Author Topic: Thee Official Eric Garner Choking Threadre  (Read 1334 times)

Moodell

• International Brotherhood of Geniuses Local 163
  • -Nutter-
  • "Life is too serious to be taken seriously."
Thee Official Eric Garner Choking Threadre
« on: December 04, 2014, 08:29:02 am »
http://time.com/3016326/eric-garner-video-police-chokehold-death/

The fact that no indictment was brought against the policeman/policemen responsible for this man's death, is an absolute joke. The cop used a technique which is banned by the department in an effort to "subdue" Mr. Garner. That in and of itself should have been enough to bring about an indictment. Mr. Garner, though a rather large man, did not seem to be posing any kind of a threat to the officers at the time he was taken down. You would think that when a man is telling you that he "can't breathe", the choke hold would have been released and the man should have been given a chance to catch his breath...that's just human decency. This video is just tough to watch, as are other videos on the net which show Mr. Garner lying on the ground for more than 5 minutes before any attempt to help him medically is made.

I do not relate this case in any way to the Ferguson case; the evidence in the Michael Brown case did not warrant an indictment of Officer Wilson in my opinion. However, the fact that we have city prosecutors running these Grand Jury deliberations which involve death at the hands of law enforcement,  leaves too much room for bias and corruption. Changes need to be made to this system, whereby these particular  Grand Jury cases are run by independent special investigators. Until changes are made to this system, the validity of these types of Grand Jury cases will always be subject to scrutiny.

Ohio St. BuckeyesCleveland IndiansCleveland CavaliersIndianapolis ColtsColumbus Blue Jackets
Progressives gnaw away at the pillars of our society as if they were  termites chewing on wood.

Saluki

• I'd never join a club that would have me as a
  • -Nutter-
  • I've made a huge mistake
Re: Thee Official Eric Garner Choking Threadre
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 08:52:51 am »
Quit being an agitator
Southern Illinois SalukisPittsburgh PiratesChicago BullsPittsburgh SteelersPittsburgh Penguins
I'm more muscular than you /s/ Tudo

Turd Ferguson

• PITNCC Martyr
  • -Nutter-
  • The chat is always better when I am around
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 11:19:45 am »
Moodell is a god damnt agitator-lover
Turd - I have never really bought into the genius that is Turd.  I know he is well loved and considered a great poster.  His brand of humor just doesn't do it for me.

Saluki

• -Nutter-
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 01:05:58 pm »
agitatorshark
Southern Illinois SalukisPittsburgh PiratesChicago BullsPittsburgh SteelersPittsburgh Penguins

Learjet89

• -Nutter-
  • -Fact Checker-
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 01:18:00 pm »
Is this where I come for the free racks?
Xavier MusketeersCincinnati RedsCincinnati Bengals

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 03:45:12 pm »
This Republican disagrees with you:

http://news.yahoo.com/peter-king-eric-garner-obese-i-cant-breathe-video-044205429.html

Regardless, the Grand Jury didn't indict him, so clearly he did nothing wrong.  /s/ morons who used that argument with Darren Wilson.   :uhh

Yes, you're right.  The good ole boy relationship between the cops and the local prosecutor is a joke.  In Ferguson as well as in New York City.
Colorado St. RamsColorado RockiesDenver NuggetsBuffalo BillsBuffalo Sabres
"I took all the same classes as you at a much bigger D1 school."  :lol

JohnPaul

• -Member-
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 07:14:02 pm »
The cops used excessive force when the man was down . Did he resist arrest prior to video taping ?
When  you have 8-9 officers on scene , he should of been uncuffed and put in a correct anatomical position conducive to respiratory agreement.
  The medical 1st responder at no time initiated oxygen therapy during the 1st 3-4 minutes on scene.
Standard Medical Operation Procedure was breached .

yea the guy was big ...but so what . He was selling single cigarettes on the street . Sure , it's a crime but you have to use rational judgement .
  To  make my final decision , I will need to know what happened prior to the video taping and the history of this man with police officers .

Justin NoCal

• Dickpuss Penegor, PhD.
  • -Nutter-
  • leave the gun, take the cannolis
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 07:37:46 pm »
He had 31 prior arrests.
California Golden BearsSan Francisco GiantsSacramento KingsWashington Redskins
Elevate, excavate, eliminate.

rocket625

• Go Raiders
  • -Member-
  • Rip Curl
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 07:43:29 pm »
This Republican disagrees with you:

http://news.yahoo.com/peter-king-eric-garner-obese-i-cant-breathe-video-044205429.html

Regardless, the Grand Jury didn't indict him, so clearly he did nothing wrong.  /s/ morons who used that argument with Darren Wilson.   :uhh

Yes, you're right.  The good ole boy relationship between the cops and the local prosecutor is a joke.  In Ferguson as well as in New York City.

The cops were just collecting a TAX.   maybe if cigarettes weren't 13 bux a pack this wouldn't have happened?
UCSB GauchosLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersOakland RaidersLos Angeles Kings

JohnPaul

• -Member-
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2014, 07:59:58 pm »
He had 31 prior arrests.
That's a lot of cuffing . So he has an extensive history and maybe he has resisted arrest in the past . I'm sure the Grand Jury heard all the evidence .
  I will abide by their decision and rest my case .

Spaz

• Pimp
  • -Member-
  • Fresh KING of Bel-Air
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2014, 08:20:46 pm »
Look pore people if ur asked by da cops to shut da fvck up n be arested u do that or u die got it
UCLA BruinsLos Angeles DodgersGolden State WarriorsNew England PatriotsSan Jose Sharks
Don't fuk with me or I'll kick ur ass boi

Saluki

• -Nutter-
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 08:23:16 pm »
That's a lot of cuffing . So he has an extensive history and maybe he has resisted arrest in the past . I'm sure the Grand Jury heard all the evidence .
  I will abide by their decision and rest my case .

which it wouldn't have if the killer wasn't a cop. the prosecutor's job isn't to present both sides. to a grand jury. that's for a trial. if this was knucklehead 1 versus knucklehead 2, the arrests never would've been in play. there probably needs to be something separate from a grand jury for cops, though i've no clue how constitutional that would be, what with my no law degree and such.

Jeff in MD

• the M.D. is in the house
  • -Nutter-
  • 2012 Stucknut NFL Pool Champion
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2014, 10:04:18 pm »
Cops across the country basically have carte blanche to do whatever they want whenever they want because they know the local prosecutor is in their back pocket. It's shameful. A few years back a Maryland cop beat a UMD student half to death, and even though he was convicted at the time his "sentence" was a suspended sentence and 30 days home arrest. :uhh

Then in September the conviction was overturned even though the beating was videotaped.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/09/only-on-7-police-officer-s-conviction-tossed-out-in-umd-beating-case-caught-on-video-107429.html

These cases need to be brought to the federal level with a non-biased special prosecutor and non-biased special investigators or this trend will continue. Most cops are good hard-working people who became cops for the right reasons but without putting certain procedures in place the rogue cops will always get away with their shit.
Maryland TerrapinsWashington NationalsWashington WizardsWashington RedskinsWashington Capitals

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2014, 10:09:56 pm »
No, I'm sorry but if the grand jury doesn't indict, the officer's actions are vindicated.

/s/

morons
Colorado St. RamsColorado RockiesDenver NuggetsBuffalo BillsBuffalo Sabres
"I took all the same classes as you at a much bigger D1 school."  :lol

rocket625

• Go Raiders
  • -Member-
  • Rip Curl
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2014, 10:24:04 pm »
No, I'm sorry but if the grand jury doesn't indict, the officer's actions are vindicated.

/s/

morons
the city will pay out 9 mildo on this thing, no reason for it.  throw the guy in the wagon and go.
UCSB GauchosLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersOakland RaidersLos Angeles Kings