Author Topic: Dems Want Climate Change Skeptics Investigated  (Read 838 times)

Beavis in KC

• -Nutter-
  • What the fvck are you looking at?
Dems Want Climate Change Skeptics Investigated
« on: September 29, 2015, 07:38:16 am »
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/09/28/new-low-in-science-criminalizing-climate-change-skeptics.html?intcmp=hplnws

One group of climate scientists is trying a different approach. Dismayed by what they see as a lack of progress on the implementation of climate policies that they support, these 20 scientists sent a letter to the White House calling for their political opponents to be investigated by the government.

In particular, they are voicing their support of a proposal by Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) for a RICO investigation of fossil fuel corporations and their supporters, who the scientists allege have deceived the American people about the risks of climate change, with the consequence of forestalling America’s response to reducing carbon emissions.

Seven other climate scientists were the targets of a recent McCarthyite ‘witch hunt’ by Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-Ariz.). Judith Curry was one of the seven. Rep. Grijalva indicated that was investigated because of her recent Congressional testimony summarizing peer-reviewed research indicating that the magnitude and impacts of expected warming could be less than generally believed.

Agree with us or go to jail.  Who are the Nazis now?

:lol
Kansas St. WildcatsKansas City RoyalsGolden State WarriorsKansas City ChiefsDetroit Red Wings
2016 Stucknut Member of the Year

Saluki

• I'd never join a club that would have me as a
  • -Nutter-
  • I've made a huge mistake
Re: Dems Want Climate Change Skeptics Investigated
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 10:40:48 am »
I'd say the nazis are the nazis.
Southern Illinois SalukisPittsburgh PiratesChicago BullsPittsburgh SteelersPittsburgh Penguins
I'm more muscular than you /s/ Tudo

Saluki

• -Nutter-
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 11:20:16 am »
Noted liberal company Exxon Mobile knew about oil's effect on the climate almost 40 years ago

http://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/what-exxon-knew-about-climate-change

Southern Illinois SalukisPittsburgh PiratesChicago BullsPittsburgh SteelersPittsburgh Penguins

Beavis in KC

• -Nutter-
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 12:33:11 pm »
So ExxonMobil scientists in 1988 came to the conclusion that the earth was warming.  It appears that data collected between then and now refute that conclusion.  It turns out that they were wrong along with everyone else.  Wrong even to the point to where environmentalists had to change the name of their movement to 'Climate Change' from 'Global Warming'.
Kansas St. WildcatsKansas City RoyalsGolden State WarriorsKansas City ChiefsDetroit Red Wings

testudo

• Stucknut historian (y'all don't want this)
  • -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 12:35:07 pm »
The "scientists" are saying today that there used to be life on mars but were destroyed by an apocalyptic climate change thing.

Global Warming on Mars.    :lol

Maryland TerrapinsBaltimore OriolesWashington WizardsBaltimore RavensWashington Capitals

Moodell

• International Brotherhood of Geniuses Local 163
  • -Nutter-
  • "Life is too serious to be taken seriously."
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 01:20:47 pm »
The "scientists" are saying today that there used to be life on mars but were destroyed by an apocalyptic climate change thing.

I bet any money that it was "martian-made" global warming.  SaladTosser
Ohio St. BuckeyesCleveland IndiansCleveland CavaliersIndianapolis ColtsColumbus Blue Jackets
Progressives gnaw away at the pillars of our society as if they were  termites chewing on wood.

Moodell

• International Brotherhood of Geniuses Local 163
  • -Nutter-
  • "Life is too serious to be taken seriously."
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 01:36:29 pm »
Climate change "skeptics" are today's Galileos, being persecuted not by the Catholic church, but by members of the United States government. Awesome.
Ohio St. BuckeyesCleveland IndiansCleveland CavaliersIndianapolis ColtsColumbus Blue Jackets
Progressives gnaw away at the pillars of our society as if they were  termites chewing on wood.

J - Dog

• -Member-
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 11:02:06 pm »
Lets put all this Climate Change Shit to rest...

We can't change the suns solar cycles... we go thru Ice Ages every hundred thousand years or so... Warming and Cooling are natural cycles the earth has been thru before/

This whole shit is all about 1 thing....  Taxing you for breathing.

Value Added Tax, or VAT tax...  starts at a low 2% for every time you flush your toilet... Then it goes up from there. 4% then 6% then next thing you know, the Robots need to kill you off because you use up too much carbon.

Washington St. CougarsSeattle MarinersPortland Trail BlazersSeattle Seahawks

John in Nashville

• 16 in the clip and one in the hole.
  • -Nutter-
  • Georgetown Sucks!
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 10:33:21 am »
Tobacco companies got in trouble for lying and manipulating data that their products were killing people. If true I don't see how this is all that different.

Is there a reasonable person who actually thinks that the rampant burning of fossil fuels isn't contributing to the warming of the planet?
Syracuse OrangeNew York YankeesNew York KnicksNew York GiantsNashville Predators

Saluki

• -Nutter-
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2015, 11:16:36 am »
Tobacco companies got in trouble for lying and manipulating data that their products were killing people. If true I don't see how this is all that different.

Is there a reasonable person who actually thinks that the rampant burning of fossil fuels isn't contributing to the warming of the planet?

No

Saluki

• -Nutter-
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 11:17:06 am »

Why is "scientists" in quotes? Are they not scientists?

Saluki

• -Nutter-
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2015, 11:18:02 am »
Climate change "skeptics" are today's Galileos, being persecuted not by the Catholic church, but by members of the United States government. Awesome.

Didn't realize they were being murdered or sent to prison. Source?

John in Nashville

• 16 in the clip and one in the hole.
  • -Nutter-
  • Georgetown Sucks!
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2015, 11:57:50 am »
Why is "scientists" in quotes? Are they not scientists?

Tudo invented science before he was czar of Russia.
Syracuse OrangeNew York YankeesNew York KnicksNew York GiantsNashville Predators

Beavis in KC

• -Nutter-
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2015, 12:01:25 pm »
Tudo invented science before he was czar of Russia.

Solid poating there.

:lol +1