Author Topic: Free agency 2015 version  (Read 900 times)

wireman

• -Nutter-
Free agency 2015 version
« on: July 02, 2015, 08:38:01 am »
a few days into the Associations free agency and there's not been any real monster deals (unlike last year see James, Lebron & Love, Kevin).

Love did as expected did re-sign w/the Cavs (as did Thompson & Shumpert) giving the Cavs an excellent front line of Varejeao, Mozgof (the 5's) and Thompson, Love (the 4's) yikes! 

Demarre Carroll leaving the Hawks and going to the Raptors was a bit of a shock given the fact that the Hawks probably had at least 3-4 years w/that core group and could've made deep playoff runs.

looks as if the LakeShow may have shot itself in the foot.  they drafted D'Angelo Russell second last week when Jahlil Okafor was sitting there.  their thought process was draft Russell and entice one of the free agent big men :
Love
Aldridge
DeAndre Jordan
Greg Monroe

well, Love is out. Jordan is either going to the Mavs or sticking w/the Clips. Monroe is prolly (95%) leaving the D and going to the Knicks. 
which leaves Aldridge who basically said yesterday that the Lakers suck at luring in free agents. Whoa :o.  the Lakers did all they could (even getting Adam Levine to help) but, in the end it didn't work.  the beauty of this is if Monroe signs w/the Knicks that means the Lakers went ofer on the bigs they targeted and they bypassed Okafor for Russell... ouch.  who would've thought....

North Carolina Tar HeelsOakland AthleticsSacramento KingsOakland RaidersCarolina Hurricanes
I may be drunk Miss but, in the morning I'll be sober & you'll still be ugly. W. Churchill

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
Re: Free agency 2015 version
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 08:43:03 am »
these contracts man  :lol

its only going to get worse when the cap goes up next year  :lol
Texas LonghornsHouston AstrosHouston RocketsCleveland Browns

Jeff in Syracuse

• (I)
  • Mod
  • I lift things up and put them down
    • jeff13164
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 09:48:59 am »
I'm happy the Suns signed Chandler.. he's an ace defender and his experience will help Alex Len.... but $52 million for 4 years?  :o I guess the surprising thing is he's "only" 32.  Thought he was much older
Syracuse OrangeNew York MetsPhoenix SunsNew York Giants

wireman

• -Nutter-
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 11:07:50 am »
I'm happy the Suns signed Chandler.. he's an ace defender and his experience will help Alex Len.... but $52 million for 4 years?  :o I guess the surprising thing is he's "only" 32.  Thought he was much older

I had to do a double take when I saw 4/52 mil.  he will be a tremendous help to Len.
North Carolina Tar HeelsOakland AthleticsSacramento KingsOakland RaidersCarolina Hurricanes
I may be drunk Miss but, in the morning I'll be sober & you'll still be ugly. W. Churchill

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • The Anti-Nutter
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 11:24:56 am »
I had to do a double take when I saw 4/52 mil.  he will be a tremendous help to Len.

Given some of the other signings, with bench players getting 10 mil....the price on this one doesn't seem too bad to me.
Boise St. BroncosChicago CubsBoston CelticsMiami Dolphins

Jeff in Syracuse

• (I)
  • Mod
  • I lift things up and put them down
    • jeff13164
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 11:27:46 am »
Greg Monroe to the Bucks (the BUCKS?!).

Jeez.. Monroe, Parker, Middleton, Antetokounmpo, Carter-Williams.  They're building something there
Syracuse OrangeNew York MetsPhoenix SunsNew York Giants

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 12:06:04 pm »

Jeez.. Monroe, Parker, Middleton, Antetokounmpo, Carter-Williams.  They're building something there

and Coach Kidd  ::)

wireman

• -Nutter-
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 12:10:56 pm »

damn /s/the LakeShow :lol

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 03:37:31 pm »
yall know im a huge spurs fan, right  :uhh

david west just took a huge discount to sign.

i know hes getting older too, but damn, their bigs are duncan, aldridge, west, and diaw  :koolaid

Jeff in MD

• the M.D. is in the house
  • -Nutter-
  • 2012 Stucknut NFL Pool Champion
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 12:32:00 am »
yall know im a huge spurs fan, right  :uhh

david west just took a huge discount to sign.

i know hes getting older too, but damn, their bigs are duncan, aldridge, west, and diaw  :koolaid

I was hoping West would come to the Wizards, but oh well. Declined his $12.5 million option with the Pacers to take $1.5 to go to the Spurs, dude clearly wants to win a title BADLY.
Maryland TerrapinsWashington NationalsWashington WizardsWashington RedskinsWashington Capitals

wireman

• -Nutter-
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 11:25:59 am »
I was hoping West would come to the Wizards, but oh well. Declined his $12.5 million option with the Pacers to take $1.5 to go to the Spurs, dude clearly wants to win a title BADLY.
he better hope they win after taking that cut...ouch.

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 04:06:22 pm »
DeAndre Jordan totally fvcked the Mavericks  :lol

The Twitter reaction was the best part.