Author Topic: Xbox1 vs PS4  (Read 3934 times)

John in Nashville

• 16 in the clip and one in the hole.
  • -Nutter-
  • Georgetown Sucks!
Xbox1 vs PS4
« on: November 09, 2015, 05:02:51 pm »
I have not owned a console since fvck like PS2 or something.

Couple of games out there that look pretty fvcking sweet like GTA 5 and Fallout 4. So I think this holiday season I am going to black Friday myself a console.

Looks like the deal for an Xbox will be $299 and come with two games and an extra controller. The PS4 is about the same but I think you only get one game free. So the Xbox is a little better deal.

Ok Looosers which one should I get? And no sorry PC guy I am not spending $1,500 on something to play some fvcking games on.
Syracuse OrangeNew York YankeesNew York KnicksNew York GiantsNashville Predators

Ralph In Orlando

• Globetard Killer
  • -Nutter-
  • Its Real To Me
Re: Xbox1 vs PS4
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 07:12:04 pm »
Well, if you are into baseball games, and havent been on a console that long, get a PS4. There is currently no baseball game for Xbox, and MLB the Show is awesome.

Other factors you might want to look at is which console your friends will be on. Youll have to sacrifice your beisbol love for Black Ops III with your clan on Xbone.

Hard Drive space may be an issue as games take up quite a bit of space, including the updates.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/seagate-backup-plus-slim-4tb-external-usb-3-0-2-0-portable-hard-drive-black/8915094.p?id=1219697997754&skuId=8915094

get this one to use as your primary hard drive.
Duke Blue DevilsNew York MetsNew York KnicksNew York GiantsNew York Rangers
{:: - You Bark, I Bite - ::}

rocket625

• Go Raiders
  • -Member-
  • Rip Curl
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 07:17:23 pm »
I like the ps4 better but have always had sony.  :drink
UCSB GauchosLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersOakland RaidersLos Angeles Kings

John in Nashville

• -Nutter-
  • Georgetown Sucks!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 09:26:26 am »
So far the reviews I have read say the two games I am most interested in perform better on the PS4. Those being Fallout 4 and GTA V. Something to do with refresh rates and Xbox having a slightly inferior graphics card.

Also I am used to the Sony brand had a PS1 and PS2 back in the day. So I am leaning in that direction. If one of them supported 4k right now that would be the deal breaker as I am probably going to get a 4k TV soon.
Syracuse OrangeNew York YankeesNew York KnicksNew York GiantsNashville Predators

Justin NoCal

• Dickpuss Penegor, PhD.
  • -Nutter-
  • leave the gun, take the cannolis
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 08:24:04 pm »
I am wondering this too.

Wasn't sure the 4k TV made a difference? I have a 65" 4k and that would be tits if a console supports it.. ?
I grew up on Playstation 1 and 2 from age whatever until high school or so and didn't play consoles for the longest time. Then I bought a XBOX 360 so I'm kind of stuck on XBOX. This is the last year I will be able to update rosters for MLB 2k but I don't wanna buy a PS4 solely for MLB: The Show.
California Golden BearsSan Francisco GiantsSacramento KingsWashington Redskins
Elevate, excavate, eliminate.

Saluki

• I'd never join a club that would have me as a
  • -Nutter-
  • I've made a huge mistake
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 08:27:10 pm »
I am wondering this too.

Wasn't sure the 4k TV made a difference? I have a 65" 4k and that would be tits if a console supports it.. ?
I grew up on Playstation 1 and 2 from age whatever until high school or so and didn't play consoles for the longest time. Then I bought a XBOX 360 so I'm kind of stuck on XBOX. This is the last year I will be able to update rosters for MLB 2k but I don't wanna buy a PS4 solely for MLB: The Show.

GTA 5 pwns as does Call of Duty
Southern Illinois SalukisPittsburgh PiratesChicago BullsPittsburgh SteelersPittsburgh Penguins
I'm more muscular than you /s/ Tudo

Justin NoCal

• Dickpuss Penegor, PhD.
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 08:30:12 pm »
I have GTA V on X360 and I enjoy it. I don't like to play online at all with any games unless I actually know the person. FIFA, MLB and NFL games are the only exception. Something about playing online Black Ops with 9 years old kids isn't much fun :uhh
I like Call of Duty campaign :ghey2 I also really like the Assassins Creed series :ghey2

As a side note, why the fvck would developers think it's a good idea to limit a game to a certain platform? i.e. MLB The Show

Turd Ferguson

• PITNCC Martyr
  • -Nutter-
  • The chat is always better when I am around
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 09:20:36 pm »
I miss EA Sports MVP Baseball.  Is the Show even close to as good?
Turd - I have never really bought into the genius that is Turd.  I know he is well loved and considered a great poster.  His brand of humor just doesn't do it for me.

Ralph In Orlando

• Globetard Killer
  • -Nutter-
  • Its Real To Me
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 10:13:19 pm »
How good are 4k Tvs Yustin? I recently upgraded my TV to a 120 hz tv 55 inch and it blu ray is awesome on it compared to regular old 60 hz.
Duke Blue DevilsNew York MetsNew York KnicksNew York GiantsNew York Rangers
{:: - You Bark, I Bite - ::}

Justin NoCal

• Dickpuss Penegor, PhD.
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2015, 11:32:54 pm »
I like to think 4k is the future but who knows. Most movies are shot in 4k these days. I know TV shows and sprots networks don't shoot in 4k, at least not yet. Netflix is just recently expanding their 4k content. It requires a complete overhaul of video equipment to shoot in 4k. That's why I really don't think the PS4 and X1's graphics are 4k but I could be wrong.

Justin NoCal

• Dickpuss Penegor, PhD.
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2015, 11:44:30 pm »
How good are 4k Tvs Yustin? I recently upgraded my TV to a 120 hz tv 55 inch and it blu ray is awesome on it compared to regular old 60 hz.

4k TV's are great but 120hz refresh rate is the bare minimum. You can grab a decent 120hz 4k 55" Samsung for about $1,200. The difference between your standard HD and 4k only depends on the content you're watching. I'm sure you've noticed the difference between DVD and Blu-Ray.. well I think the difference between Blu-Ray and 4k is the same jump. Watch Interstellar on a Blu-Ray machine using a 4k TV.. it's.....

:banana

Spanky

• -Security-
  • Has 2008 racks more than this
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2015, 06:56:30 am »
I have an Xbox 1 and it is fvcking amazing. DGAF which one you choose really.
Nebraska CornhuskersNew York YankeesNew York JetsMontreal Canadiens

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2015, 05:18:46 pm »
I miss EA Sports MVP Baseball.  Is the Show even close to as good?

MVP 2005 on the old Xbox1 (not Xbox One) was the last time I had fun with a baseball game. These new games try to recreate the ballpark experience a little too much with batters doing little gestures in the box and stuff like that, but it takes an hour to complete a 9-inning game.   I won't even mention how the newer Maddens aren't nearly as fun to me as Madden 2005.
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

Laser Wang

• Pussy Eater
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2015, 06:07:09 pm »
MVP 2005 on the old Xbox1 (not Xbox One) was the last time I had fun with a baseball game. These new games try to recreate the ballpark experience a little too much with batters doing little gestures in the box and stuff like that, but it takes an hour to complete a 9-inning game.   I won't even mention how the newer Maddens aren't nearly as fun to me as Madden 2005.

I like the NBA2k games although you are right that they do take long as hell to play.
North Carolina Tar HeelsHouston AstrosCharlotte HornetsBaltimore RavensCalgary Flames

John in Nashville

• -Nutter-
  • Georgetown Sucks!
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2015, 10:23:43 am »
I like to think 4k is the future but who knows. Most movies are shot in 4k these days. I know TV shows and sprots networks don't shoot in 4k, at least not yet. Netflix is just recently expanding their 4k content. It requires a complete overhaul of video equipment to shoot in 4k. That's why I really don't think the PS4 and X1's graphics are 4k but I could be wrong.

No they are not currently 4k and from a gaming perspective they probably will not in this generation.

native 4K gaming is never going to happen in a meaningful capacity with this generationís CPUs and GPUs, so the 2160p30 limitation of HDMI 1.4 isnít a major factor. After all, the vast majority of video is still being produced at 24 or 30 frames per second. Without 60fps games to play at 4K, why should they even bother moving to HDMI 2.0 for the current generation?

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/198751-will-the-ps4-and-xbox-one-receive-4k-support-this-year

However that same article does discuss potential hardware or software updates making 4k video play a possibility. For Netflix for example must TV's can play Netflix themselves anyway do I don't see much of an advantage.