Author Topic: I'm sure the new Republican Senate will do what they can to fix this problem.  (Read 967 times)

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2014/11/daily-chart-2?fsrc=scn/fb/te/bl/ed/somearemoreequalthanothers

A NEW paper by Emmanuel Saez of the University of California, Berkeley, and Gabriel Zucman of the London School of Economics suggests that, in America at least, inequality in wealth is approaching record levels. The authors examine the share of total wealth held by the bottom 90% of families relative to those at the very top. In the late 1920s the bottom 90% held just 16% of America’s wealth—considerably less than that held by the top 0.1%, which controlled a quarter of total wealth just before the crash of 1929. From the beginning of the Depression until well after the end of the second world war, the middle class’s share of total wealth rose steadily, thanks to collapsing wealth among richer households, broader equity ownership, middle-class income growth and rising rates of home-ownership. From the early 1980s, however, these trends have reversed. The top 0.1% (consisting of 160,000 families worth $73m on average) hold 22% of America’s wealth, just shy of the 1929 peak—and almost the same share as the bottom 90% of the population.

:uhh
Colorado St. RamsColorado RockiesDenver NuggetsBuffalo BillsBuffalo Sabres
"I took all the same classes as you at a much bigger D1 school."  :lol

frankinhouston

• -Member-
    • @harryhooper8
http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2014/11/daily-chart-2?fsrc=scn/fb/te/bl/ed/somearemoreequalthanothers

A NEW paper by Emmanuel Saez of the University of California, Berkeley, and Gabriel Zucman of the London School of Economics suggests that, in America at least, inequality in wealth is approaching record levels. The authors examine the share of total wealth held by the bottom 90% of families relative to those at the very top. In the late 1920s the bottom 90% held just 16% of America’s wealth—considerably less than that held by the top 0.1%, which controlled a quarter of total wealth just before the crash of 1929. From the beginning of the Depression until well after the end of the second world war, the middle class’s share of total wealth rose steadily, thanks to collapsing wealth among richer households, broader equity ownership, middle-class income growth and rising rates of home-ownership. From the early 1980s, however, these trends have reversed. The top 0.1% (consisting of 160,000 families worth $73m on average) hold 22% of America’s wealth, just shy of the 1929 peak—and almost the same share as the bottom 90% of the population.

:uhh

snake, you know i'm mostly always on your side, but i think you're pushing that new educational scenario that most RWD posters here are against. i can't remember the name of said movement or concept, but it's GOT to be bad. you know when people spend years of their life trying to understand the the ways of the world and actual mechanics of how things work, they just have to be inept or wasting their time. that being said, RACK. (btw, RWD=right wing douchebags)

f
Texas A&M AggiesHouston AstrosHouston RocketsHouston Texans

testudo

• Stucknut historian (y'all don't want this)
  • -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver
Keep it going...

Rich vs Poor
Black vs White
Gay vs Straight
Me vs you
Us vs them

It really ain't like that.

Democrats have been killing off their pwn voting base with abortion and giving the rest shitty public housing since LBJ's war on poverty...     Going on FIFTY fvckING YEARS.

You know who makes a lot of money?   College professors...especially at Berkley.   You know what has most outpaced inflation buy a country mile?  COLLEGE TUITION.   (not oil... not fracking....)   But people charging money claiming to have information and teaching kids to be future democrats---telling them they are intelligent.   (when they aren't) and charging people their parent's money to graduate with philosphy and women's study degrees instead of teaching them how to create things...

We just voted in the 3 ethnic minorites...  first time black senator from SC,   Mia Love from Utah.  Now brown skinned republican from TX... forget his name....   You'd think MSNBC and NAACP would be celebrating this shit....  but no...  that's not part of the commie agenda... these historical moves are not important because they ain't liberal.

This election is a repudiation of your shit and Obama's shit.   

And I'm more than sure the Republicans will fvck it up...   but the majority of americuns don't believe the shit your sellin'

I could find more info on this.. including a college professor talking about how Obamacare's true mission had to be hidden from the public and lied to...  in order to be passed.   (I was not surprised.)

Seriously..   you people are a menace.

If things go right,  then democratic/"progressive" teachers and profs and union hacks will be held to some standards....  and if we dig them out..... tuitions will go down and you will stop having the ability to hold people down.

BullConnerEyes  :lol

Maryland TerrapinsBaltimore OriolesWashington WizardsBaltimore RavensWashington Capitals

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
So....your point is.....really, nothing??

Saluki

• I'd never join a club that would have me as a
  • -Nutter-
  • I've made a huge mistake

I could find more info on this..

:lol you didn't find any information
Southern Illinois SalukisPittsburgh PiratesChicago BullsPittsburgh SteelersPittsburgh Penguins
I'm more muscular than you /s/ Tudo

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
:lol you didn't find any information

Maybe he forgot it in Panama.   :lol

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
So, wait - your argument is that the GOP is a bigger advocate in public policy for the poor??   :lol

Learjet89

• -Nutter-
  • -Fact Checker-
So, wait - your argument is that the GOP is a bigger advocate in public policy for the poor??   :lol

They at least do not pretend to.
Xavier MusketeersCincinnati RedsCincinnati Bengals

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
Yes, because socialized medicine and welfare programs certainly don't help the poor.   :uhh

Jeff in MD

• the M.D. is in the house
  • -Nutter-
  • 2012 Stucknut NFL Pool Champion
I agree with tudo 100% about the american people not buying Obama's ideas anymore, because after all it's not like congress has blocked, obstructed or said "go fvck yourself" to any of Obama's ideas. All his fault, no one else to blame, because Obama could have signed that jobs bill into law by himself. Shame on him.
Maryland TerrapinsWashington NationalsWashington WizardsWashington RedskinsWashington Capitals

Learjet89

• -Nutter-
  • -Fact Checker-
I agree with tudo 100% about the american people not buying Obama's ideas anymore, because after all it's not like congress has blocked, obstructed or said "go fvck yourself" to any of Obama's ideas. All his fault, no one else to blame, because Obama could have signed that jobs bill into law by himself. Shame on him.

It never occurred to you that maybe that is the reason Republicans were voted into control of Congress in the first place?
Xavier MusketeersCincinnati RedsCincinnati Bengals

testudo

• -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver
Yes, because socialized medicine and welfare programs certainly don't help the poor.   :uhh

Listen here son.     Please.

There was already a healthcare program to help the poor.   It was called MEDICAID.   And it was free.   There's a heathcare program to help veterans... it's called  TRICARE.    There was a healthcare program to help seniors... that was called "MEDICARE."

Socialized medicine...  OBAMACARE is forcing people to buy health insurance.     

There is a DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HEALTH CARE AND HEALTH INSURANCE.

Want to get some insight into what Socialized medicine looks like?   It's already there.    The VA scandal.    Want another look?   Check out babies being born in the hallways of British Hospitals.      Want more?     Check out infant mortality rate in places like japan...   and france that don't count a baby born below a certain amount of pounds as a "live birth" and don't care for them or count them as part of their infant mortality rate.

Your thinking is well intentioned.   I get that.    But you aren't all that compasssionate of a guy so lets just drop the bullshit.  <<SnakeEyes Commercial break>>>>> Make fun of Sarah Palin's Down Syndrome child.

Maryland TerrapinsBaltimore OriolesWashington WizardsBaltimore RavensWashington Capitals

johninpwest

• Inglorious Bastard
  • -Nutter-
  • Run me, and I will be more powerful than you think
Colorado St. RamsColorado RockiesDenver NuggetsDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
"...Granting an exemption from social security taxes to an employer operates to impose the employer's religious faith on the employees" US vs Lee (1982)

testudo

• -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver

When Obama destroyed the stock marked after his election,   "the stock market isn't a good gauge of the economy."

Now that the stock market is up,  albeit the slowest recovery in the history of recessions/depressions,   the stock market is suddenly a huge gauge of Obama's success.

See how this works?

#lowInformationVoters