Author Topic: Lead up to the 2015 NFL Draft  (Read 925 times)

Saluki

• I'd never join a club that would have me as a
  • -Nutter-
  • I've made a huge mistake
Lead up to the 2015 NFL Draft
« on: February 22, 2015, 02:02:18 pm »
What are your favorite team's needs?

Steelers need an edge rusher and cornerback help. Might be time to start looking for Heath Miller's replacement. A backup running back with special teams ability would be nice, but I'm thinking they'll go veteran.

Any players to watch from your alma mater?

SIU Tight End MyCole Pruitt. Stud FCS player. Really good athlete. Fast. Good hands. Good vertical. Decent size. Could be stronger on the bench. Here's his NFL.com draft profile: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/mycole-pruitt?id=2552401

Southern Illinois SalukisPittsburgh PiratesChicago BullsPittsburgh SteelersPittsburgh Penguins
I'm more muscular than you /s/ Tudo

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
Re: Lead up to the 2015 NFL Draft
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 10:15:09 pm »
Texans - everything except for the position that JJ Watt plays
Texas LonghornsHouston AstrosHouston RocketsCleveland Browns

Mike in Parma

• Glory, Glory
  • -Nutter-
  • Tottenham Hotspur
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 10:29:20 pm »
Browns - WR big time. D-Line too. Preferrably a good nose tackle or interior lineman. Probably a TE since it's unlikely Jordan Cameron isn't coming back. But that dude is a walking concussion anymore, so meh.
Notre Dame Fighting IrishCleveland IndiansCleveland Browns
 Saluki_Love   "It's good to be loved. Especially anally."

Learjet89

• -Nutter-
  • -Fact Checker-
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 11:16:47 pm »
Bengals-Pass rusher, a DT or DE.  Losing Michael Johnson to free agency last year hurt more than I initially thought it would, so they need someone (or two) who can create a rush up front without needing to blitz.
Xavier MusketeersCincinnati RedsCincinnati Bengals

Nasty

• -Member-
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 11:28:53 pm »
What are your favorite team's needs?

Steelers need an edge rusher and cornerback help. Might be time to start looking for Heath Miller's replacement. A backup running back with special teams ability would be nice, but I'm thinking they'll go veteran.

Any players to watch from your alma mater?

SIU Tight End MyCole Pruitt. Stud FCS player. Really good athlete. Fast. Good hands. Good vertical. Decent size. Could be stronger on the bench. Here's his NFL.com draft profile: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/mycole-pruitt?id=2552401

I get that the thread is about the '15 Draft, but my target to address passing the baton from Heeeeeath to the next monster TE is to see if we can bring in MIA TE Charles Clay.  Clay is VERY underrated, played through injury ALL of last season, is now a UFA and should be very very undervalued.  Clay is the smart play here.  The team that lands him will be a smart (and thus, deserving) team.

To reiterate for Pittsburgh:  C   H   A   R   L   E   S         C   L   A   Y   !   !   !   !   !

Penn St. Nittany LionsPittsburgh PiratesBoston CelticsPittsburgh SteelersPittsburgh Penguins

Justin NoCal

• Dickpuss Penegor, PhD.
  • -Nutter-
  • leave the gun, take the cannolis
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 12:06:03 pm »
Redskins needs on Offense:
QB
RB
FB
TE
LOT
ROT
G,G
C
WR

Redskins needs on defense:
DT
DE
OLB
ILB
CB
FS
SS

and a partridge in a pear tree :uhh and some ST guys :uhh
California Golden BearsSan Francisco GiantsSacramento KingsWashington Redskins
Elevate, excavate, eliminate.

Front Porch

• Rat bastard
  • -Security-
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 03:29:17 pm »

I agree this but would add that a Safety could also work.  Biggest thing is a playmaker on D whether in rushing the passer or the in the secondary. 

running back with maybe a 3rd or 4th.  The concern is most backs are slow at picking up protection so a vet does make more sense. 

Miller would be nice but that is a hard spot to replace unless you went high. 

Jeff in MD

• the M.D. is in the house
  • -Nutter-
  • 2012 Stucknut NFL Pool Champion
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 09:24:06 pm »
Redskins needs on Offense:
QB
RB
FB
TE
LOT
ROT
G,G
C
WR

Redskins needs on defense:
DT
DE
OLB
ILB
CB
FS
SS

and a partridge in a pear tree :uhh and some ST guys :uhh

Pretty much, other than T. Williams, Morris, DJax and Kerrigan.

At least they finally have a GM who has a proven track record and knows what he's doing.
Maryland TerrapinsWashington NationalsWashington WizardsWashington RedskinsWashington Capitals

Cam

• Fuck you
  • -Nutter-
  • I'm a Ninja
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 12:08:42 pm »
Somehow, even with the #1 Pick the Bucs will find a way to only draft fvcktards.
South Florida BullsTampa Bay RaysOrlando MagicTampa Bay BuccaneersTampa Bay Lightning

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 12:47:42 pm »
the bucs will be in the playoffs next season  :koolaid
Texas LonghornsHouston AstrosHouston RocketsCleveland Browns

Cam

• Fuck you
  • -Nutter-
  • I'm a Ninja
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 12:48:30 pm »
Not unless they start an NIT style playoff for shitty teams
South Florida BullsTampa Bay RaysOrlando MagicTampa Bay BuccaneersTampa Bay Lightning

Jeff in MD

• the M.D. is in the house
  • -Nutter-
  • 2012 Stucknut NFL Pool Champion
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 01:15:37 pm »
Somehow, even with the #1 Pick the Bucs will find a way to only draft fvcktards.

Maryland TerrapinsWashington NationalsWashington WizardsWashington RedskinsWashington Capitals

wireman

• -Nutter-
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2015, 10:22:40 am »
Raiders:

I just learned that if team A & B end up w/the same shitty record at the end of the season; that the team w/the toughest schedule gets the lower seed among draft positions.  I said all that to say this is why the Jags are #3 and muh Raiders are #4....

WR is 1A with dline help 1B. Derek Carr seems to be the qb they've been looking for, now he needs a #1 wr to get the ball to.

Draft:
Offense - Amari Cooper ('Bama) seemed to be the consensus but, after the combine Kevin White (WV) has shot past him on some draft boards. Cooper doesn't have blazing speed but, his route running is exceptional.  White is bigger (6'3 to Coops 6'1) and faster.  He (White) also, had more jump ball type catches than did Cooper. 
White would be my pick.

Defense - Last years pick @ #5 was a beast.  Khalil Mack was the right pick (i still have dreams of Derek Carr passing to Sammy Watkins  :banana) and he 's that run stopping lb the Raiders have been searching for.  He and 2nd year player Sio Moore form a good tandem now if they can find a 3rd... .

This year Leonard Williams (DL USC) would be the obvious choice but, unless he gets past the #2 Titans & Jags; it aint happening (he said he wants to play for the Raiders).

of course free agency (March 10) has a lot to do with how teams select in the draft as well.
North Carolina Tar HeelsOakland AthleticsSacramento KingsOakland RaidersCarolina Hurricanes
I may be drunk Miss but, in the morning I'll be sober & you'll still be ugly. W. Churchill

Front Porch

• Rat bastard
  • -Security-
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2015, 01:13:12 pm »
I would go Cooper over White

Cam

• Fuck you
  • -Nutter-
  • I'm a Ninja
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 10:21:24 am »
Ive thought for a while Cooper was the best WR in this draft.