Author Topic: Hey Tudo  (Read 1031 times)

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • The Anti-Nutter
Hey Tudo
« on: February 04, 2015, 03:54:55 pm »
I'm struggling with the whole idea behind the anti-vaxxer movement.  The link to autism has been debunked over and over again.  Diseases that were nearly eradicated are now coming back.  bla bla bla.

My point is that it seems like these anti-vaxxers are always these right wing nut jobs.

Now I've been trying to avoid this forum because I don't think anybody has ever changed their political viewpoint based on what they read on Stucknut, but since you're pretty much the most right-winged conservative I know, I thought maybe you could shed some light on this topic for me.

What do you guys have against science?  What did science ever do to you?
Boise St. BroncosChicago CubsBoston CelticsMiami Dolphins

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • The Anti-Nutter
Re: Hey Tudo
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 03:56:55 pm »
Yeah, this could have been done through private message....  but I truly want to know your opinion on these anti-vaxxer ass clowns.

Justin NoCal

• Dickpuss Penegor, PhD.
  • -Nutter-
  • leave the gun, take the cannolis
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 03:58:51 pm »
First time I heard of the term "anti-vaxxer"

You must be some super awesome hipster fag.

Anyways, we talking poliohands(hi rede) type vaccines or influenza? Or is this lumped in with the antivaxxer movement or whatever the fvck you call it.
California Golden BearsSan Francisco GiantsSacramento KingsWashington Redskins
Elevate, excavate, eliminate.

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • The Anti-Nutter
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 05:41:37 pm »
First time I heard of the term "anti-vaxxer"

If your life didn't revolve around a Jim Loam website with a chat function, you probably would have heard the term before.  Like, I don't know, maybe in the news, on tv, radio, magazines, or all over other websites.

Front Porch

• Rat bastard
  • -Security-
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 05:46:59 pm »
What I find interesting is how both sides have almost flipped from the abortion argument.

Republicans are suddenly supporting choice and the my body my rules take and Dems are suddenly supporting life in this argument and that all lives should be considered. 

Now for the argument.  I can't think of many things that are mandatory in this country and anything that comes across as mandatory from a Government agency is going to be filled with suspicion and distrust.  I think it has less to do with science than having things mandated to be done.

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • The Anti-Nutter
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 05:51:02 pm »
Now for the argument.  I can't think of many things that are mandatory in this country and anything that comes across as mandatory from a Government agency is going to be filled with suspicion and distrust.  I think it has less to do with science than having things mandated to be done.

That's an argument that I understand (disagree with it but understand it).  However, it seems (anecdotally, at least) that the argument for not-vaccinating is always centered around the averse health implications that vaccinations may have on children.  That's not a "government intrusion" argument as much as it is an uninformed "vaccinations are harmful" argument.

Front Porch

• Rat bastard
  • -Security-
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 06:25:22 pm »
That's an argument that I understand (disagree with it but understand it).  However, it seems (anecdotally, at least) that the argument for not-vaccinating is always centered around the averse health implications that vaccinations may have on children.  That's not a "government intrusion" argument as much as it is an uninformed "vaccinations are harmful" argument.

Anecdotally being you know or people you see on/in media?

If it is the media I would say the crazies are a much more interesting story than a reasonable argument. Also given many shows seem to have a tilt to one side or the other using the extreme crazies is a lot easier to make look stupid and win the argument. 

If it is people you know maybe you should reconsider your friendships.  Anecdotally I don't know anyone who fears vaccinations and think they are harmful.  Of course this is not a subject that comes up very often so who knows what they think.

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • The Anti-Nutter
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 07:03:09 pm »
Anecdotally being you know or people you see on/in media?

If it is the media I would say the crazies are a much more interesting story than a reasonable argument. Also given many shows seem to have a tilt to one side or the other using the extreme crazies is a lot easier to make look stupid and win the argument. 

If it is people you know maybe you should reconsider your friendships.  Anecdotally I don't know anyone who fears vaccinations and think they are harmful.  Of course this is not a subject that comes up very often so who knows what they think.

Anecdotally,  as in local parents speaking out to local media outlets.  I hadn't really seen much nationally until just recently.

testudo

• Stucknut historian (y'all don't want this)
  • -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 08:01:11 pm »
The problem is there's a few diseases that were eradicated from North America.   Measles,  Smallpox,  Mumps, TB... there's a few more...  whooping cough,  scarlet fever...

Didn't even need those vaccines anymore.

Well,  until the Obama administration decided they wanted to stop enforcing immigration laws and all several hundred thousand children to cross the border... and then started shipping them around the country.   

To sanctuary Cities and States mostly.   NYC and California...   guess where the biggest outbreaks are?   Exactly right.   California and NYC.

Then the shit press and the libtards,  who created the problem in the first place,   combine to blame it on "Crazy Republicans that are scared of Science."     And it works.   Works everytime they do it.

It's really a pretty ingenious political ploy.  1. Cause the problem.  2. Blame it on republicans 3.  get the shit liberal press to interview a couple libertarians --but call them nutjob republicans---that are on camera rejecting the notion that the government should be able to  order them what they have to do with their medical care and their children's bodies...   (Same argument libtards make over the mere threat of their precious abortion being outlawed.   )

And then here we are.   You get what we have here now.

Maryland TerrapinsBaltimore OriolesWashington WizardsBaltimore RavensWashington Capitals

Saluki

• I'd never join a club that would have me as a
  • -Nutter-
  • I've made a huge mistake
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 08:07:44 pm »

Well,  until the Obama administration decided they wanted to stop enforcing immigration laws and all several hundred thousand children to cross the border... and then started shipping them around the country.   

Children with no money usually spend a lot of time at Disneyland.
Southern Illinois SalukisPittsburgh PiratesChicago BullsPittsburgh SteelersPittsburgh Penguins
I'm more muscular than you /s/ Tudo

frankinhouston

• -Member-
    • @harryhooper8
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 08:23:03 pm »
What I find interesting is how both sides have almost flipped from the abortion argument.

Republicans are suddenly supporting choice and the my body my rules take and Dems are suddenly supporting life in this argument and that all lives should be considered. 

hey asshole, non vaccinated children are alive and living outside the womb. fetuses have not formed thought processes. pull your head out of your ass.

f
Texas A&M AggiesHouston AstrosHouston RocketsHouston Texans

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • The Anti-Nutter
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2015, 08:38:46 pm »
The problem is there's a few diseases that were eradicated from North America.   Measles,  Smallpox,  Mumps, TB... there's a few more...  whooping cough,  scarlet fever...

Didn't even need those vaccines anymore.

To sanctuary Cities and States mostly.   NYC and California...   guess where the biggest outbreaks are?   Exactly right.   California and NYC.

Then the shit press and the libtards,  who created the problem in the first place,   combine to blame it on "Crazy Republicans that are scared of Science."     And it works.   Works everytime they do it.

It's really a pretty ingenious political ploy.  1. Cause the problem.  2. Blame it on republicans 3.  get the shit liberal press to interview a couple libertarians --but call them nutjob republicans---that are on camera rejecting the notion that the government should be able to  order them what they have to do with their medical care and their children's bodies...   (Same argument libtards make over the mere threat of their precious abortion being outlawed.   )

And then here we are.   You get what we have here now.

It's an interesting take but Mexican kids are vaccinated at a higher rate than American kids.

Front Porch

• Rat bastard
  • -Security-
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2015, 09:10:05 pm »
hey asshole, non vaccinated children are alive and living outside the womb. fetuses have not formed thought processes. pull your head out of your ass.

f

I am not even sure what your point is. 

testudo

• Stucknut historian (y'all don't want this)
  • -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2015, 09:20:24 pm »
It's an interesting take but Mexican kids are vaccinated at a higher rate than American kids.

that's a "thinkprogress.com" take.   Which is a liberal outlet and is of course twisting the stat.

"Eradicated" means "gone."

"gone" means there's no need to vaccinate for the disease anymore.

A "higher rate" of vacccination in a third world country where the disease has NOT been eradicated makes sense.   Of course, all it takes is one immigrant with the disease who hasn't been vaccinated to make it across the border.   

The Native Americans learned that lesson when our ancestors arrived here.  We basically are employing the same immigration policy that native americans had before they figured out what was happening and started fighting it.    They just figured it out too late.
Maryland TerrapinsBaltimore OriolesWashington WizardsBaltimore RavensWashington Capitals

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • The Anti-Nutter
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2015, 09:34:10 pm »
that's a "thinkprogress.com" take.   Which is a liberal outlet and is of course twisting the stat.

"Eradicated" means "gone."

"gone" means there's no need to vaccinate for the disease anymore.

A "higher rate" of vacccination in a third world country where the disease has NOT been eradicated makes sense.   Of course, all it takes is one immigrant with the disease who hasn't been vaccinated to make it across the border.   

The Native Americans learned that lesson when our ancestors arrived here.  We basically are employing the same immigration policy that native americans had before they figured out what was happening and started fighting it.    They just figured it out too late.

Medical eradication is defined by reducing a global population to a negligible amount.  By all medical definitions, Measles were eradicated.