Author Topic: Henry Rollins Spoken Word Tour  (Read 696 times)

Hedstrom

• -Nutter-
  • Born and Raised in South Detroit
    • hedstrombacon
    • @hedstrombacon
Henry Rollins Spoken Word Tour
« on: January 09, 2016, 08:18:35 am »
I find some of his podcast stuff interesting but don't think I would pay to see this.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/jan/06/henry-rollins-spoken-word-morrissey-congress?CMP=share_btn_tw

"Do you view all bigotry as a con?
Itís a con. Yeah. Theyíre basically saying: ďDonít buy a Sly & the Family Stone record.Ē I mean can you imagine? And thatís just bigotry of one stripe. Thereís all kinds of prejudice. I grew up in Washington DC where black kids called me a cracker and hit me because I was white; it was like, Iím seven years old, what did I do to you? Who got to us? Itís like, someone told them something. All those foot-soldier neo-Nazi guys that get busted in America for shooting some poor Syrian guy on the bus, theyíre getting played by guys who never get jail time. Talk about being conned."

For Steeb...

"On reflection, do you think it was harsh to say you wanted to make a house record out of the sound of Morrissey being burned to death?
Well, I like the guy. I think heís very intelligent and has real good taste in music. Itís nothing Iíd say on stage now because I think itís poorly meant, but thatís why we humans are allowed subtly evolve here and there. There are definitely some people I wouldnít mind seeing burned to death Ė I absolutely have a kill list. But not good old Morrissey. I think the world is a much better place with him in it."
Miami DolphinsCalgary Flames

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
Re: Henry Rollins Spoken Word Tour
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 08:18:01 am »
Rollins knows whats up  :koolaid
Texas LonghornsHouston AstrosHouston RocketsCleveland Browns

Fomunda Cheesehead

• White Trash Biker Scumbag
  • -Nutter-
  • Loud Pipes Save Lives
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 09:23:02 am »
I was way deep into the punk scene back in the 80's and of course Black Flag was a staple of that time. The second time I saw them play was the My War tour and I ended up hanging out with him briefly after the show. I helped move his monitors out of the hall and into their shitty van. He was much cooler than I expected based on his act on stage. He was in Jesus mode then with beard and long hair. Gregg Ginn (founder/guitar player) was an asshole. Probably why those 2 are not on speaking terms. He had just gotten the large tat on his back.

Wisconsin BadgersMilwaukee BrewersGreen Bay PackersBoston Bruins
Motorcycle Clubs are not Street Gangs ~ Support your local Motorcycle Rights Organization

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 10:29:29 am »
look how puny he was  :lol
Texas LonghornsHouston AstrosHouston RocketsCleveland Browns

Laser Wang

• Pussy Eater
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 11:27:28 am »
Pass
North Carolina Tar HeelsHouston AstrosCharlotte HornetsBaltimore RavensCalgary Flames

frankinhouston

• -Member-
    • @harryhooper8
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 09:26:44 pm »
last concert magda and i saw. 2010 or somewhere around there. X actually headlined. magda wanted to run when henry came on, but i had to explain those a-holes in front were slam dancing. awesome concert, both rollins and x.

f
Texas A&M AggiesHouston AstrosHouston RocketsHouston Texans