Author Topic: Price Will Be Missed  (Read 1406 times)

Dan in Toronto

• -Member-
Price Will Be Missed
« on: November 30, 2015, 07:51:17 pm »
Out another 6 weeks? Good for the Senators. Hopefully they can narrow the gap a little but Condon has been more than respectable in net. No way Montreal gets by the Capitals or the Rangers in the playoffs if this becomes chronic for Price.

They only refer to it as a lower body injury but I've heard it's his knee.

Good to see they called up Zach Fucale. He was fantastic at last year's World Juniors. Despite my loathing of the Habs I'd like to see the kid get a start or two with Price out this long.
Buffalo BillsOttawa Senators

Jeff in MD

• the M.D. is in the house
  • Mod
  • 2012 Stucknut NFL Pool Champion
Re: Price Will Be Missed
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 09:17:42 pm »
Fortunately for the Habs they're scoring a bunch of goals right now but at some point they're going to need Price. If the Habs are smart they hold him out until he's 100%, not just until he's "okay enough to play."
Maryland TerrapinsWashington NationalsWashington WizardsWashington RedskinsWashington Capitals

Dan in Toronto

• -Member-
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 07:29:46 pm »
I don't see Bergevin allowing that to happen. He's got his hands on all the buttons and delegates well but I think he's going to be all over Price's return from this second setback.

Dan in Toronto

• -Member-
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 11:30:55 am »
I'm way late on this but apparently the scope on his knee showed no major damage and no surgery required. 6-8 weeks on the shelf. I think if they're smart and keeping on top of the Atlantic Division they should not put Price out there until End of January.

The Red Wings are on a tear as of late getting points in their last 10 games 6-0-4 and only 3 pts behind though. Should be interesting.

Jeff in MD

• the M.D. is in the house
  • Mod
  • 2012 Stucknut NFL Pool Champion
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 01:12:18 pm »
Condon is struggling right now so it's going to be interesting to see if the Habs can hold things together for another 15-20 games until Price gets back, especially considering the offense has left them as well scoring only 2 goals or less in 5 straight games now. Could be a symptom of gripping their sticks too tight knowing Condon is going to give up 3 every game.
Maryland TerrapinsWashington NationalsWashington WizardsWashington RedskinsWashington Capitals