Author Topic: Obama renames Mt McKinley  (Read 990 times)

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
Re: Obama renames Mt McKinley
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2015, 05:04:24 pm »
Yeah, because Yellowstone has been historically known by the locals as Rosa Parks National Park ::)

OK then, we'll just rename corn flakes to maize flakes, and the Colorado Buffaloes will be renamed the Colorado Tatankas.
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

Turd Ferguson

• PITNCC Martyr
  • The chat is always better when I am around
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2015, 05:11:28 pm »

OK then, we'll just rename corn flakes to maize flakes, and the Colorado Buffaloes will be renamed the Colorado Tatankas.

That would be dumb.  Tatanka only means buffalo in the Lakota language and I don't think the Lakota really roamed in Colorado. 
Turd - I have never really bought into the genius that is Turd.  I know he is well loved and considered a great poster.  His brand of humor just doesn't do it for me.

Turd Ferguson

• PITNCC Martyr
  • The chat is always better when I am around
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2015, 05:12:14 pm »
unless you think this guy should get his own team name

Turd - I have never really bought into the genius that is Turd.  I know he is well loved and considered a great poster.  His brand of humor just doesn't do it for me.

testudo

• Stucknut historian (y'all don't want this)
  • -Member-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2015, 05:14:26 pm »
Skully wins the day...  it's looking like none of us ever climbed Mount McKinley...
Maryland TerrapinsBaltimore OriolesWashington WizardsBaltimore RavensWashington Capitals

JohnPaul

• -Member-
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2015, 05:58:50 pm »
Obama in Zwazsilli  means Dark Ghost Hunter of Prey .
  Can we please refer to him as that .....going back to our ROOTS  :drink

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2015, 08:16:08 pm »
unless you think this guy should get his own team name

Snakeeyes would get mad.
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

Jeff in Syracuse

• (I)
  • -Nutter-
  • I lift things up and put them down
    • jeff13164
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2015, 10:52:44 am »
Never fear, McKinley fans.  The Donald to the rescue!!!  :uhh

Donald Trump: I'll Change Denali Back to Mount McKinley
Sep 1, 2015, 10:38 AM ET
By BENJAMIN BELL and ALI WEINBERG

Donald Trump, apparently assuming he will secure the White House, tweeted on Monday evening that he would reverse the decision announced by President Obama to change the name of Alaska's Mount McKinley back to the traditional name Denali, saying it is an affront to the Buckeye State.

"President Obama wants to change the name of Mt. McKinley to Denali after more than 100 years. Great insult to Ohio. I will change back!" read the tweet, issued from the account of the real estate mogul.

The decision by the president to change the name of the mountain named for President William McKinley, who was from Ohio, has divided lawmakers, and not necessarily along party lines.

Speaker John Boehner of Ohio said he was "deeply disappointed" in a statement while GOP Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski offered her praise for the change.
Syracuse OrangeNew York MetsPhoenix SunsNew York Giants