Author Topic: Denver City Council comrades ban Chick Fil A  (Read 714 times)

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
Denver City Council comrades ban Chick Fil A
« on: September 01, 2015, 11:38:35 am »
The comrades of Denver's Central Economic Planning Commission have decided that Chick Fil A is not fit to be welcome in their city.  Thank you dear comrades for making these wise decisions for the people.

THIS IS YOUR LEFT.

http://www.commdiginews.com/politics-2/discrimination-at-its-finest-denver-city-council-bans-chick-fil-a-47588/
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • The Anti-Nutter
Re: Denver City Council comrades ban Chick Fil A
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 11:49:28 am »
Dumbshit.

It was a violation of airport policy to have a business that is closed on Sundays.  They are changing the airport policy to appease Chick filet.  They only delayed the vote to address the airport policy.

There was one gay councilman who spoke out against Chick Filets political leanings, but it really had little to do with the story.

Chick Filet will be in the Denver airport soon
Boise St. BroncosChicago CubsBoston CelticsMiami Dolphins

Rob in VB

• Masticater
  • -Nutter-
  • Zamboni Pilot
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 11:50:13 am »
That was a severe pwnting right there.
Georgetown HoyasNew York MetsNew York KnicksDallas CowboysWashington Capitals

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • The Anti-Nutter
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 11:50:49 am »
This is your right

They believe that hateful shit media that spews garbage like this.

Politicizing something that has nothing to do with the issues.

testudo

• Stucknut historian (y'all don't want this)
  • -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 11:58:31 am »

They believe that hateful shit media that spews garbage like this.

Politicizing something that has nothing to do with the issues.

I'm not sure you understand the Gaystapo.   

That article is totally believable if you have been paying ANY ATTENTION AT ALL to how the gay movement operates.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 12:00:42 pm by testudo »
Maryland TerrapinsBaltimore OriolesWashington WizardsBaltimore RavensWashington Capitals

Moodell

• International Brotherhood of Geniuses Local 163
  • -Nutter-
  • "Life is too serious to be taken seriously."
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 12:02:39 pm »
Ohio St. BuckeyesCleveland IndiansCleveland CavaliersIndianapolis ColtsColumbus Blue Jackets
Progressives gnaw away at the pillars of our society as if they were  termites chewing on wood.

Saluki

• I'd never join a club that would have me as a
  • -Nutter-
  • I've made a huge mistake
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 12:02:57 pm »
Tudo and Vic pay a lot of attention to gay movement.
Southern Illinois SalukisPittsburgh PiratesChicago BullsPittsburgh SteelersPittsburgh Penguins
I'm more muscular than you /s/ Tudo

Learjet89

• -Nutter-
  • -Fact Checker-
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 12:03:07 pm »
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_28734837/chick-fil-at-dia-looks-likely-get-denver

A Denver City Council committee on Tuesday is set to resume discussing a controversial lease for a Chick-fil-A franchise at the airport.

Signs point toward a green light for the proposed concession agreement, meaning the full council would consider it later in September.

During the Business Development Committee's first stab at the issue two weeks ago, several council members brought up the firestorm that Chick-fil-A faced a few years ago after an executive made public comments opposing same-sex marriage on religious grounds. The chain also has religion-influenced practices that include requiring all locations, including franchises, to be closed on Sundays a busy travel day at Denver International Airport.
Xavier MusketeersCincinnati RedsCincinnati Bengals

testudo

• Stucknut historian (y'all don't want this)
  • -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 12:04:38 pm »
A Denver City Council committee on Tuesday is set to resume discussing a controversial lease for a Chick-fil-A franchise at the airport.

Signs point toward a green light for the proposed concession agreement, meaning the full council would consider it later in September.

During the Business Development Committee's first stab at the issue two weeks ago, several council members brought up the firestorm that Chick-fil-A faced a few years ago after an executive made public comments opposing same-sex marriage on religious grounds. The chain also has religion-influenced practices that include requiring all locations, including franchises, to be closed on Sundays a busy travel day at Denver International Airport.
Maryland TerrapinsBaltimore OriolesWashington WizardsBaltimore RavensWashington Capitals

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • The Anti-Nutter
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 12:15:24 pm »
I'm not sure you understand the Gaystapo.   

That article is totally believable if you have been paying ANY ATTENTION AT ALL to how the gay movement operates.

Even the gay councilman said he was sure that Chick Filet was going to be in the airport.  All they did was delay the vote for two weeks.

If you read the Denver Post, you'll get more accurate information than national news trying to politicize it.

Stab

• Morally Flexible
  • -Nutter-
  • Flat Sun Denier
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2015, 12:18:16 pm »
It clearly states on one of the pages of the bible (I think its towards the middle somewhere) that Jesus loved to eat chicken on Sundays after he taught Sunday School but before the evening services.

Wisconsin BadgersMilwaukee BrewersMilwaukee BucksGreen Bay Packers
Not the worst. Not even close.

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2015, 12:37:02 pm »
Even the gay councilman said he was sure that Chick Filet was going to be in the airport.  All they did was delay the vote for two weeks.

If you read the Denver Post, you'll get more accurate information than national news trying to politicize it.

The point that's whooshing by your hollow head is that this shouldn't even be an issue, but it is - whether or not it ultimately gets approved, the fact that it's in danger of not being allowed because some loonies are mad that Chick Fil A's owner didn't change his Facebook profile pic to one of those rainbow-filtered ones.
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • The Anti-Nutter
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2015, 12:50:00 pm »

The point that's whooshing by your hollow head is that this shouldn't even be an issue, but it is - whether or not it ultimately gets approved, the fact that it's in danger of not being allowed because some loonies are mad that Chick Fil A's owner didn't change his Facebook profile pic to one of those rainbow-filtered ones.

An airport has a policy that says all businesses must be open on Sundays.  A restaurant that is closed on Sundays wants to open in that airport.  The airport Board needs to revise its policy to appease said restaurant.  Then said restaurant will be allowed to open in the airport.

It ISN'T an issue at all, except for the fact that some paranoid right wing shit media outlets thought they could use it to further instill fear amongst their sheeple that the gays our out to get them.

And you fell for it.

Dumbfvck.

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2015, 01:16:50 pm »
An airport has a policy that says all businesses must be open on Sundays.  A restaurant that is closed on Sundays wants to open in that airport.  The airport Board needs to revise its policy to appease said restaurant.  Then said restaurant will be allowed to open in the airport.

It ISN'T an issue at all, except for the fact that some paranoid right wing shit media outlets thought they could use it to further instill fear amongst their sheeple that the gays our out to get them.

And you fell for it.

Dumbfvck.

"Our"?

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • The Anti-Nutter
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2015, 01:34:37 pm »