Author Topic: Smacktionary 2.0  (Read 3138 times)

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
Smacktionary 2.0
« on: February 20, 2015, 09:25:07 am »
Remember the Jim Rome Smacktionary? http://jimrome.stucknut.com/smacktionary.php
It was a list of terms and gloss on the old jimrome.com website.  I don't think they've
updated the list since 2005.  In fact, it's no longer listed on their website.  I guess it's up
to us (or just me  :uhh) to carry on the tradition.

Use this thread to suggest new terms and definitions.  I'll copy the good ones to a new
Smacktionary page and we'll try to keep it as updated as possible.  I'll delete the bad
suggestions.    :police:

Examples:
The Hoodie - Coach Bill Belichick for always wearing a hoodie jacket on the sidelines
Aaronthal - Former New England Patriot TE Aaron Hernandez who is accused of murdering 3 people 
Texas LonghornsHouston AstrosHouston RocketsCleveland Browns

toptenguy

• -Member-
Re: Smacktionary 2.0
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 09:37:52 am »
"We have a great show today" = We have 5 interviews plus 1 solid hour of horse talk today

"This guy gets it, and can carry a whole segment by himself"  =  This guy can string together the occasional complete sentence.

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 09:46:56 am »
you're on the right track, but thats not gloss.

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 09:59:12 am »
Common soundbytes work too.

FAT! - Excerpt from Mike Gundy's famous rant
That's 2 for me! - Ray Lewis after his 2nd Super Bowl win

toptenguy

• -Member-
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 11:57:39 am »
BIG LLYYLLEEE!!!  =  Jim and Kyle's magical moment under the stars during that unforgettable Kentucky weekend.

BigDomeShow

• -Member-
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 01:51:02 pm »
Fill in your own DEF's for these:

JStew
Whitey
'Trevor'
BISP
BOHICA
CAA (pronounced 'kah')
crank
wrestling

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 02:27:10 pm »
Fill in your own DEF's for these:

JStew
Whitey
'Trevor'
BISP
BOHICA
CAA (pronounced 'kah')
crank
wrestling

:uhh thanks

J-Stew - I'll probably just link his Wiki page  :lol
Whitey - Former engineer and partial albino Brian Albers.  He inspired Iafrate's winning 2004 Smack-off call with the song "Whitey's Dad"
Trevor - Trapper, per rookie phone screener Wyatt Ferber who had no idea who Trapper was
BISP - Refers to a call from Carl in Rosemead in 2007, which he said "Lebron James wearing a Yankee hat to a Cleveland Indians game is the worst idea since showing up to a party with a boner in sweatpants."
BOHICA - Bend over, here it comes again!  As referenced by Jerome in Nashville in 2007.
CAAF - Cockfighting Across America Foundation
crank - Toby in Houston called with a story about a former coach in a San Antonio health club locker room.  "...foot away from my face, dropped his towel. I look over and there's a crank right in my face...Larry Brown."
wrestling - sex

WarPeteGillen

• A Sub-Par At Best
  • -Nutter-
  • I have a Master's Degree in "Being Shitteah"
    • VeddermanJAK30
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 06:06:11 pm »
Fatty McButterpants = A emailer glossed Phil Mickelson that name around 2004/2005.
Washington RedskinsNew Jersey Devils
jorgejemima in teh chat: @WarPeteGillen your mere existence makes me lose respect for heart disease

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 09:48:22 am »
Got this definition from Wiki
War - Parodying Auburn's battle cry "War Eagle," callers and emailers frequently recite the phrase "War" followed by their favorite team, player, or other activity, to show their fondness of it. "Un-war" is used to note something that has fallen out of favor.

Deca-yeah - 10 "yeah" soundbytes put together by Alvin Delorro, usually played to kick off the Friday shows

Southern Sando - Refers to a picture of Kyle Brandt at a club dancing with a pair of healthy women.  http://locker.stucknut.com/files/steve%2Fsouthernsando.jpg

Justin NoCal

• Dickpuss Penegor, PhD.
  • -Nutter-
  • leave the gun, take the cannolis
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 04:27:21 pm »
Deca-yeah - 10 "yeah" soundbytes put together by Alvin Delorro, usually played to kick off the Friday shows

if my memory serves me correctly, this is right about the time the show REALLY started to suck. thanks, alvie :koolaid
California Golden BearsSan Francisco GiantsSacramento KingsWashington Redskins
Elevate, excavate, eliminate.

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 11:32:39 pm »
:uhh thanks

J-Stew - I'll probably just link his Wiki page  :lol
Whitey - Former engineer and partial albino Brian Albers.  He inspired Iafrate's winning 2004 Smack-off call with the song "Whitey's Dad"
Trevor - Trapper, per rookie phone screener Wyatt Ferber who had no idea who Trapper was
BISP - Refers to a call from Carl in Rosemead in 2007, which he said "Lebron James wearing a Yankee hat to a Cleveland Indians game is the worst idea since showing up to a party with a boner in sweatpants."
BOHICA - Bend over, here it comes again!  As referenced by Jerome in Nashville in 2007.
CAAF - Cockfighting Across America Foundation
crank - Toby in Houston called with a story about a former coach in a San Antonio health club locker room.  "...foot away from my face, dropped his towel. I look over and there's a crank right in my face...Larry Brown."
wrestling - sex

CRANK goes back before the Larry Brown thing, back to when Tom Tolbert told the story about Dr. Boudreaux who University of Arizona players were warned about to watch out for, that guy would spike your drink or something and then take pictures of you with cranks in your face.  Something like that.
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

spookyben

• Round & Round
  • -Member-
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 10:56:56 am »

Anybody else catch Gary McCord at Riviera going Jerome in Nashville this weekend?
Fire up the ferris wheel!

Saluki

• I'd never join a club that would have me as a
  • -Nutter-
  • I've made a huge mistake
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 01:29:48 pm »
My GTA5 crew is BISP. Yeah I'm a loser.
Southern Illinois SalukisPittsburgh PiratesChicago BullsPittsburgh SteelersPittsburgh Penguins
I'm more muscular than you /s/ Tudo

Zickefoose

• -Member-
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2015, 08:01:57 am »
"We have a great show today" = We have 5 interviews plus 1 solid hour of horse talk today

"This guy gets it, and can carry a whole segment by himself"  =  This guy can string together the occasional complete sentence.

"That interview was great. He just has "it". I wonder if he was born with "it" or if he had to grind to get "it"". =  what is said after every other interview.

PopsGeez

• best poster on stucknut
  • -Member-
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2015, 02:16:18 pm »
when jim says he "slammed a 5 hour energy" to stay awake it's secret lingo for did a line of meth