Author Topic: Sam Harris v. Noam Chomsky  (Read 1264 times)

Moodell

• International Brotherhood of Geniuses Local 163
  • -Nutter-
  • "Life is too serious to be taken seriously."
Re: Sam Harris v. Noam Chomsky
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015, 09:15:26 am »
It's unlikely that this post will win me many friends or even garner much attention. However, writing it is the only way I know to supply the missing ingredient that could stop the worldwide slide into philistinism. But before I continue, allow me to explain that there is a tortured quality to Norma Chomsky's reasoning, a careful avoidance of obvious conclusions, and a painstaking circumnavigation of embarrassing facts. Don't make the mistake of thinking otherwise. Norma does, and that's why he once wrote a document whose sole purpose was to argue that analytic philosophism is a noble cause. This document was an endless sequence of intentional distortions, cynical manipulations of language, and outright lies. It served no purpose other than to get people thinking about how Norma has been telling everyone that education and open-mindedness are some kind of liability. I would like to remind Norma that false words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil. Most of Norma Chomsky's unprincipled protests are so self-contradictory, they're their own refutation.  :lol
Ohio St. BuckeyesCleveland IndiansCleveland CavaliersIndianapolis ColtsColumbus Blue Jackets
Progressives gnaw away at the pillars of our society as if they were  termites chewing on wood.

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • The Anti-Nutter
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015, 10:45:59 am »
It's unlikely that this post will win me many friends

You actually have friends here?   :koolaid
Boise St. BroncosChicago CubsBoston CelticsMiami Dolphins

Moodell

• International Brotherhood of Geniuses Local 163
  • -Nutter-
  • "Life is too serious to be taken seriously."
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2015, 06:03:23 pm »
You actually have friends here?   :koolaid
:lol :koolaid
Ohio St. BuckeyesCleveland IndiansCleveland CavaliersIndianapolis ColtsColumbus Blue Jackets
Progressives gnaw away at the pillars of our society as if they were  termites chewing on wood.