Author Topic: Comrade Cuomo sets the wage  (Read 2389 times)

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
Comrade Cuomo sets the wage
« on: July 22, 2015, 03:21:57 pm »
Atlas Shrugged, part deux.  Comrade Cuomo decides the wage should be $15/hr because daggummit that's the nice thing to do.  That sucking sound you're about to hear is the sound of hundreds of fast food jobs in the NY area being lost.

"Ah, well played, Comrade.  But we see your $15/hr wage and raise you a bunch of automated touchscreen machines to take people's orders." - Micky D's
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
Re: Comrade Cuomo sets the wage
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 03:41:25 pm »
We need to find you some better philosophical books to read, friend. 
Colorado St. RamsColorado RockiesDenver NuggetsBuffalo BillsBuffalo Sabres
"I took all the same classes as you at a much bigger D1 school."  :lol

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 03:43:42 pm »
How about any philosophical websites I can start with?  Got any of those?  I hear The Onion is a good one.

:lol
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 03:53:01 pm »
How about any philosophical websites I can start with?  Got any of those?  I hear The Onion is a good one.

Is that where you got your information on domestic abuse and Africa, retard??   :lol

Learjet89

• -Nutter-
  • -Fact Checker-
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 04:20:36 pm »
Link?
Xavier MusketeersCincinnati RedsCincinnati Bengals

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • The Anti-Nutter
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 04:23:19 pm »
Boise St. BroncosChicago CubsBoston CelticsMiami Dolphins

rocket625

• Go Raiders
  • -Member-
  • Rip Curl
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 04:24:04 pm »
Link?
  the liberals are brainwashed to think that fund managers and burger flippers should be paid the same. sorry but central planning and wearing olive drab has proven to fail 100% of the time.
UCSB GauchosLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersOakland RaidersLos Angeles Kings

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 04:24:40 pm »
Hopefully NYC businesses don't take this as hard as Seattle did right Tudo?  :lol

John in Nashville

• 16 in the clip and one in the hole.
  • -Nutter-
  • Georgetown Sucks!
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 05:14:35 pm »
Why fast food workers and not everyone else?
Syracuse OrangeNew York YankeesNew York KnicksNew York GiantsNashville Predators

Front Porch

• Rat bastard
  • -Security-
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 05:26:32 pm »
I guess define everyone else.  People over $15 will not be impacted much and while there are probably a lot of other jobs making less than $15 it is at least perception that most of these are fast food. 

testudo

• Stucknut historian (y'all don't want this)
  • -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2015, 09:05:03 pm »
Here's the facts:

People are paid what they are worth.

Unless they work for a government entitity.   i.e.    Senate,  DMV, House of representatives... school teachers...

There are people right now way ahead of the game..  programming to replace waiters,   McDonald's clerks,  and school teachers with robots and Online educaton.

It's already happening..    Online education with a good teacher,  teaching thousands of students online...  all that is needed is a security guard in the classrooms making 15 dollars an hour.  (The arbitrary minimum wage request.   Dunno how you came up with 15 per hour but speaking for myself,  we are actively programming to replace you with robots... it doesn't stop at fast food.. BELIEVE ME... there's a LOT of opportunity right now if you have even cursory knowledge of any programming language)

The above is very serious.

What I suggest is also very serious:

If you can't program.  Then I suggest you go to a vocational school and learn plumbing,   HVAC,   E-lec trcity.

Burger Construction,  School teachers, Politicans, can be replaced by robots.   Ask Siri.

Maryland TerrapinsBaltimore OriolesWashington WizardsBaltimore RavensWashington Capitals

johninpwest

• Inglorious Bastard
  • -Nutter-
  • Run me, and I will be more powerful than you think
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2015, 10:28:21 pm »
Atlas Shrugged, part deux.  Comrade Cuomo decides the wage should be $15/hr because daggummit that's the nice thing to do.  That sucking sound you're about to hear is the sound of hundreds of fast food jobs in the NY area being lost.

"Ah, well played, Comrade.  But we see your $15/hr wage and raise you a bunch of automated touchscreen machines to take people's orders." - Micky D's
"Why the fvck would I pay restaurant money for a goddamned recreation of a microwave? Call, assholes" -- the consumers

Colorado St. RamsColorado RockiesDenver NuggetsDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
"...Granting an exemption from social security taxes to an employer operates to impose the employer's religious faith on the employees" US vs Lee (1982)

Hedstrom

• -Nutter-
  • Born and Raised in South Detroit
    • hedstrombacon
    • @hedstrombacon
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2015, 06:25:27 am »
I don't eat fast food very often but I would love to be able to make my own order on a touch screen. The biggest problem I see is during the busier times you'll potentially be substituting an idiot behind the counter with idiots in line in front of you. It pretty much becomes a wash if there isn't at least one employee behind the counter, like at an airport checkin, to "assist" those people have issues ordering for themselves.

I certainly agree with tudo that if academia is not your thing, picking up a skilled trade is the way to go be it those he listed or heavy equipment operator, truck driver, carpenter, tool maker, pipe fitter, welder....you name it.

Some people were just born to be general labo(u)rers. So be it. But anyone can pick up something from one place and put it in another place. Give those jobs to the students who will appreciate the wages or as a start-up job for someone to advance.  Not the people who think it's a way of life.
Miami DolphinsCalgary Flames

Beavis in KC

• -Nutter-
  • What the fvck are you looking at?
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2015, 07:12:47 am »

Kansas St. WildcatsKansas City RoyalsGolden State WarriorsKansas City ChiefsDetroit Red Wings
2016 Stucknut Member of the Year

Saluki

• I'd never join a club that would have me as a
  • -Nutter-
  • I've made a huge mistake
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 09:28:10 am »
The 1% does a great job of convincing the rest of us that we should be at each other's throats for crumbs. :lol People virulently opposed to a livable minimum wage because they read a book when they were 16 and haven't grown out of it yet.
Southern Illinois SalukisPittsburgh PiratesChicago BullsPittsburgh SteelersPittsburgh Penguins
I'm more muscular than you /s/ Tudo