Author Topic: America is healing  (Read 1431 times)

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
America is healing
« on: May 12, 2015, 03:01:08 pm »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/study-americans-becoming-less-christian-more-secular/ar-BBjDYrK?ocid=TSHDHP

Hopefully, like the ozone hole, thinks to start moving in the other direction!
Colorado St. RamsColorado RockiesDenver NuggetsBuffalo BillsBuffalo Sabres
"I took all the same classes as you at a much bigger D1 school."  :lol

toolshed

• -Tards-
Re: America is healing
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 04:40:00 pm »
 :lol [LINK]eyes and his shitty posts nobody clicks on
I am Yesus

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 04:45:28 pm »
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

:lol

JohnPaul

• -Member-
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 05:26:42 pm »
" However , Pew researchers acknowledge those conclusions differ from those of other major studies that found only slight declines or even a slight uptick in the number of Catholics in the last couple of years . "
 :lol  :lol  :lol

Poor Snakes , I guess America is not healing  :drink

Do you even read the links you post  :popcorn

Learjet89

• -Nutter-
  • -Fact Checker-
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 05:28:57 pm »
From the article:

Pew researchers said Christian losses were driven by decreases among mainline, or liberal, Protestants and Roman Catholics.

Boomer and Gen X parents haven't instilled religion on millennials, so fewer are growing up in a religious household.

I would also add that it is systemic of today's attitude of "You either agree with me on 100% of everything, or I hate you," be it politics, sports, etc.

Though I must ask why this is being posted in the ETA?
Xavier MusketeersCincinnati RedsCincinnati Bengals

testudo

• Stucknut historian (y'all don't want this)
  • -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 05:39:20 pm »

It's a typical snake post.   Accepting a false premise which is "we'd be better off without religion."

In other words, we'd be better off without the adopted classrooms,  the hospital visits, the charitable donations,  the community structure.    And all the good things that come with Religion.

The reason the country is headed this way is partly because people like Snake are teaching in the classroom. 

The problem with this,  is the people attacking religion, particularly Christianity aren't offerring a viable substitute for what Christianity and other religions offer. 

Liberalism is about destroying things they don't agree with.   
Maryland TerrapinsBaltimore OriolesWashington WizardsBaltimore RavensWashington Capitals

Learjet89

• -Nutter-
  • -Fact Checker-
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 05:49:09 pm »
Or it could be the overall laziness of people now.

Then again, maybe people who used to only go to church on Christmas and Easter suddenly realized that half assing something they never really believed in are being more honest with themselves.

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • The Anti-Nutter
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 05:53:23 pm »
Liberalism is about destroying things they don't agree with.   

This is where I disagree with you Test.  I'm a liberal.  I'm an atheist.  I accept your right to practice your religion of choice.  I just want people to acknowledge my right to be an atheist.  I don't judge you for your beliefs, you don't judge me.  End of story.

I do believe that part of the problem is the constant finger pointing.  Libtards this, libtards that.  Neo-con teabaggers, blah blah blah.

Quit pointing fingers across the isle and become part of the solution.

Back on point.
My dad was a baptist pastor.  I got to see the hypocrisy in religion from day 1.   Oh no, gays can't get married because the bible says so, meanwhile we eat fish, get divorces, etc. etc.  Cherry picking the bible has become so routine it's laughable.  It's okay for you to pass judgment onto others, even though the bible forbids it.  Christ would extend his love to all men, but most self proclaimed Christians do tend to be a little judgmental.

The bible doesn't mention anything about gay marriage.  Zero, nada, zilch.  A few places it talks about homosexuality, but not marriage.  So if homosexuality is evil, evil can still marry evil.  Nothing, NOTHING in the bible prevents it.

Wow, I'm so far off topic I'll just stop.
Boise St. BroncosChicago CubsBoston CelticsMiami Dolphins

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 05:57:12 pm »

In other words, we'd be better off without the adopted classrooms,  the hospital visits, the charitable donations,  the community structure.    And all the good things that come with Religion.

That's great.  It's just that you don't need religion to have any of these things.

testudo

• -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 06:12:11 pm »
Or it could be the overall laziness of people now.

Then again, maybe people who used to only go to church on Christmas and Easter suddenly realized that half assing something they never really believed in are being more honest with themselves.

Laziness..  yeah..  Another way to describe laziness is "spiritually dead."

Spiritually dead clergy..  (Yikes!! LIBERAL CLERGY  --see the death of the Presbytarian Church.)

There's an ancient example of this pertaining to the 3 wise men. They travelled for six months to meet the Messaih.   From FAR away.  Arrived in Jeruseleum.  And asked for help on where to find the Messiah.   

The local Clergy said:  "Oh yeah,  we can help you with that.    It says here:  Micah 5:2óMicah prophesies that Jesus will be born in Bethlehem. ..  that's right down the road..."   (7 Km away.)

"Have fun stormin' the castle.  Bye!!"

The point is some people are close.  But far away. (There's Clergy like that, lazy--spiritually dead)    Some people are far away,  but close.  (The 3 wise men--Alive.)

That's great.  It's just that you don't need religion to have any of these things.

Well... what's your repaclement son? 
Maryland TerrapinsBaltimore OriolesWashington WizardsBaltimore RavensWashington Capitals

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 06:21:28 pm »

Well... what's your repaclement son?

Secular Humanism.

Justin NoCal

• Dickpuss Penegor, PhD.
  • -Nutter-
  • leave the gun, take the cannolis
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 06:24:24 pm »
I didn't even know it was sick  :-\
California Golden BearsSan Francisco GiantsSacramento KingsWashington Redskins
Elevate, excavate, eliminate.

testudo

• -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2015, 06:41:44 pm »
This is where I disagree with you Test.  I'm a liberal.  I'm an atheist.  I accept your right to practice your religion of choice.  I just want people to acknowledge my right to be an atheist.  I don't judge you for your beliefs, you don't judge me.  End of story.

I do believe that part of the problem is the constant finger pointing.  Libtards this, libtards that.  Neo-con teabaggers, blah blah blah.

Quit pointing fingers across the isle and become part of the solution.

Back on point.
My dad was a baptist pastor.  I got to see the hypocrisy in religion from day 1.   Oh no, gays can't get married because the bible says so, meanwhile we eat fish, get divorces, etc. etc.  Cherry picking the bible has become so routine it's laughable.  It's okay for you to pass judgment onto others, even though the bible forbids it.  Christ would extend his love to all men, but most self proclaimed Christians do tend to be a little judgmental.

The bible doesn't mention anything about gay marriage.  Zero, nada, zilch.  A few places it talks about homosexuality, but not marriage.  So if homosexuality is evil, evil can still marry evil.  Nothing, NOTHING in the bible prevents it.

Wow, I'm so far off topic I'll just stop.

I dunno dog.   I don't see that.   I don't see anyone in my circles..  and it's a pretty big circle.. going after Atheists unless an Atheist overtly says something offensive to them.    Even then most people in my circles ignore it when it happens.   

As you can probably guess,   I do not.   

I posted a picture of my churches Beach Baptism over the weekend and any number of my atheist  friends.  Some very close friends  were dropping comments like  "Oh just ONE CLUSTERBOMB would take care of that."

Hypocrisy.  Yes.   Whereever you find people,  you will find disappointment.

The number 1 and 2 narratives I hear from Atheists.   #1.  "Hypocrisy."  Which is a fundamental misunderstanding of Chistianity.   That you have to be perfect.   Yes,  divorce and abortion are not smiled upon,  but it happens.   #2.  "CHRISTIANS ARE FORCING THEIR RELIGION UPON PEOPLE!!!  ! !!! AEEERERSHGHSGHHHH!!!!!       I haven't seen anyone do that.   I see people holding Jesus Saves signs at stop lights.. .  etc.. but I don't see too much of that.    I don't count Nativity Scenes or Christmas Trees or The Ten Commandments at City Hall as Religion getting pushed in people's faces..  some people disagree...

Christianity  is about  "Grace."    You don't have to be perfect.   You can even be hypocritical.  You can even be gay.

No you can not be gay and come into any  Church you want and demand they marry you under their roof.   Find somewhere else.   

This Gay Marriage issue, by the way,  I believe is being used to destroy the churches. American Churches Who Oppose Same-Sex Marriage Will Lose tax-exempt status due to their beliefs about Biblical marriage

I think this guy below does a good job explaining Grace.  Hedstrom doesn't like this because the guy starts yelling.  :lol   But when you find Pastors that can at least articulate the concepts.   Teach the history.   Relate it to science and history,  you found a church that "teaches"  rather than "preaches."

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 07:45:23 pm »
  #2.  "CHRISTIANS ARE FORCING THEIR RELIGION UPON PEOPLE!!!  ! !!! AEEERERSHGHSGHHHH!!!!!       I haven't seen anyone do that.   I see people holding Jesus Saves signs at stop lights.. .  etc.. but I don't see too much of that.    I don't count Nativity Scenes or Christmas Trees or The Ten Commandments at City Hall as Religion getting pushed in people's faces..  some people disagree...

When's the last time you looked at your money, or went to a MLB game, or said the Pledge of Allegiance?

And of course you don't count Nativity Scenes or the Ten Commandments, etc.  They completely blow a hole in your position.

Learjet89

• -Nutter-
  • -Fact Checker-
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2015, 07:56:25 pm »
This Gay Marriage issue, by the way,  I believe is being used to destroy the churches. American Churches Who Oppose Same-Sex Marriage Will Lose tax-exempt status due to their beliefs about Biblical marriage

That's an interesting thought, yet it sounds pretty familiar.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/05/04/why_gay_marriage_matters

CALLER:  Why would you eradicate something you can make money off of?

RUSH:  Well, for political power.  If you can eliminate a religion's tax-exempt status with its churches, then you eliminate donations to the church, you eliminate the church.  The church ceases to exist.  And if they're your political enemy at the church, how are you gonna make money off the church?  Are you talking about taxing them and forcing them into all kinds of punitive financial arrangements in order to stay in business?

As another aside to the gay marriage issue, why are you opposed to two adults vowing to be monogamous and faithful to each other?

And governments have been involved in marriage since governments have existed.  By your way of thinking, getting married by Elvis in Vegas or in a wine bar by a drunk justice of the peace (my mom and step-dad) is as much an affront to "traditional marriage" as you claim gay marriage to be.