Author Topic: Huh. Do we know anybody like this??  (Read 1606 times)

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
Huh. Do we know anybody like this??
« on: May 25, 2015, 11:45:07 am »
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/ex-reagan-adviser-fox-news-is-self-brainwashing-republicans-into-a-radical-fringe-party

Economist Bruce Bartlett, a former adviser to both Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush, warned over the weekend that Fox News had damaged the Republican Party by creating a bubble for conservatives to brainwash themselves.

In his paper “How Fox News Changed American Media and Political Dynamics” published earlier this month, Bartlett theorized that watching the network was essentially “self-brainwashing” for viewers, making them believe that the United States was a more conservative nation than it actually was. And so the Republican Party had responded by running radical conservatives that representative Fox News viewers, but not the true state of the electorate.

“Many conservatives live in a bubble where they watch only Fox News on television, they listen only to conservative talk radio — Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, many of the same people,” Bartlett told CNN’s Brian Stelter on Sunday. “When they go onto the Internet, they look at conservative websites like National Review, Newsmax, World Net Daily.”

“And so, they are completely in a universe in which they are hearing the same exact ideas, the same arguments, the same limited amount of data repeated over and over and over again. And that’s brainwashing.”

Let me save you the time, Beavis - :lol rawstory

Now, what do you think of what this Reagan/Bush aide said??

:popcorn
Colorado St. RamsColorado RockiesDenver NuggetsBuffalo BillsBuffalo Sabres
"I took all the same classes as you at a much bigger D1 school."  :lol

Front Porch

• Rat bastard
  • -Security-
Re: Huh. Do we know anybody like this??
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 11:49:05 am »
I find it interesting where you cut the last paragraph. 

In short both parties have a fringe that suffer from self brain washing.

Learjet89

• -Nutter-
  • -Fact Checker-
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 11:52:40 am »
This phenomenon isn't limited to just conservatives.  With the proliferation of the 24/7 news cycle and multiple cable channels and internet sites being created to meet the demand, both sides of the political spectrum now have safe refuges where they can find news and opinions that affirm their beliefs rather than challenge them.
Xavier MusketeersCincinnati RedsCincinnati Bengals

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 11:57:39 am »
I find it interesting where you cut the last paragraph. 

In short both parties have a fringe that suffer from self brain washing.

Beavis and I have been discussing Fox News.   He thinks it's not a mouthpiece of the GOP.  The Conservative fringe dwarfs the liberal counterpart - just look at Rush's numbers (though lowering, thank fvck) against whatever liberal pundit you want to pick.

Learjet89

• -Nutter-
  • -Fact Checker-
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 11:59:26 am »
Beavis and I have been discussing Fox News.   He thinks it's not a mouthpiece of the GOP.  The Conservative fringe dwarfs the liberal counterpart - just look at Rush's numbers (though lowering, thank fvck) against whatever liberal pundit you want to pick.

All syndicated radio ratings are steadily declining due to the proliferation of podcasts and other on demand entertainment.
Xavier MusketeersCincinnati RedsCincinnati Bengals

Beavis in KC

• -Nutter-
  • What the fvck are you looking at?
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 12:01:50 pm »
The Conservative fringe dwarfs the liberal counterpart - just look at Rush's numbers (though lowering, thank fvck) against whatever liberal pundit you want to pick.

I completely disagree with the notion that there are more conservative retards running around than there are liberal idiots.  Limbaugh gets his numbers by virtue of the fact that for a very long time this was the only place for them (not me) to go.  Fox News is enjoying the same success because of this same situation.

Kansas St. WildcatsKansas City RoyalsGolden State WarriorsKansas City ChiefsDetroit Red Wings
2016 Stucknut Member of the Year

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 12:02:46 pm »
Okay, fine. Compare your liberal mouthpieces out there with your conservative ones.  It's not even close.  You guys tease me about "Rachel Maddow", I had never even heard of her until you brought her up.  The most popular "liberal" shows would just be the ones that make fun of the stupid shit conservatives say - namely Colbert and Stewart.  But they are satire.  Fox News is an organized propaganda machine for the GOP, which is fine unless you can't see it for what it actually is.

Front Porch

• Rat bastard
  • -Security-
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2015, 12:03:01 pm »

I would disagree regarding which fringe dwarfs the other. 

I certainly wouldn't base this on one medium or one guy's numbers. 

You are blind to the liberal fringe mostly because you agree with them.

Beavis in KC

• -Nutter-
  • What the fvck are you looking at?
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2015, 12:10:36 pm »
Snake can't see the forest for the trees.  :lol

Go up and down the news channels.  Go read a national newspaper.  Every channel and every columnist has a liberal slant except for a small percentage.

Kansas St. WildcatsKansas City RoyalsGolden State WarriorsKansas City ChiefsDetroit Red Wings
2016 Stucknut Member of the Year

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2015, 12:13:59 pm »
And that's the bullshit lie.  FACTS have a "liberal bias".  So yes, most news sources will slant a bit toward that side, because that's what liberalism is, by definition.

But liberals don't have anything even CLOSE to what Fox News does for conservative idiots everywhere.

jeff in tucson

• puts the "semen" in amusement :koolaid
  • -Nutter-
    • sb1070supporter
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2015, 12:52:54 pm »
:lol another "my news source is better than yours nanny nanny boo boo" shit thearde
Arizona WildcatsArizona DiamondbacksPhoenix SunsDallas CowboysPhoenix Coyotes

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2015, 12:57:37 pm »
And that's the bullshit lie.  FACTS have a "liberal bias".  So yes, most news sources will slant a bit toward that side, because that's what liberalism is, by definition.

But liberals don't have anything even CLOSE to what Fox News does for conservative idiots everywhere.

:uhh

What a shitty post.
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

Moodell

• International Brotherhood of Geniuses Local 163
  • -Nutter-
  • "Life is too serious to be taken seriously."
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2015, 02:19:47 pm »

I call BULLSHIT. MSNBC is a bastion of extreme left wing propaganda. That "network" basically parodies itself. It's completely unwatchable for anybody with half a brain. You may say the same thing about Fox News with their right wing slant but hey, at least they've got some good looking women to look at.  :banana
Ohio St. BuckeyesCleveland IndiansCleveland CavaliersIndianapolis ColtsColumbus Blue Jackets
Progressives gnaw away at the pillars of our society as if they were  termites chewing on wood.

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2015, 04:49:10 pm »
I call BULLSHIT. MSNBC is a bastion of extreme left wing propaganda. That "network" basically parodies itself. It's completely unwatchable for anybody with half a brain. You may say the same thing about Fox News with their right wing slant but hey, at least they've got some good looking women to look at.  :banana

Nope.  Does it slant liberal?  Sure.  Because facts generally do.  Fox News is put together by retards, for retards.  Look, have a conservative mouthpiece TV station all you want, just don't lie about what it is.

Front Porch

• Rat bastard
  • -Security-
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2015, 04:55:22 pm »
Nope.  Does it slant conservative?  Sure.  Because facts generally do. MSNBC/CNN/Fill in the blank is put together by retards, for retards.  Look, have a liberal mouthpiece TV station all you want, just don't lie about what it is.

All of which brings us back.

SE agrees.... good
SE disagrees..... bad