Author Topic: Rooting your Android Device  (Read 1412 times)

testudo

• Stucknut historian (y'all don't want this)
  • -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver
Rooting your Android Device
« on: July 30, 2015, 08:15:13 am »
Anyone done this before?

I have a droid turbo and need to do it for some App Programming I'm doing.    But I don't want to do it on my own phone.

But if the company I'm at doesn't have rooted phones in their test lab,  I'm going to need to do it to my own phone in order to maintain my dominance of the interwebs and all things technological and winnerish ...     and awesomeness.. .etc.. 
Maryland TerrapinsBaltimore OriolesWashington WizardsBaltimore RavensWashington Capitals

Boges

• qwnt
  • -Nutter-
Re: Rooting your Android Device
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 08:17:13 am »
Anyone done this before?

I have a droid turbo and need to do it for some App Programming I'm doing.    But I don't want to do it on my own phone.

But if the company I'm at doesn't have rooted phones in their test lab,  I'm going to need to do it to my own phone in order to maintain my dominance of the interwebs and all things technological and winnerish ...     and awesomeness.. .etc..

There are several step-by-step instructions online but it voids any warranty you might have.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-root-android/
Toronto Blue JaysMiami Dolphins
what?

Beavis in KC

• -Nutter-
  • What the fvck are you looking at?
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 08:20:50 am »
I've done it before because I'm smart.  You will probably turn your phone into a paper weight.

:lol
Kansas St. WildcatsKansas City RoyalsGolden State WarriorsKansas City ChiefsDetroit Red Wings
2016 Stucknut Member of the Year

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 08:21:22 am »
yeah, just follow the steps online or on youtube  :koolaid
Texas LonghornsHouston AstrosHouston RocketsCleveland Browns

testudo

• -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 08:30:20 am »
I've seen them online.    But I am truly afraid of turning it into a paperweight and the phone is my internet hotspot when I'm on the road... allows me to work two contracts at the same time.    So...     

Might just go out and get another plan just for this.  Just found out none of the app developer guys have rooted phones when they develop.

But what I'm doing requires rooting of the device.   ;    :-[

Maryland TerrapinsBaltimore OriolesWashington WizardsBaltimore RavensWashington Capitals

John in Nashville

• 16 in the clip and one in the hole.
  • -Nutter-
  • Georgetown Sucks!
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 09:08:37 am »
Buy a used phone or something on the Internet. I wouldn't fvck with the one I have to use everyday.

Or if you really need to do it for work have them buy one.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 10:11:52 am by John in Nashville »
Syracuse OrangeNew York YankeesNew York KnicksNew York GiantsNashville Predators

Front Porch

• Rat bastard
  • -Security-
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 09:18:52 am »
so you are a dominate software programmer and can't root a phone?  This feat is accomplished by barely literate teenagers.

testudo

• -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 09:34:40 am »
I'm quite sure I can root the phone.   But I'd rather not fvck with the phone that is my internet connection for another contract that I'm working.