Author Topic: NFL Hall  (Read 578 times)

Front Porch

• Rat bastard
  • -Security-
NFL Hall
« on: January 31, 2015, 10:37:34 pm »
It doesn't get the same scrutiny as Baseball and 8 seems like a lot.

I am surprised as to my mind Bettis isn't a Hall guy.  I mean you look at the numbers and sure but at no point did I really think he was one of the greatest RBs of his era. 

Shields, Brown and Seau are ok with me. 

Also not sure I would go with Polian and Wolf.  The bar feels too low for front office guys.

Loves to Spooge

• -Member-
Re: NFL Hall
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 10:39:15 pm »
Are you drunk right now?
New Mexico St. AggiesAtlanta BravesDallas MavericksDallas Cowboys
الحياة على الشاطئ لكن ذلك الانفلات معي

Front Porch

• Rat bastard
  • -Security-
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 10:41:28 pm »
No

Norman in Norman

• RIP Mike in Sandy Eggo
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 10:41:50 pm »
WHY
Oklahoma SoonersSt. Louis CardinalsOklahoma City ThunderHouston Texans
Mohrrior

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • The Anti-Nutter
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 03:37:24 am »
Kickers get no love.   The games all time leading scorer is not In the Hall of Fame.
Boise St. BroncosChicago CubsBoston CelticsMiami Dolphins

Saluki

• I'd never join a club that would have me as a
  • -Nutter-
  • I've made a huge mistake
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 11:09:50 am »
It doesn't get the same scrutiny as Baseball and 8 seems like a lot.

I am surprised as to my mind Bettis isn't a Hall guy.  I mean you look at the numbers and sure but at no point did I really think he was one of the greatest RBs of his era. 

Shields, Brown and Seau are ok with me. 

Also not sure I would go with Polian and Wolf.  The bar feels too low for front office guys.

Good thing you're not a voter. Bussie is fourth in carries, sixth in yards and was the best closer in the game from the mid 90s to the early 2000s. He was also the unquestioned leader of those Steelers teams, and that can't be understated. Bettis should buy the Post-Gazette's Ed Bouchette a beer next time he's "dahn the Polish club." Eddie B has been fighting for him since his first year of eligibility.

Bettis will be one of the last guys Steelers get into the HOF for a while. Troy will be enshrined at some point. Ben has a good chance. I don't see Faneca getting the votes. James Harrison will be like Terrell Davis, great for a short time.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 11:12:10 am by Saluki »
Southern Illinois SalukisPittsburgh PiratesChicago BullsPittsburgh SteelersPittsburgh Penguins
I'm more muscular than you /s/ Tudo

Moodell

• International Brotherhood of Geniuses Local 163
  • -Nutter-
  • "Life is too serious to be taken seriously."
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 11:34:58 am »

Bettis will be one of the last guys Steelers get into the HOF for a while. Troy will be enshrined at some point. Ben has a good chance. I don't see Faneca getting the votes. James Harrison will be like Terrell Davis, great for a short time.
Agreed, though I believe Andy Russell's accomplishments are HOF worthy.
Ohio St. BuckeyesCleveland IndiansCleveland CavaliersIndianapolis ColtsColumbus Blue Jackets
Progressives gnaw away at the pillars of our society as if they were  termites chewing on wood.

Front Porch

• Rat bastard
  • -Security-
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 12:21:40 pm »
Good thing you're not a voter. Bussie is fourth in carries, sixth in yards and was the best closer in the game from the mid 90s to the early 2000s. He was also the unquestioned leader of those Steelers teams, and that can't be understated. Bettis should buy the Post-Gazette's Ed Bouchette a beer next time he's "dahn the Polish club." Eddie B has been fighting for him since his first year of eligibility.

Did you ever really think he was a great RB or that special.  Much of his numbers have move to do with having a long career more than a great career.  He only averaged over 4 yards per carry in 3 seasons.  He provided nothing in the passing game. 

As for other Steelers, Ben and Troy will get in.  No doubt in mind both get there.  I think Ward gets in but would put him close to Bettis as a fringe guy who gets in more because he is popular than great.  Ward may get hurt though as his numbers won't look as impressive with the passing changes though. 

It is a bit interesting given how good the D was that they won't get more guys into HOF but I can't think of who else should be there.  Almost based on that I think Harrison will get in but agree his impact was a bit short. 

Saluki

• I'd never join a club that would have me as a
  • -Nutter-
  • I've made a huge mistake
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 12:27:39 pm »
I've never bought into a guy's ability to have a long career as a detriment to his HOF chances. Bettis averaged 1,000-plus yards a season for his career. How many guys can say that? Thirty-eight fumbles in almost 3,500 carries? That's pretty salty too. BTW, it doesn't matter whether you think he's a hall-of-famer. He's in the hall.
Southern Illinois SalukisPittsburgh PiratesChicago BullsPittsburgh SteelersPittsburgh Penguins
I'm more muscular than you /s/ Tudo

Front Porch

• Rat bastard
  • -Security-
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2015, 12:41:35 pm »
I am not holding a long career against him.  I am holding a lack of dynamic seasons and or yards per carry.  He averaged 3.9 per carry, I am holding that against him.  That is average and not outstanding.

See you call it holding a long career as a detriment but to my mind you are rewarding him for a long career.

He is in, I don't care that much as it is hard to ignore the final numbers but his greatest power was staying healthy.

PopsGeez

• best poster on stucknut
  • -Member-
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2015, 05:14:15 pm »
bettis was hella over rated as far as being an all time great but he had a great enough career

he was never as good as Curtis Martin or Marshall Faulk during any point of his career lol

Spaz

• Pimp
  • -Member-
  • Fresh KING of Bel-Air
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2015, 08:36:01 pm »
how about my boy marshaun lynch in the hall of fame why isnt that hapening?? do u relly think bettis is beter then him??
UCLA BruinsLos Angeles DodgersGolden State WarriorsNew England PatriotsSan Jose Sharks
Don't fuk with me or I'll kick ur ass boi

Skullet

• Ethan's Point Guard
  • -Nutter-
  • NFL Pool Champ 2005
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 08:37:22 pm »
how about my boy marshaun lynch in the hall of fame why isnt that hapening?? do u relly think bettis is beter then him??
idiot, Lynch is still playing
Sam Houston St. BearcatsHouston AstrosHouston RocketsHouston Texans

Spaz

• Pimp
  • -Member-
  • Fresh KING of Bel-Air
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2015, 08:38:57 pm »
ya i no hes kicking asses in da super bowl u fukin moron
UCLA BruinsLos Angeles DodgersGolden State WarriorsNew England PatriotsSan Jose Sharks
Don't fuk with me or I'll kick ur ass boi