Author Topic: Jim Rome makes $25-$30M a year?  (Read 2123 times)

magic_uno

• -Member-
Jim Rome makes $25-$30M a year?
« on: January 07, 2015, 06:51:34 pm »
While listening to the local hacks here in town (670AM), one of the hosts said Rome makes $25M a year.

Then his partner said "I thought it was 30?"

:o

Either way, that's a lot of JACK.

Must be nice.
Illinois Fighting IlliniChicago White SoxChicago BullsChicago BearsChicago Blackhawks

John in Nashville

• 16 in the clip and one in the hole.
  • -Nutter-
  • Georgetown Sucks!
Re: Jim Rome makes $25-$30M a year?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 07:24:48 pm »
Good for him who gives a shit.
Syracuse OrangeNew York YankeesNew York KnicksNew York GiantsNashville Predators

JohnPaul

• -Member-
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 08:06:46 pm »
obviously Rome gives a shyt . He talks incessantly about the salary of athletes and coaches (i.e , Jim Harbaugh today , Rex Ryan etc.)
     So yeah , I kinda want to know the jack he's bringing in .

p.s. can you go back to the "Toothpaste " thread  ;D

PopsGeez

• best poster on stucknut
  • -Member-
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 08:50:16 pm »

people on a jim rome fan site

that's nice coin for Rome, props to him for not retiring years ago and sitting on his current fortune.  his show may have been better "x" years ago but it still shits on anything else in the 12-3 timeslot  (Cowherd/SVP suck, Rich Eisen is just another guy and i don't even know who NBC has).

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 08:53:04 pm »
While listening to the local hacks here in town (670AM), one of the hosts said Rome makes $25M a year.

Then his partner said "I thought it was 30?"

:o

Either way, that's a lot of JACK.

Must be nice.

and you believed the jealous local hacks?
Texas LonghornsHouston AstrosHouston RocketsCleveland Browns

toptenguy

• -Member-
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 08:59:23 pm »
Just for the record, I remember 2 years ago when he actually adressed this rumor on his show, and said something like "And about the rumors of my salary, if I really made that kind of jack, no offense to you clones, but I'd be lying on a beach drinking a sapphire at this very moment."   

magic_uno

• -Member-
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 09:30:09 pm »
and you believed the jealous local hacks?

Those local hacks are banking too.  Rumor is Terry Boers makes $500K and his partner, Dan Bernstein, is probably close to $1M.
Illinois Fighting IlliniChicago White SoxChicago BullsChicago BearsChicago Blackhawks

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • The Anti-Nutter
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 07:24:08 pm »
Those local hacks are banking too.  Rumor is Terry Boers makes $500K and his partner, Dan Bernstein, is probably close to $1M.

I don't know which market you're in, but as a general rule,  radio hosts don't make money.  Sure, if you're nationally syndicated you can pull in coin, but local hacks probably barely scrape 30 grand/yr
Boise St. BroncosChicago CubsBoston CelticsMiami Dolphins

THEmikeinindy

• -Member-
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 09:25:44 pm »

I don't know which market you're in, but as a general rule,  radio hosts don't make money.  Sure, if you're nationally syndicated you can pull in coin, but local hacks probably barely scrape 30 grand/yr

In a market like LA or Chicago etc I'd think 6 figures would be possible for a local nonsyndicated show. Last offer I got was 38k w bennies.

toptenguy

• -Member-
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 06:30:53 am »

Now I can picture Wolfie and the Lunatic sharing a 1 room studio apartment in the slums.

Beavis in KC

• -Nutter-
  • What the fvck are you looking at?
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2015, 07:08:21 am »
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/jim-rome-net-worth/

Not $25 million but more than I thought it would be.  Go ahead, Romey.

:koolaid

Kansas St. WildcatsKansas City RoyalsGolden State WarriorsKansas City ChiefsDetroit Red Wings
2016 Stucknut Member of the Year

toptenguy

• -Member-
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2015, 07:25:10 am »
Damn, I'd apologize to band geeks too, if the people paying me that kind of money told me to.

PopsGeez

• best poster on stucknut
  • -Member-
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2015, 03:56:11 pm »
Damn, I'd apologize to band geeks too, if the people paying me that kind of money told me to.

haha this is true

Rome gets the last laugh because he'll still continue his show based around bullying while these band geeks spend 8 hours a day practicing something that nobody watches at half time because they want to load up on food and alcohol

Pat from New York

• -Member-
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2015, 03:53:12 am »
He's saving money to hundreds of radio stations (mgmt) who'd have to develop their own local midday talent   Here in NYC (WFAN) alone it took over 20 years and many hosts before they settled on a highly rated midday show (Joe & Evan).

It's economical just to pay for Jim Rome's audience and be done with it hence millions for him

Bill_in_Phoenix

• -Member-
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 06:06:05 pm »
that's nice coin for Rome, props to him for not retiring years ago and sitting on his current fortune.  his show may have been better "x" years ago but it still shits on anything else in the 12-3 timeslot  (Cowherd/SVP suck, Rich Eisen is just another guy and i don't even know who NBC has).
Must concur with this.  Simple supply and demand.  Even though the show sucks horse cack now, someone at CBS wanted it.

The story around Scottsdale is that Rome rented the 4 biggest casitas at The Phonecian for his family and a few of the Crew.  Whatever his bankroll, he doesn't appear afraid to spend it.  Do it.
Western Michigan BroncosSt. Louis CardinalsPhoenix SunsSt Louis Blues
Get off my lawn