Author Topic: Sam Dubose, Man of the Year  (Read 1034 times)

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
Sam Dubose, Man of the Year
« on: July 31, 2015, 03:45:39 pm »
---Man, I guess the bar for what constitutes an "awesome man" is set low these days.---

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/07/19/police-person-shot-mt-auburn/30391931/

MOUNT AUBURN – Ebony Johnson wailed at the corner of Valencia and Rice, the grief nearly doubling her over.
In the wake of Dubose’s Sunday shooting death by a University of Cincinnati police officer during a traffic stop, Johnson said she’s worried that people will take one look at his lengthy rap sheet – and his suspended driver’s license – and figure he had it coming.

What they really should be asking, she said, is: How does a missing license plate escalate to a shooting?
“People see an arrest record like that, and they automatically say, ‘Oh, that’s why they killed him,’” said Johnson, 38. “It wasn’t like that. He’s never been violent.”

Over the past 20 years, Dubose has been charged more than 75 times in Hamilton County. Most of the charges were indeed non-violent: driving without a license, joyriding, having windows tinted too dark, misdemeanor drug possession. An assault charge in 2013 was dismissed. He’s faced eviction seven times, and he had his license suspended indefinitely in January by the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles.

“My son was not a violent person,” she said. “He got stopped a lot, but he never tried to fight.”
Johnson asked why Tensing didn’t use a Taser to subdue Dubose. There’s a reason: The last time a UC police officer killed someone, it was with a Taser in August 2011. UC agreed to pay $2 million and suspend the use of Tasers by its officers as part of a settlement with the victim’s family.

Dubose was known in the neighborhood as a music producer. Callie Lee, who grew up in Walnut Hills, said Dubose once recorded her son singing “In the Still of the Night.”  “Sam gave him free studio time,” said Lee, whose friends call her Cookie.
Russell Dubose, 23, said his cousin loved producing rap and R&B records especially.
“He was just an overall good person with a big heart,” Russell Dubose said. “If I was having a bad day, he was always able to turn it around. He was a joker.”

He was also a father – many times over. One relative estimated that he had 13 children. Another said the tally was closer to 20. Johnson said she lost count (:lol). Dubose was never married, she said.

“We were best friends,” Kimberly Thomas said. “He was like a brother. He didn’t carry weapons. He was an awesome man.”
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
Re: Sam Dubose, Man of the Year
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 03:55:37 pm »
Looks like Snakeeyes is going to be packing a bag for Cincinnati soon, so he can go join the fight against Whitey.

You ever noticed how in all these cases it's never a black doctor who has this happen to him?  It's always some guy with a rap sheet, which doesn't mean that he deserved a death sentence over his long rap sheet, but it IS an indicator that he makes stupid decisions. Now this dude is dead, and the cop's life is ruined and he's probably going to prison for a long time and it's all because that IMBECILE caused it with his stupid actions:  So let's see, cop pulls him over, he's hemming and hawing about whose car it is, about why the license plate isn't on the car (and starts arguing about the legality of that), about whether he has a license or not, he's got a bottle of gin that he tells the cop is air freshener ( ??? Was he high/drunk?), and then he turns on the car and tries to speed away - WHO DOES THAT??

The cop appears to reach in to try to turn the car off, before firing.  A lot has been made about how he shot him in the head, but when you're getting dragged by a car you're not exactly taking careful aim.  Of course, that doesn't stop idiots from reducing this to "White cop shoots black man in the head for not having a front license plate."...I see these idiots with no clue about the world saying things like "He should've just let him drive away" -Cop doesn't know what this suspicious guy's deal is, if he's wanted for something, if he's a drunk/high driver who's going to endanger others.

Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

jeff in tucson

• puts the "semen" in amusement :koolaid
  • -Nutter-
    • sb1070supporter
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 04:20:52 pm »
Obama's gonna run out of sons soon.
Arizona WildcatsArizona DiamondbacksPhoenix SunsDallas CowboysPhoenix Coyotes

Front Porch

• Rat bastard
  • -Security-
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 04:32:36 pm »
someday someone will call Vic an awesome man.

We all get cooler when we die. 

Justin NoCal

• Dickpuss Penegor, PhD.
  • -Nutter-
  • leave the gun, take the cannolis
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 04:34:35 pm »
Dude didn't deserve to die.

Cop didn't deserve to be a cop.
California Golden BearsSan Francisco GiantsSacramento KingsWashington Redskins
Elevate, excavate, eliminate.

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 06:13:30 pm »
Obama's gonna run out of sons soon.

:lol  +1

But not Mr Dubose, apparently.  I still can't get over the line about how they "estimate" he had about 13 kids, maybe 20.  Estimate?  These are offspring, not freaking neckties!

testudo

• Stucknut historian (y'all don't want this)
  • -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 07:22:48 pm »
It turns out.  .. . ..

You can please everyone for a second...

But can't please them for  a lifetime...   

Strange concept unless you are a liberal.    It's why they fail.

Snake come back.   Everyone here knows you aren't smart.. embrace it.  Work on it.

This is a very supportive group here...  I promise we'll be gentle.  :uhh

You can run but you can't hid..  TOTY is talk like a pirate day.    Come get your medicine and explain to your students how you are the mot retarded person on a wepsite fullof tards.

We'lll be waitin'   WE'll be waitin'.

Maryland TerrapinsBaltimore OriolesWashington WizardsBaltimore RavensWashington Capitals

Learjet89

• -Nutter-
  • -Fact Checker-
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2015, 11:45:16 am »

^^This^^

Fucking campus cops.  Too bad this UC cop didn't shoot bman
Xavier MusketeersCincinnati RedsCincinnati Bengals

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2015, 01:05:23 pm »
How do you know?   Oh, that's right, little armchair quarterbacks sitting in the safety of their sofas and with the benefit of hindsight.

I'll ask again this simple question:  Who the fvck tries to fire up their car and drive away in the middle of a traffic stop???

Cop doesn't know what this suspicious guy's deal is - if he has a weapon under the seat, if he has an outstanding warrant, if he's all fvcking drunk/high and is gonna drive away and do who knows what. 

Guy gets pulled over, front license plate is gone, lies about whose car it is, has no ID but wants to give a name for the cop to run instead (gee, I wonder what the odds were that he was going to provide someone else's name, Mr. 75 different charges and approximately 16 bastard kids to his name), is apparently wasted enough that he tells the cop a bottle of gin is air freshener (I still don't get that part - he was either wasted or mentally ill, or it really was air freshener inside a gin bottle? who knows), and then in the middle of this process which he's failing and doing nothing but appearing more suspicious at every turn, he starts up the car, puts it in gear, and tries to drive off, even as the cop sticks his arm in to try to turn the car off.

What the fvck do you expect to happen in a situation like this??  Seriously, what do you want the cop to do?  Just let him go?  Just chalk it up as "Oh gee, I'll just let this guy go, I have a license plate number anyway (of a car that isn't even his - whoever "he" is, since he didnt ID himself), so I can just mail him a ticket for a steep fine later."   ABSURD.  Law enforcement doesn't work that way, armchair QBs.

Not to mention, if he pulls out and drives off like he was trying to, he's probably going to crush the cop's foot with his back tire - so don't give me this "unarmed man" shit. Besides, the cop doesn't know if this suspicious man has a gun under the car seat or something - hence, his request that this suspicious ID-less man in a car that isn't his and with one of the license plates removed take his seat belt off and step out of the car - but this was probably one of these dopes who's seen too many Youtube videos and he thinks he knows the law and thinks it's within his rights to tell the cop "No, you can't ask me to step out of the car!"   Again, ABSURD.

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 01:23:45 pm »
Just think for a second about the arrogance and/or stupidity and/or ignorance of this guy - He's driving around without any ID (or refuses to provide it), his own license is suspended, the car he's driving is somebody else's, and he still has the nerve to sit there and argue with the cop that it's not illegal to not have a missing front license plate (when apparently in Ohio it is) - Bruh, when you're holding nothing but a pair of 2s, that's not the time to bluff like you're holding a strong hand.

Then, like I said above, the old "I watched a Youtube video on that" armchair lawyer mentality of some people who go all "I know my rights, you can't force me to step out of the car without a warrant."   Actually, shitbrains, when you're an ID-less male driving around in a car that's registered to a woman, by your own admission your license is suspended, the front plate is removed, and you're apparently so out of it that you think a bottle of gin is air freshener, that's precisely the time when a cop is going to ask you out of your car so he can check for any weapons etc while he figures out who you are, if your name is clean and you don't have any outstanding warrants, etc.

Learjet89

• -Nutter-
  • -Fact Checker-
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2015, 01:27:08 pm »
And yet none of this is authorization for use of deadly force

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2015, 01:33:00 pm »
You're an expert on the Ohio law enforcement parameters on the use of a weapon?

Answer my simple question which I've asked repeatedly:  What should the cop have done? Let him drive away?

I know, I know, you're gonna say "Use a tazer instead" or "Shoot his foot instead so that he can't step on the gas pedal" or "Let him drive away, but hop back into your patrol car really quick and call for the helicopter to tail him from above"

Shit doesn't work that way, kid.

Learjet89

• -Nutter-
  • -Fact Checker-
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2015, 01:41:43 pm »
Option C, pursue.

The part of this that is worse is the incident reports filed by "Officer" Tensing and his partner that are in GROSS contradiction to what the body camera shows.

http://www.uc.edu/content/dam/uc/ucomm/docs/incident-report.pdf

Saluki

• I'd never join a club that would have me as a
  • -Nutter-
  • I've made a huge mistake
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2015, 01:56:56 pm »

Exactly
Southern Illinois SalukisPittsburgh PiratesChicago BullsPittsburgh SteelersPittsburgh Penguins
I'm more muscular than you /s/ Tudo

Saluki

• I'd never join a club that would have me as a
  • -Nutter-
  • I've made a huge mistake
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2015, 01:58:29 pm »
Cops are and should be held to a higher standard than the shits they police. Some guys aren't cut out for it. Tensing was one of those guys.
Southern Illinois SalukisPittsburgh PiratesChicago BullsPittsburgh SteelersPittsburgh Penguins
I'm more muscular than you /s/ Tudo