Author Topic: More fun with lefties...  (Read 2628 times)

B.P. in H town

• -Member-
Re: More fun with lefties...
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2015, 09:20:09 pm »

The latest Outrage Du Jour is some ridiculous bullshit about the guy who writes James Bond novels saying he didn't think Idris Elba (Stringer Bell from THE WIRE), even though a good actor, would fit the role of Bond because he's too rough and too street, as opposed to another black actor who he thought would be a better choice.  That's the same shit as me saying "I don't see Tom Hardy as Bond because he's too rough/street for the role; I think Michael Fassbender would be better."   But nooo, dipshits all over the country cried foul and said "street" was just whiteman code for n-word and made the dude apologize.  Shit is out of control - the white man is under attack from everywhere and he's just supposed to take it because he's some kind of privileged oppressor or something.

Uh, I don't think you understand what being an actor is about.  You play different roles, so just because Elba played a street role in The Wire, it doesn't mean that he can't play the role of Bond.  You know that's the point of an actor, you can morph into different roles.

The guy's comments would be akin to saying that Dustin Hoffman couldn't play the role of Bond because he's too feminine.  So which is it, does the author not understand the craft of acting or is he stereotyping?

Front Porch

• Rat bastard
  • -Security-
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2015, 10:39:10 pm »
I wouldn't have a problem with saying I don't think Hoffman could be Bond because he is too feminine.

Not all actors can play all roles and Hollywood is littered with stories of actors and or studios of turning down films/actors because they didn't fit the part for whatever reason.

Would I buy Seth Rogan as Bond.  Not really, I would struggle to see this casting choice.  If this came up I would say he is not serious enough.

Now if I say Idris can't play Bond because he is too street but that Denzel Washington would make a great Bond.  Is that a racist statement to say one is too street?

Laser Wang

• Pussy Eater
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2015, 10:45:44 pm »

Now if I say Idris can't play Bond because he is too street but that Denzel Washington would make a great Bond.  Is that a racist statement to say one is too street?

No. But it does make you sound old as fvck.

"Can i call Denzell 'Fleek'?  What is this 'Fleek' that you kids speak of?" /s/FP

North Carolina Tar HeelsHouston AstrosCharlotte HornetsBaltimore RavensCalgary Flames

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2015, 10:52:21 pm »
I wouldn't have a problem with saying I don't think Hoffman could be Bond because he is too feminine.

Not all actors can play all roles and Hollywood is littered with stories of actors and or studios of turning down films/actors because they didn't fit the part for whatever reason.

Would I buy Seth Rogan as Bond.  Not really, I would struggle to see this casting choice.  If this came up I would say he is not serious enough.

I guess you were replying to something ButtPlug said?  I don't know, I have his shitty posts on Ignore - it's been a lifesaver!
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

Hedstrom

• -Nutter-
  • Born and Raised in South Detroit
    • hedstrombacon
    • @hedstrombacon
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2015, 06:26:07 am »
Miami DolphinsCalgary Flames

testudo

• Stucknut historian (y'all don't want this)
  • -Member-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2015, 07:58:42 am »
isn't he part african american, just askin'?

f

No.   He was born in Hawaii.  (allegedly)   Grew up in Indonesia.... went to one of the most the most expensive privates schools in Hawaii.     Grew up in Kansas by white grandparents.   Went to Occidental and Harvard.

Has ZERO slave blood.

He is less african than I am.
Maryland TerrapinsBaltimore OriolesWashington WizardsBaltimore RavensWashington Capitals

Saluki

• I'd never join a club that would have me as a
  • -Nutter-
  • I've made a huge mistake
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2015, 11:59:11 am »
Hmm, a bait thread that's so unfocused it's impossible to tell if it's gone off topic. This is the sort of thing that's made ETA more like Dork Den 2.0.
Southern Illinois SalukisPittsburgh PiratesChicago BullsPittsburgh SteelersPittsburgh Penguins
I'm more muscular than you /s/ Tudo

testudo

• -Member-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2015, 12:09:00 pm »
:lol     Saluki_cry
Maryland TerrapinsBaltimore OriolesWashington WizardsBaltimore RavensWashington Capitals

Moodell

• International Brotherhood of Geniuses Local 163
  • -Nutter-
  • "Life is too serious to be taken seriously."
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2015, 12:33:10 pm »
Ohio St. BuckeyesCleveland IndiansCleveland CavaliersIndianapolis ColtsColumbus Blue Jackets
Progressives gnaw away at the pillars of our society as if they were  termites chewing on wood.

frankinhouston

• -Member-
  • Hello!
    • @harryhooper8
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2015, 05:31:50 pm »

:lol Men "marrying" other men

:lol People rainbowing up their Facebook profile pics to show solidarity in the human rights battle of our time - Next stop: Ferguson!

it makes me sad that i can predict fvcking every come back this stooge posts. are you my evil twink?

f
Texas A&M AggiesHouston AstrosHouston RocketsHouston Texans

rocket625

• Go Raiders
  • -Member-
  • Rip Curl
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2015, 06:21:31 pm »
what can you do
UCSB GauchosLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersOakland RaidersLos Angeles Kings

Spanky

• -Security-
  • Has 2008 racks more than this
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2015, 08:07:59 pm »
are you my evil twink?

f

:lol this idiot faggot has a twink
Nebraska CornhuskersNew York YankeesNew York JetsMontreal Canadiens

testudo

• -Member-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2015, 06:12:04 am »

:lol    I wonder what party this  moron votes for.      :uhh

JeffGordonSucks

• -Member-
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2015, 03:12:19 pm »
:lol    I wonder what party this  moron votes for.      :uhh

The psilocybin & shrubs party.

Saluki

• I'd never join a club that would have me as a
  • -Nutter-
  • I've made a huge mistake
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2015, 05:49:34 pm »
Probably the Green Party.
Southern Illinois SalukisPittsburgh PiratesChicago BullsPittsburgh SteelersPittsburgh Penguins
I'm more muscular than you /s/ Tudo