Author Topic: Cowherd vs Patrick  (Read 2022 times)

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
Cowherd vs Patrick
« on: February 03, 2015, 03:18:33 pm »
Colin Cowherd had the following take about Dan Patrick and his lack of show prep....

http://thebiglead.com/2015/02/02/video-colin-cowherd-rips-dan-patrick-he-needs-35-producers-to-fill-a-segment/

Colin Cowherd discussed Johnny Manzielís entering rehab on his ESPN radio show today. He spoke about everyone who was ripping Skip Bayless for calling Manziel an alcoholic (Drew Magary had a good column decrying those naysayers last month), and said that while he wouldnít use that specific word, he knows how hard live TV/radio is, and respects Baylessís work ethic. Then Cowherd veered into this tangent:
Iíve worked in this business 35 years. Skip outworks all of us. The hardest working guy when I got into this business was Jim Rome Ö That guy grinds it every day. You donít know anybody that works like him. This radio business Iím in is full of guys who read the sports page and rip crap off. Iím here three hours a day. So is Rome-y. Dan Patrick doesnít work as hard as Rome ó not even close. Thatís why Iíve always respected Rome-y. He puts the time in. Patrick needs 35 producers to fill a segment.

it's nice to see him give credit to romey for his hard work  :koolaid
but really, how hard can it be nowadays to fill a show, especially with constant story lines being developed via social media?  i'm sure you could get by on 5 minutes prep and just go with the flow with calls and tweets 
 referee2
Texas LonghornsHouston AstrosHouston RocketsCleveland Browns

Loves to Spooge

• -Member-
Re: Cowherd vs Patrick
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 05:12:32 pm »
And then this
New Mexico St. AggiesAtlanta BravesDallas MavericksDallas Cowboys
الحياة على الشاطئ لكن ذلك الانفلات معي

toolshed

• -Tards-
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 05:37:16 pm »
Patrick is easily the best guy on radio.
I am Yesus

Beavis in KC

• -Nutter-
  • What the fvck are you looking at?
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 06:07:32 pm »
Colin Cowherd had the following take about Dan Patrick and his lack of show prep....

http://thebiglead.com/2015/02/02/video-colin-cowherd-rips-dan-patrick-he-needs-35-producers-to-fill-a-segment/

Colin Cowherd discussed Johnny Manzielís entering rehab on his ESPN radio show today. He spoke about everyone who was ripping Skip Bayless for calling Manziel an alcoholic (Drew Magary had a good column decrying those naysayers last month), and said that while he wouldnít use that specific word, he knows how hard live TV/radio is, and respects Baylessís work ethic. Then Cowherd veered into this tangent:

it's nice to see him give credit to romey for his hard work  :koolaid
but really, how hard can it be nowadays to fill a show, especially with constant story lines being developed via social media?  i'm sure you could get by on 5 minutes prep and just go with the flow with calls and tweets 
 referee2

You can if you're good.  Although I don't listen much anymore Rome is still the best.

Kansas St. WildcatsKansas City RoyalsGolden State WarriorsKansas City ChiefsDetroit Red Wings
2016 Stucknut Member of the Year

Thoreau

• Who
  • Who Mad
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 07:15:02 pm »
"Enjoy your show. Enjoy your life. Because it will be over one day, and nobody will care."

Fvck Colon Cowturds
Cincinnati BearcatsCincinnati RedsLos Angeles LakersCincinnati Bengals
Hoo

Front Porch

• Rat bastard
  • -Security-
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 07:22:54 pm »
nice melt Dan

PopsGeez

• best poster on stucknut
  • -Member-
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 07:36:21 pm »
dan patrick went IN

both guys must hate each other

Saluki

• I'd never join a club that would have me as a
  • -Nutter-
  • I've made a huge mistake
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 07:46:51 pm »
I would rather listen to The Rock Show than Cowherd. Seriously.
Southern Illinois SalukisPittsburgh PiratesChicago BullsPittsburgh SteelersPittsburgh Penguins
I'm more muscular than you /s/ Tudo

John in Nashville

• 16 in the clip and one in the hole.
  • -Nutter-
  • Georgetown Sucks!
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 11:52:53 pm »
I would rather listen to The Rock Show than Cowherd. Seriously.

I would rather listen to my wife getting raped by a pack of wild boars on 8 hours of repeat than listen to cowherd.
Syracuse OrangeNew York YankeesNew York KnicksNew York GiantsNashville Predators

Loves to Spooge

• -Member-
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 11:55:38 pm »
I'm just glad Romey got the respect he deserves
New Mexico St. AggiesAtlanta BravesDallas MavericksDallas Cowboys
الحياة على الشاطئ لكن ذلك الانفلات معي

Bill_in_Phoenix

• -Member-
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 06:48:25 pm »
Change that to "deserved" and you might be on to something.  Colon Cowturd is a blowhard.  He continually calls himself a common guy, then launches into how tough it was to drive to work in the snow because he lives in a big house on the top of a hill somewhere.  I remember the old saws about Rome waking up at 4 am to read the sports sections of a bunch of papers to get material for the show.  And if that's even 1/3 right, then cool.  But that day has long come and gone.   Accounting for all the 10-second pregnant pauses, the show is now about 2:15. 

Let's be honest:  Patrick, Cowturd and VanFizzle have staffs and resources that are vastly larger than the names they mention on the air (Fox, ESPN, CBS respectively).  You don't think Colon doesn't call up ESPN's stat service asking for data to slide into his show?  There's no Phone Slap Jr. making calls during the show trying to line up guests--this all happens days in advance.  Ditto with Cowturd and Patrick.  They talk to the same analysts at the same time every week.

I'll take the old Rome vs. Kornhole fight.  That shit was personal.
Western Michigan BroncosSt. Louis CardinalsPhoenix SunsSt Louis Blues
Get off my lawn

Norman in Norman

• RIP Mike in Sandy Eggo
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2015, 08:54:42 pm »
I would rather listen to my wife getting raped by a pack of wild boars on 8 hours of repeat than listen to cowherd.
2st  :lol
Oklahoma SoonersSt. Louis CardinalsOklahoma City ThunderHouston Texans
Mohrrior

DrewInDTLA

• -Jungle Twitter Posse-
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 01:43:18 am »
Cowherd seemed slightly psychotic in that clip.

The reason Rome "grinds" is because he is working with show writers on his script, and bits and what not. He cant be natural on the air like Patrick can. Also, i dont think Rome watches that much sports on TV anymore, so he is forced to "grind" and find out what happened

I respect that these guys arent afraid to say eachothers name on the air. Rome acts like other hosts dont exist.
One time Adam Sandler said "dan patrick" during a radio row interview, and rome sounded super pissed.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 02:03:15 am by DrewInDTLA »
Oakland AthleticsGolden State WarriorsOakland Raiders

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 08:14:44 am »
I respect that these guys arent afraid to say eachothers name on the air. Rome acts like other hosts dont exist.
One time Adam Sandler said "dan patrick" during a radio row interview, and rome sounded super pissed.

but romey still gives credit to former producers and crew members, right?
Texas LonghornsHouston AstrosHouston RocketsCleveland Browns

need_boost

• Never Fourget Fourloko
  • -Nutter-
  • You are shitty. Turd told me so
    • @need_boost
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 09:27:08 am »
Dan Patrick with the Dannettes > everyone
Texas-El Paso MinersDetroit TigersDetroit PistonsSan Francisco 49ersDetroit Red Wings
One man's trash is another man's daughter