Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 1728 times)

Outlaw

• -Member-
What would you do?
« on: November 11, 2015, 12:29:13 pm »
This dude I work with has putrid bad breath, you can't even begin to imagine. Don't even ask me about his brownish-green chicklets (both of them). I have to report to his office several times a week for production meetings. The rancid smell smacks you in the face as soon as you open his office door, somewhere between 10 day old rotting road kill on a hot July afternoon and raw sewage. I shouldn't have to yarf every time I leave this guy's office. Should I tell him about it? Maybe ask him to mix in a box of Altoids or a bottle of Scope before every production meeting? I seriously don't know if I can stomach the stench anymore.
Chicago CubsChicago BearsChicago Blackhawks

Geo in Indy

• -Member-
Re: What would you do?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 12:32:55 pm »
Very strange.  I've worked in an office environment for almost ten years.  I'm yet to have a co-worker missing lots of teeth and others rotting out.  Are you working for a Trucking company or something?
Indiana HoosiersCincinnati RedsIndiana PacersIndianapolis Colts
2011 Tard of the Year 2012 Stucknut DIT Invitational Champion

Hedstrom

• -Nutter-
  • Born and Raised in South Detroit
    • hedstrombacon
    • @hedstrombacon
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 12:35:30 pm »
Chronic Halitosis is an invasion of your personal space. It's no different than body odor. People have been thrown off planes for it. Don't be subtle....tell the dude. Everyone will thank you for it...including him.

NEDIT: You may want to consult your office procedure manual regarding personal appearance, including hygiene.
Miami DolphinsCalgary Flames

Outlaw

• -Member-
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 12:39:20 pm »
Very strange.  I've worked in an office environment for almost ten years.  I'm yet to have a co-worker missing lots of teeth and others rotting out.  Are you working for a Trucking company or something?
I work at a Fortune 500 equipment manufacturing plant.

Outlaw

• -Member-
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 12:43:09 pm »
Chronic Halitosis is an invasion of your personal space. It's no different than body odor. People have been thrown off planes for it. Don't be subtle....tell the dude. Everyone will thank you for it...including him.

NEDIT: You may want to consult your office procedure manual regarding personal appearance, including hygiene.
I came close to saying something to him this morning. I guess I just don't want to hurt the dude's feelings. Good advice though.

Geo in Indy

• -Member-
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 12:44:01 pm »
It's not appropriate for an office environment.  I would start a new email address and send one to his work email anonymously.  It's the most courteous way to handle it.
Indiana HoosiersCincinnati RedsIndiana PacersIndianapolis Colts
2011 Tard of the Year 2012 Stucknut DIT Invitational Champion

John in Nashville

• 16 in the clip and one in the hole.
  • -Nutter-
  • Georgetown Sucks!
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 12:45:41 pm »
When secret Santa rolls around get him some tooth brushes and mouthwash and hope he gets the hint.
Syracuse OrangeNew York YankeesNew York KnicksNew York GiantsNashville Predators

Stab

• Morally Flexible
  • -Nutter-
  • Flat Sun Denier
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 01:45:44 pm »
When secret Santa rolls around get him some tooth brushes and mouthwash and hope he gets the hint.
:lol Juse wishing someone would have done that for him so many years ago.
Wisconsin BadgersMilwaukee BrewersMilwaukee BucksGreen Bay Packers
Not the worst. Not even close.

Front Porch

• Rat bastard
  • -Security-
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 02:09:06 pm »
bring mints or gum to the meeting, offer everyone a mint.

If not than complain to HR that he touched your butt.  Problem solved. 

John in Nashville

• 16 in the clip and one in the hole.
  • -Nutter-
  • Georgetown Sucks!
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 03:23:47 pm »
In all honesty you probably should ask your boss or HR what the best way to approach it is.
Syracuse OrangeNew York YankeesNew York KnicksNew York GiantsNashville Predators

Hedstrom

• -Nutter-
  • Born and Raised in South Detroit
    • hedstrombacon
    • @hedstrombacon
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 03:41:34 pm »
In all honesty you probably should ask your boss or HR what the best way to approach it is.

I like this approach. :beer

Those peeps are paid to put out fires so why not make them handle the dumpster fire in dude's piehole?
Miami DolphinsCalgary Flames

Spanky

• -Security-
  • Has 2008 racks more than this
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 06:16:31 pm »
Stop being a pussy and tell him to brush his teeth. JFC be a man.
Nebraska CornhuskersNew York YankeesNew York JetsMontreal Canadiens

rocket625

• Go Raiders
  • -Member-
  • Rip Curl
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2015, 06:26:28 pm »
This dude I work with has putrid bad breath, you can't even begin to imagine. Don't even ask me about his brownish-green chicklets (both of them). I have to report to his office several times a week for production meetings. The rancid smell smacks you in the face as soon as you open his office door, somewhere between 10 day old rotting road kill on a hot July afternoon and raw sewage. I shouldn't have to yarf every time I leave this guy's office. Should I tell him about it? Maybe ask him to mix in a box of Altoids or a bottle of Scope before every production meeting? I seriously don't know if I can stomach the stench anymore.
  show up to the meeting in a wwII gas mask...  ;D
UCSB GauchosLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersOakland RaidersLos Angeles Kings

PlaynWithDummies

• Why am I still just a
  • -Member-
    • playnwithdummies
    • @PlaynWithDummys
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2015, 08:00:16 pm »
I came close to saying something to him this morning. I guess I just don't want to hurt the dude's feelings. Good advice though.
Its HR's issue.  You tell them and they tell him in a professional manner.  Its a win win for you.
Green Bay PackersToronto Maple Leafs
If you're bored I've got a whole bunch of off's you can go fvck.

jeff in tucson

• puts the "semen" in amusement :koolaid
  • -Nutter-
    • sb1070supporter
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2015, 09:09:53 pm »
Just tell the motherfvcker. I used to work with a bitch who's bo would peel the paint as she walked by. One day we were in a training class and I was like fvck this, I told the trainer to reschedule me. She asked why. I said cuz I shouldn't have to be subjected to that putrid stench eminating from HER! And I pointed right at the old bitch. fvck that man, you have a right to a conductive workplace and stinky motherfvckers don't contribute to that
Arizona WildcatsArizona DiamondbacksPhoenix SunsDallas CowboysPhoenix Coyotes