Author Topic: Sam Dubose, Man of the Year  (Read 1233 times)

Turd Ferguson

• PITNCC Martyr
  • The chat is always better when I am around
Re: Sam Dubose, Man of the Year
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2015, 02:29:14 pm »
As someone who has read thousands of police reports I can say the amount of inaccuracies and sometimes outright lying in them is a travesty.  Especially when body cams and dash cams show the exact opposite.
Turd - I have never really bought into the genius that is Turd.  I know he is well loved and considered a great poster.  His brand of humor just doesn't do it for me.

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2015, 03:05:23 pm »
As someone who has read thousands of police reports I can say the amount of inaccuracies and sometimes outright lying in them is a travesty.  Especially when body cams and dash cams show the exact opposite.

No doubt about it, and sometimes they are outright scumbag cops who do that and other times they're pretty decent cops who embellish or exaggerate a bit because they know they're going to have to sell their version of the events, especially if and when police politics/internal investigations come into play.  However, embellishing goes on every freaking day in all kinds of different places (see "Michael Moore movies").

As far as the police report Learjet linked, I don't see what the "GROSS contradiction" is.  The report says the cop stopped him for a front license plate, and during the stop, he was dragged by the car and fired one shot. It says Tensing's uniform had dirt marks on the back of it and he mentioned he had a sore left arm.....What part of that is a GROSS contradiction?  I guess you can argue the semantics of whether the car "dragged" him or "carried him", whatever it is you call it when your arm is inside a car trying to turn off the ignition while the driver of the car is trying to drive off with your arm still in it.
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

B.P. in H town

• -Member-
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2015, 06:31:54 pm »
No doubt about it, and sometimes they are outright scumbag cops who do that and other times they're pretty decent cops who embellish or exaggerate a bit because they know they're going to have to sell their version of the events, especially if and when police politics/internal investigations come into play.  However, embellishing goes on every freaking day in all kinds of different places (see "Michael Moore movies").

So because of a Michael Moore movie the cops can lie on police reports?

You're a cement-head of epic proportions.

testudo

• Stucknut historian (y'all don't want this)
  • -Member-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2015, 08:36:32 pm »
Remember as a child, you wanted to be a Fireman or a Policeman when you were growing up?

Yeah.. those days are over.

Liberals are a DISEASE.

I'm looking forward to that day.  That day ..

that..."when and where"

When we play in your ballpark.   

You will not forget the number on my Jersey. 

Maryland TerrapinsBaltimore OriolesWashington WizardsBaltimore RavensWashington Capitals

Laser Wang

• Pussy Eater
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2015, 09:26:10 pm »
Remember as a child, you wanted to be a Fireman or a Policeman when you were growing up?

Uhh NO! I don't remember those days because I always planned on going to college therefore i studied and had good grades.
North Carolina Tar HeelsHouston AstrosCharlotte HornetsBaltimore RavensCalgary Flames

Turd Ferguson

• PITNCC Martyr
  • The chat is always better when I am around
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2015, 10:38:57 pm »
Uhh NO! I don't remember those days because I always planned on going to college therefore i studied and had good grades.

:lol pwnt
Turd - I have never really bought into the genius that is Turd.  I know he is well loved and considered a great poster.  His brand of humor just doesn't do it for me.

Saluki

• I'd never join a club that would have me as a
  • -Nutter-
  • I've made a huge mistake
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2015, 09:58:56 am »

Liberals are a DISEASE.

So is alcoholism.
Southern Illinois SalukisPittsburgh PiratesChicago BullsPittsburgh SteelersPittsburgh Penguins
I'm more muscular than you /s/ Tudo

John in Nashville

• 16 in the clip and one in the hole.
  • -Nutter-
  • Georgetown Sucks!
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2015, 09:39:56 pm »
Syracuse OrangeNew York YankeesNew York KnicksNew York GiantsNashville Predators