Author Topic: Jerrih's Kids  (Read 623 times)

Bill_in_Phoenix

• -Member-
Jerrih's Kids
« on: October 28, 2015, 09:54:31 pm »
At this point, I could really care less about Greg Hardy or any of the other train wrecks the 'Boys have signed over the years.  And I also understand that the 'Boys might be reduced to running their team like a business.  Bill Bidwell did it with the Cardinals for 30 years.  Donald Sterling certainly did it with the Clippers.  There is nothing wrong with that--businesses exist to make money.

Having said that, any corporation, be it private or public, has three constituencies to whom they should attend:  the owners, the employees and the customers.  I'm sure the commercial success of the team has benefitted the Jones family.  And I'd hazard a guess that the employees (players and staff) aren't complaining.  Jerry's fault exists in trying to deflect the fans from wanting a winner.

When the Arizona Cardinals moved into a new stadium, one which they'd wanted for decades, something woke up in Michael Bidwell's brain and said, Man, you got a sellout for the whole season--put a winning team on the field for a change.  And the attitude changed quickly.  It took a third-generation shift to make it happen.  Will that happen with Jerry's kid?  Too soon to know.  The initial reaction isn't so positive.

As for Jerry's tenure as GM, let's be honest: everyone knew they were drafting Aikman, Tom Landry signed Michael Irvin, and neither Jerry nor Barry Switzer did much with their own players after Jimmy departed.

So It's on Jerry/Stephen.  Does he want to put a winning team on the field, or does he just want the cameras to be pointed at him all the time?  I think that's a fair question.
Western Michigan BroncosSt. Louis CardinalsPhoenix SunsSt Louis Blues
Get off my lawn

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
Re: Jerrih's Kids
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 02:57:20 am »
Cool story bro.
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

Stab

• Morally Flexible
  • -Nutter-
  • Flat Sun Denier
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 04:57:25 am »
Writing this much about the Cowturds...

You sir, are most of the problem.

Nobody out side of Dallas and Mehiko City and teh players mothers gives dos shits about that team.
Wisconsin BadgersMilwaukee BrewersMilwaukee BucksGreen Bay Packers
Not the worst. Not even close.

Rob in VB

• Masticater
  • Mod
  • Zamboni Pilot
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 08:15:01 am »
Writing this much about the Cowturds...

You sir, are most of the problem.

Nobody out side of Dallas and Mehiko City and teh players mothers gives dos shits about that team.

Wrong.  You're bant.  Have a nice day.
Georgetown HoyasNew York MetsNew York KnicksDallas CowboysWashington Capitals

Front Porch

• Rat bastard
  • -Security-
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 09:03:30 am »
one the post just kind of meanders around without any real meaning.

The Cards winning team is more of a process than Michael Bidwell thinking any different.  I really doubt that he just one day decided hey we had some sell outs, we should try winning like instead of losing.  It is a very poor and not well drawn out parallel that he is trying to make there. 

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 04:25:02 pm »
Yeah, like all it takes to start winning is to say "Hmm, wouldn't it be nice if we had a winning team? We should try to win some games."

It reminds me of when a team plays a great defensive game against Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers, and some dipstick announcer goes "See? The Chiefs just showed us all the blueprint for how you beat Aaron Rodgers. You have to put pressure in his face all day long with your Front 4, while at the same time you play tight coverage on his WRs."
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

Dan in Toronto

• -Member-
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 09:00:32 pm »
Jerry's problem is Jerry. Plain and simple. Sports owners should know better than to place themselves in the spotlight of team management.

Just ask Harold Ballard, the crusty former owner of the Toronto Maple Leafs. He was a tyrant, a bully and even a criminal. He didn't deserve to own a pro sports team.

Neither did Bill Wirtz. He ran the Blackhawks into the ground and it wasn't until his son Rocky took over that the team had success.

Jerry is prematurely senile and needs to step away but it won't happen. One word, ego. He belongs up there with the late Al Davis as an example on how not to do things as an out of touch owner.
Buffalo BillsOttawa Senators

wireman

• -Nutter-
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 12:05:04 am »
Jerah will never learn.  He reminds me so much of Al Davis that its scary.
North Carolina Tar HeelsOakland AthleticsSacramento KingsOakland RaidersCarolina Hurricanes
I may be drunk Miss but, in the morning I'll be sober & you'll still be ugly. W. Churchill