Yes
3 (37.5%)
No
2 (25%)
Bacon
3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: March 26, 2015, 09:42:16 am

Author Topic: Hate Crime?  (Read 907 times)

Geo in Indy

• -Member-
Hate Crime?
« on: March 16, 2015, 09:42:16 am »
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b10_1426395873

A video of a young girl and her little brother being beat-down by a female assailant surfaced early Sunday morning on the website LiveLeaks.com.

The incident, police said, happened in Brookside Park on the city's Eastside. The girls are both students at George Washington Community High School.

Investigators have identified a suspect, a 14-year-old girl, and arrested her in an unrelated incident, Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Lt. Richard Riddle said.

She is held on a charge of disorderly conduct in that case, Riddle said.

WARNING: Video contains graphic content and language: Girl and young boy attacked

In the video, a girl is seen attacking another girl who is standing in a park with a young boy, later identified as the victim's little brother.

As soon as the girl throws the first punch, the victim falls to the ground and tries to guard herself as her attacker continues to beat and kick her in the face.

Several individuals are seen surrounding the girls and young boy, but no one attempts to step in and break up the suspect's onslaught.

As the beating continues, the victim can be heard screaming, "What did I do? What did I do? No. What did I do? Please stop."

After about 14 seconds, the victim is able to wrangle away from the suspect, who is held back by another young man.

The victim and young boy begin walking hurriedly away, but the girl comes charging after the victim once more, tackling her to the ground.

Again, she begins slugging and stomping the victim in the face, until the young boy, less than half the suspect's size, steps in and swings at the girl. In retaliation, she grabs the young boy by the neck and throws him to the ground.

Shortly after the boy was assaulted, the suspect backs off and walks away.

Saturday afternoon, IMPD Officer Scott Bohan was dispatched on a delayed battery report to an address on E. 19th Street, where he spoke with the young victim who said that she knew her assailant from school. The victim didn't know her attacker's name, but said she was in the 8th grade at George Washington.

By 8 p.m. Sunday, the video had been viewed more than 1 million times.

A juveniles detective has been assigned to the case and the IMPD's Cyber Crimes Unit has made a copy of the video for the investigation.
Indiana HoosiersCincinnati RedsIndiana PacersIndianapolis Colts
2011 Tard of the Year 2012 Stucknut DIT Invitational Champion

Itchy Nutsack

• -Member-
Re: Hate Crime?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 10:02:01 am »
fvcking animals

John in Nashville

• 16 in the clip and one in the hole.
  • -Nutter-
  • Georgetown Sucks!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 10:52:05 am »
Goo is alive!  :koolaid
Syracuse OrangeNew York YankeesNew York KnicksNew York GiantsNashville Predators

Rob in VB

• Masticater
  • -Nutter-
  • Zamboni Pilot
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 10:54:30 am »
How is this a hate crime?
Georgetown HoyasNew York MetsNew York KnicksDallas CowboysWashington Capitals

Saluki

• I'd never join a club that would have me as a
  • -Nutter-
  • I've made a huge mistake
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 10:57:26 am »
Seems like junior high bullying. I didn't watch the video, but knowing Geo, I'm guessing that a backle attacked a cracker.
Southern Illinois SalukisPittsburgh PiratesChicago BullsPittsburgh SteelersPittsburgh Penguins
I'm more muscular than you /s/ Tudo

Geo in Indy

• -Member-
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 11:03:45 am »
Well that and they shoved a 4 year old toddler to the ground.  Pretty tough footage to watch as a parent.  Imagine if it was your child...
Indiana HoosiersCincinnati RedsIndiana PacersIndianapolis Colts
2011 Tard of the Year 2012 Stucknut DIT Invitational Champion

Rob in VB

• Masticater
  • -Nutter-
  • Zamboni Pilot
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 11:16:09 am »
So a black and a white fight.  Hate crime?  Hell, we should applaud that there wasn't a gun involved.  Fail.
Georgetown HoyasNew York MetsNew York KnicksDallas CowboysWashington Capitals

John in Nashville

• -Nutter-
  • Georgetown Sucks!
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 11:22:44 am »
That's why you don't send your kids to a shitty school like that.
Syracuse OrangeNew York YankeesNew York KnicksNew York GiantsNashville Predators

Front Porch

• Rat bastard
  • -Security-
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 12:06:40 pm »
I didn't listen to the sound but if you want to get a hate crime I think you need something that indicates it was race related and not just general school behavior.

So two races fighting does not equal hate crime either way.

need_boost

• Never Fourget Fourloko
  • -Nutter-
  • You are shitty. Turd told me so
    • @need_boost
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 11:29:50 am »
that was pretty disgusting but doubt it was a race issue
Texas-El Paso MinersDetroit TigersDetroit PistonsSan Francisco 49ersDetroit Red Wings
One man's trash is another man's daughter

John in Nashville

• -Nutter-
  • Georgetown Sucks!
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 11:40:32 am »
I didn't listen to the sound but if you want to get a hate crime I think you need something that indicates it was race related and not just general school behavior.

So two races fighting does not equal hate crime either way.

Also I am pretty sure it has to be an attack against a minority to be a hate crime. If a black person beats a white person even if it is racially motivated I'm pretty sure its still not a hate crime. But that would depend on that particular states statute I guess.

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • The Anti-Nutter
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 02:56:59 pm »
There is no way to tell what the girls intentions and rationale were.  I saw the video, and as a parent, it is very disturbing. 

The girl getting beat up doesn't know what she did to the other girl....that alone doesn't make it a hate crime.

Could be something as simple as a friend said that another friend who knew this person said something about somebody else and then someone heard about it and thought they needed to settle the score....you know, typical junior high bullshit.

Or, it could be completely motivated by race.

Who knows?
Boise St. BroncosChicago CubsBoston CelticsMiami Dolphins

need_boost

• Never Fourget Fourloko
  • -Nutter-
  • You are shitty. Turd told me so
    • @need_boost
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2015, 09:37:14 am »
I answered yes, because I hate crime
Texas-El Paso MinersDetroit TigersDetroit PistonsSan Francisco 49ersDetroit Red Wings
One man's trash is another man's daughter

Stab

• Morally Flexible
  • -Nutter-
  • Flat Sun Denier
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2015, 10:21:24 am »
Well that and they shoved a 4 year old toddler to the ground.  Pretty tough footage to watch as a parent.  Imagine if it was your child...
I tell you what would not be tough to watch... Someone committing a hate-crime against you.
Wisconsin BadgersMilwaukee BrewersMilwaukee BucksGreen Bay Packers
Not the worst. Not even close.

B.P. in H town

• -Member-
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2015, 01:12:54 pm »
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b10_1426395873

A video of a young girl and her little brother being beat-down by a female assailant surfaced early Sunday morning on the website LiveLeaks.com.

The incident, police said, happened in Brookside Park on the city's Eastside. The girls are both students at George Washington Community High School.

Investigators have identified a suspect, a 14-year-old girl, and arrested her in an unrelated incident, Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Lt. Richard Riddle said.

She is held on a charge of disorderly conduct in that case, Riddle said.

WARNING: Video contains graphic content and language: Girl and young boy attacked

In the video, a girl is seen attacking another girl who is standing in a park with a young boy, later identified as the victim's little brother.

As soon as the girl throws the first punch, the victim falls to the ground and tries to guard herself as her attacker continues to beat and kick her in the face.

Several individuals are seen surrounding the girls and young boy, but no one attempts to step in and break up the suspect's onslaught.

As the beating continues, the victim can be heard screaming, "What did I do? What did I do? No. What did I do? Please stop."

After about 14 seconds, the victim is able to wrangle away from the suspect, who is held back by another young man.

The victim and young boy begin walking hurriedly away, but the girl comes charging after the victim once more, tackling her to the ground.

Again, she begins slugging and stomping the victim in the face, until the young boy, less than half the suspect's size, steps in and swings at the girl. In retaliation, she grabs the young boy by the neck and throws him to the ground.

Shortly after the boy was assaulted, the suspect backs off and walks away.

Saturday afternoon, IMPD Officer Scott Bohan was dispatched on a delayed battery report to an address on E. 19th Street, where he spoke with the young victim who said that she knew her assailant from school. The victim didn't know her attacker's name, but said she was in the 8th grade at George Washington.

By 8 p.m. Sunday, the video had been viewed more than 1 million times.

A juveniles detective has been assigned to the case and the IMPD's Cyber Crimes Unit has made a copy of the video for the investigation.

The only crime is you starting threads.