Author Topic: Best rap album of all time?  (Read 2689 times)

Saluki

• I'd never join a club that would have me as a
  • -Nutter-
  • I've made a huge mistake
Re: Best rap album of all time?
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2015, 12:23:17 pm »
1. NWA - Straight Outta Compton - ushered in the gangsta era EZ, Ice Cube, MC Ren, Dr. Dre & DJ Yella

2. Public Enemy - Fear Of A Black Planet Chuck D, Flava Flav, Terminator X - featured  "Fight The Power" the song in Spike Lee's "Do The Right Thing" and was voted best rap song ever

3. Eric B. & Rakim - Paid In Full - one of the best dj/rapper combo's evah. Rakim is considered one of the best lyricists of all time

4. NAS - Illimatic - just about the time Rakim was fading; in steps NAS.

5. 2Pac-All Eyez On Me & Notorius Big Life After Death- wow. what could've been if these two had stayed alive.  2Pacs album was out and the seminal video to "I Aint Mad at 'Cha" eerily portrays 2Pac being shot.... . BIG's album came out after his death and thus was a huge seller.  the album cover shows him standing @ the back of a hearse....

Honorable mention:
Run-DMC - King of Rock
Ice Cube - AmeriKKas Most Wanted & Death Certificate
Wu Tang - Everything :lol

I can't argue against any of that.

I'd add Jay Z's "The Blueprint." Just a solid listen from start to finish. Beastie Boys' "Paul Boutique" is the same. Not one bad song. Eric B & Rakim "Paid In Full." Another top-to-bottom killer.

Man, I used to be a rap kid :lol but I am clueless about the new stuff. :/

Southern Illinois SalukisPittsburgh PiratesChicago BullsPittsburgh SteelersPittsburgh Penguins
I'm more muscular than you /s/ Tudo

frankinhouston

• -Member-
  • Hello!
    • @harryhooper8
Re: Best rap album of all time?
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2015, 10:13:09 pm »
3 pages and finally NWA, jiminy. WAR wireman.

f

Texas A&M AggiesHouston AstrosHouston RocketsHouston Texans