -Member-
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2014, 09:56:25 pm »
 :uhh
Illinois Fighting IlliniChicago White SoxChicago BullsChicago BearsChicago Blackhawks

toptenguy

• -Member-
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2014, 06:36:43 am »
his horse got bumped along with 3 other horses by the eventual winner at start of the race.

There is only one solution. Create the first horse Bobsleigh team, and make the Calgary olympics!!!

Bill_in_Phoenix

• -Member-
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2014, 11:03:41 am »
Well, shit.  I read the thread title and though the animal had been taken out...with a 30.06.  Come to think of it, all VanCrack's insipid horse racing talk should be taken out.
Western Michigan BroncosSt. Louis CardinalsPhoenix SunsSt Louis Blues
Get off my lawn