Author Topic: I had to show my ID at my polling place.  (Read 1348 times)

Rob in VB

• Masticater
  • -Nutter-
  • Zamboni Pilot
Re: I had to show my ID at my polling place.
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2014, 09:54:28 am »
There is no mandate that a criminal defendant must remain silent, so we should have no problem with a law requiring them to show a photo ID in order to do so.

His identity is well known prior to trial.  "Do we have a BP here?  BP?  Please show us your ID so that we can prosecute you"  :lol  Stick with tax law.  You're out of your depth here, bud.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:57:52 am by Rob in VB »
Georgetown HoyasNew York MetsNew York KnicksDallas CowboysWashington Capitals

B.P. in H town

• -Member-
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2014, 10:00:23 am »
His identity is well known prior to trial.  "Do we have a BP here?  BP?  Please show us your ID so that we can prosecute you"  :lol

You know that the right to remain silent attaches WELL before the trial?  You know that don't you?  Again, probably not.

Remember kids, getting the keys to a nice family business does not in any way impart knowledge about constitutional criminal procedure.  Christ, you must be insufferable in real life if you think you are this much of an expert about something you clearly know very little about.

Rob's keys to business success:

1. Inherit family business

2. Act like you accomplished something and have actual practical knowledge.

B.P. in H town

• -Member-
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2014, 10:06:12 am »
Great analogy, Matlock.  Because testifying in court controls trillions of public dollars and unfathomable amounts of political power. :uhh

Unfortunately for you it is a great analogy.  That is the great thing about the constitution, among other things it confers rights to a citizen.  It doesn't care about money, or politics, or any of this other shit you barf into this thread.  It just guarentees rights.

My analogy was sound.  We have two rights guarenteed by the constitution: (1) the right to remain silent and (2) the right to vote.  The constitution does not compel a person to do either of them.  I simply asked why the constitution would treat (1) differently from (2) in that the constitution would require someone to show an ID to excersise the option under #2 but not do the same thing under #1.

Actually Scalia Jr. the best response to that would be not your stupid response about trillions of dollars or whatever other non-analysis constitutional garbage you threw up there, but an intelligent rebuttal would be to say that the right to remain silent is guarenteed to citizens and non-citizens alike to regardless of a person's ID they are afforded that right.  So this can be another con law lesson you learned today, along with a few other things you learned that non-citizens also have the right to remain silent.  So next time you are acting like a know it all, use some of the things I taught you in this thread and you'll at least be right on a few things.

B.P. in H town

• -Member-
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2014, 10:07:17 am »
His identity is well known prior to trial.  "Do we have a BP here?  BP?  Please show us your ID so that we can prosecute you"  :lol  Stick with tax law.  You're out of your depth here, bud.

Someone who thinks that the right to remain silent is only exercisable at trial thinks I am out of my depth?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Rob in VB

• Masticater
  • -Nutter-
  • Zamboni Pilot
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2014, 10:16:01 am »
 :lol Maltfailwrongkwit.  When BP gets dinged, his attention span gets worse than a 14 year old boy surrounded by bare tits.  Or in his case, dicks.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 10:33:36 am by Rob in VB »
Georgetown HoyasNew York MetsNew York KnicksDallas CowboysWashington Capitals